Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 28/10/06 - Serie A - AC Milan vs Inter
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
berenike_10
Well, the derbi is on saturday, i hope we can smack down the merda neriazzurri.

I'll go for.. 1-0, milan wins.
Portman
I hope Bonera and Brocchi don't play.

And Carletto, please put our 2 best attackers: Oli and Pippo.
berenike_10
QUOTE (Portugal @ Oct 25 2006, 03:38 PM)
I hope Bonera and Brocchi don't play.

And Carletto, please put our 2 best attackers: Oli and Pippo.

yep yep, i would like to see this team :

------------------dida

----cafu----nesta----maldini----marek

------gatusso----pirlo----seedorf

------------------kaka

----------inzaghi------oliveira
misha
I have a good hunch about this game. I'll go for pretentious prediction 4:2 (Pipp2,Pirlo,kaka - Stankovic, Ibra)

I hope our line up gonna be: Dida, Janku, Nesta ,Maldini ,Cafu, Pirlo ,Rino ,Seedorf ,Kaka, Oli ,Pippo.
Jack Sparrow
I wanna see Simic in action too, from what I've seen so far he does seem better than Bonera...or maybe Bonera too hates playing at RB.
berenike_10
QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 25 2006, 03:45 PM)
I'll go for pretentious prediction 4:2

yes is quite pretentious i think tongue.gif , but i think that the score board will keep low
dst
10-0 for Milan !! devil.gif

well no ... but I hope we'll win ... I am sure we'll see all of our players at their best and the best Milan game so far ... that, I'm sure of !! smile.gif
Jack Sparrow
If it does go high, I'm really sorry to say I don't think it will be in our favour.

At best Milan will manage a 3-0 victory. At worst a 3-0 defeat.

So on an average, I'm going for a 1-0 or 2-0 in favour of Milan, though my head keeps saying merda are gonna take this one.
berenike_10
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 25 2006, 03:51 PM)
10-0 for Milan !!  devil.gif

well no ... but I hope we'll win ... I am sure we'll see all of our players at their best and the best Milan game so far ... that, I'm sure of !!  smile.gif

they always leave their soul and blood on the field in the games against inter wink.gif
misha
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 25 2006, 11:46 PM)
I wanna see Simic in action too, from what I've seen so far he does seem better than Bonera...or maybe Bonera too hates playing at RB.

There is a big diference between Simic at the CB and Simic at the RB
X-Offender
I have the feeling it's gonna be a draw, but I really hope I'm proved wrong. I would also go with the same line up berenike proposed, it's our best one at the moment.
Jack Sparrow
Yeah I thought so, but when Nesta came on wasn't Simic at RB
berenike_10
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 25 2006, 04:05 PM)
Yeah I thought so, but when Nesta came on wasn't Simic at RB

yes, he played as a rigth back on inter too, and he was playing quite oftenly as a Rb on milan.. but then cafu arrived.... and you know the rest of the story
X-Offender
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Oct 25 2006, 11:09 PM)
yes, he played as a rigth back on inter too, and he was playing quite oftenly as a Rb on milan.. but then cafu arrived.... and you know the rest of the story

He played as RB in the 02/03 season, when we won the Champions. As Carlo said, we actually won the CL with no wingers, since Kaladze and Simic are originally centrebacks.
KillerMax
I have a good feeling about this game... I think we will win with Pippo and Seedorf scoring!!! devil.gif
berenike_10
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 25 2006, 04:15 PM)
He played as RB in the 02/03 season, when we won the Champions. As Carlo said, we actually won the CL with no wingers, since Kaladze and Simic are originally centrebacks.

yep yep , very true pal, but on inter he did played as Rb. but eventhough he can play really good as a Cb i prefer nesta and highlander ( maldini ) in those places, in croatia national team also pays as a Cb.
Nova
Ohhh sad.gif

I have a terrible anouncement cry.gif

I cant watch the game cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

I have to go to germany to watch a kid's (who I dont even know) baptism cry.gif cry.gif Damn you Greek diaspora !! Can't you stay in greece ?!? mad.gif sad.gif cry.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Oct 25 2006, 11:23 PM)
yep yep , very true pal, but on inter he did played as Rb. but eventhough  he can play really good as a Cb i prefer nesta and highlander ( maldini ) in those places, in croatia national team also pays as a Cb.

Yep, but don't forget Simic is a reserve. He and Kaladze are an assurance if Paolo or Sandro will need some rest. We also have Costacurta there, so if nobody gets injured, I think our defence is fixed for this season.
berenike_10
QUOTE (Nova @ Oct 25 2006, 04:27 PM)
I have a terrible anouncement
I cant watch the game

I have to go to germany to watch a kid's (who I dont even know) baptism cry.gif cry.gif  Damn you Greek diaspora !! Can't you stay in greece ?!?  mad.gif  sad.gif  cry.gif

Will galdy tell you how it was wink.gif , take care on germany and don't forget to bring us a gift. rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Nova @ Oct 26 2006, 01:27 AM)
Ohhh sad.gif

I have a terrible anouncement  cry.gif
I cant watch the game cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

I have to go to germany to watch a kid's (who I dont even know) baptism cry.gif cry.gif  Damn you Greek diaspora !! Can't you stay in greece ?!?  mad.gif  sad.gif  cry.gif

There are pubs that show the games .. If in Munich, I can get u the name ..
berenike_10
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 25 2006, 04:29 PM)
Yep, but don't forget Simic is a reserve. He and Kaladze are an assurance if Paolo or Sandro will need some rest. We also have Costacurta there, so if nobody gets injured, I think our defence is fixed for this season.

Yes, thats correct, i wonder, and well perhaps you have asked yourself this, could this really be maldini's last season ? i honestly dont remember milan with out maldini, and also i think is billy's last season too...
X-Offender
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Oct 25 2006, 11:34 PM)
Yes, thats correct, i wonder, and well perhaps you have asked yourself this, could this really be maldini's last season ? i honestly dont remember milan with out maldini, and also i think is billy's last season too...

I think Maldini will do one more, but Billy will definitely quit. He'll be 41 and for someone like him that's enough I guess.
berenike_10
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 25 2006, 04:39 PM)
I think Maldini will do one more, but Billy will definitely quit. He'll be 41 and for someone like him that's enough I guess.

i hope , and i wouldn't care if maldini retires this year... if he lifts the champions league one more time. ( and his last of course )
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 25 2006, 04:39 PM)

It's so weird to see all these players retire at 33/ 34... Costacurta makes them look weak as hell... Cause I remember Billy was still on top of his game 30-35... True legend... king.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 25 2006, 11:43 PM)
It's so weird to see all these players retire at 33/ 34... Costacurta makes them look weak as hell... Cause I remember Billy was still on top of his game 30-35... True legend... king.gif

Yep, not to mention Paolo. He had one of his best season when we won the Champions, and he was "just" 35 then. king.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 26 2006, 01:43 AM)

Yea .. Imagine the experience, at the end of Istanbul, Kaka stated that if it wasnt for Billy and Paolo's experience .. He wouldnt have delt with the loss maturely ..

Having them on our side is a definite plus in terms of the amount of tactical awarness they posses .. devil.gif
berenike_10
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 25 2006, 04:53 PM)
Yep, not to mention Paolo. He had one of his best season when we won the Champions, and he was "just" 35 then. king.gif

Remembering his goal against liverpool... in the ucl final , and th fact that he such a damm gentleman, did not cryed, smiling to other people, surely milan will retire #3.. and that day a true leyend will born, like baresi did.
milanistar
Milan will win 1-0 and Gila will score wink.gif
berenike_10
QUOTE (milanistar @ Oct 25 2006, 05:37 PM)

The faith on the unknow soldier.
KillerMax
QUOTE (milanistar @ Oct 25 2006, 05:37 PM)

I'm afraid he won't start...
dst
QUOTE (Nova @ Oct 26 2006, 01:27 AM)

You wouldn't want to be in Greece too, believe me !! Have fun in that baptism biggrin.gif

But really ... it can't be at the same time exactly ... you will find a way to see that match I'm sure of that !!

QUOTE (milanistar @ Oct 26 2006, 02:37 AM)

Not in PES ... we're really playing Inter on Saturday !!
han2503
So the big game. I hope my cable providers broadcast it on the sports channel or I will go down there and shoot them, they seem to have an obsession for EPL and Lazio matches rolleyes.gif

I won't try to predict anything, because we will lose if I do so I'm shutting up about this one.

Seedorf will probably be MOM in this match since he always steps up a few notches against big teams, but his hornes come out against Inter and Juve mostly devilsmiley.gif . You could see him prepareing for it in the Chievo match, he was definately better in that match.

I think the best line up for this one would be:

Cafu--Nesta--Maldini--Janku
--Gattuso--Pirlo--Seedorf--
-------------Kaka------------
-------Oliveira--Pippo-------

If Carlo comes up with the Gila Pippo thing again I will kill him. We need to exploit all there weeknesses and it's definately their defence, Oli and Kaak's pace will kill them, and Pippo better get back into the game in this one, we need his goals.

When Milan bought Oli I kept hearing from La Liga fans that Oli like to score in derbies and against big teams, so lets hope that he keeps his tradition devil.gif
arivanjj
i like the line-up most of you have, so i think this is gonna be an exciting game us winning 2 - 0 Oli and Pippo both scoring. cool.gif

oh and don't get me all emotional on billy and paolo, it's not time for that yet.
dst
Seedorf will score ... and so will Oli I think !!
misha
AC Milan starts crucial period against city rival Inter in Serie A

MILAN, Italy (AP) -AC Milan starts what may be the most important few days of its season in daunting style Saturday - against Serie A leader and city rival Inter Milan.

With four wins, three draws and a loss, 12th-place Milan would be third in the league but for an eight-point penalty for its role in Italy's match-fixing scandal.

However, a reduction or cancellation of the penalties is anticipated because the Italian Olympic Committee's arbitration board - the highest body in Italian sports justice - is expected to rule before Tuesday on appeals by Milan and three other clubs.

"On the field, we are third,'' Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti said. "It's a very important week for Milan's season.''

Inter has 18 points and leads on goal difference over Palermo, which is at Fiorentina on Sunday. AS Roma is third with 14 points.

Milan has won two of the past four league meetings against Inter, with one loss and one draw. Apart from last season, when Inter was awarded the Serie A title as the highest-placed team not implicated in the match-fixing scandal, Inter last finished higher than Milan in 2003.

However, Inter is in form - despite sending struggling striker Adriano home to Brazil on Tuesday for a week's break following a seven-month goal drought.

A 2-1 victory over Spartak Moscow in the Champions League and Wednesday's 4-1 rout of Livorno have restored confidence after a run of lackluster results.

"We're on top of the table and we want to stay there,'' Inter defender Fabio Grosso said.

Inter forward Alvaro Recoba will be missing because of a calf injury, but striker Hernan Crespo, who played for AC Milan on loan last season, will return following a pulled hamstring and is expected to start alongside Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"Milan is the team that can't afford to lose on Saturday,'' Crespo said. "That said, it's still a match between title rivals, even though they started with an eight-point penalty.''

Milan has relied upon defenders Marek Jankulovski and Kakha Kaladze for its only two goals in its past three games. Strikers Filippo Inzaghi and Ricardo Oliveira haven't scored in Serie A since the season-opener against Lazio and Alberto Gilardino hasn't scored for the club for six months.

"The forwards are going through a 'no' period. But they will unblock themselves,'' Ancelotti said.

link
HasanHasanly
That cnn article is scary, it seems to be on the side of the merda....
misha
Kaka: Derby worth six points

Kaka has talked up the importance of this weekend’s Milan derby. “This game is worth six points,” declared the Brazilian.

The Rossoneri returned to winning ways in the midweek round, earning a 1-0 win away at Chievo after a series of draws and the shocking defeat to Palermo over the weekend.

“This is a very important match – we are motivated to do well,” said Kaka on Thursday, chatting with his supporters on the club’s website.

“I think this derby is worth six points, seeing as if we win we earn three points and they lose three points as well. We want to do all we can to stop our main rivals.

“We still believe that we can do well in the Serie A and we are also concentrating on the Champions League, because it remains a special title for a football player.

“However, the championship also has its special charm this year,” continued the 24-year-old.

“I must admit that we are not enjoying much luck at the moment – we have created many opportunities in the past few matches and were not able to score.

“I don’t believe that the World Cup influenced our performances, but the fact that we have a match scheduled every three days would cause problems to any team.

“Milan are a winning side, they proved this in the past and I am sure they will prove it again in the future – I have no doubts about this,” concluded Kaka.

The Rossoneri are currently in the bottom half of the Serie A standings due to their eight-point Calciopoli deduction, and 11 points adrift of their neighbours.

Inter are currently sitting on top of the table along with surprise package Palermo, after they both won last night.

Football Italia
Nova
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 25 2006, 11:31 PM)
There are pubs that show the games .. If in Munich, I can get u the name ..

Oh , im afraid there is no escape for me my friend... After the baptism the whole family is going to a restaurant . And god knows when I'll be watching Milan's winning game highlights cry.gif probably at 01.00 at night cry.gif
dst
if we lose our scudetto hopes (if left) are over !! unsure.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 26 2006, 07:59 PM)
if we lose our scudetto hopes (if left) are over !!  unsure.gif

Yep totally agree on that.
arivanjj
any chance of Gourcuff playing!!?? unsure.gif
agenth
maybe. he already started training with the others yesterday
HasanHasanly
Hmm, even if Gourcuff is ready, i don't think we can let him play in this serious game, i think he has lost form because of this injury, and anyways it is better to play Seedorf in these major games.
KillerMax
QUOTE (HasanHasanly @ Oct 27 2006, 03:55 AM)
Hmm, even if Gourcuff is ready, i don't think we can let him play in this serious game, i think he has lost form because of this injury, and anyways it is better to play Seedorf in these major games.

Yep... He just got back... We don't want to risk him or the game... Maybe as a sub? wink.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 26 2006, 08:59 PM)
if we lose our scudetto hopes (if left) are over !!  unsure.gif

Do not say that too loud... you know... rolleyes.gif

And yes, obviously, I agree. cool.gif

Oh my, the match is at the same hour at the Porto x Benfica. So no broadcast down here. Probably 2 hours later... I'll need a stream or something. mad.gif
Darunia
It's great to see Ambrosini and Gourcuff in the squad again, even though they will probably not play against Inter.
agenth
20-MAN SQUAD FOR DERBY
10/27/2006

GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Kalac.

DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Jankulovski, Simic.

MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini; Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf.

STRIKERS: Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira.

smile.gif
mishie
could possibly a change in formation, seen quotes from an italian fan site with carlo saying 4-4-2 could be a possibility. a change might be good to try and take away some of our predicability and hopefully bring some width into the game, we'll see anyway i predict 2-0 pippo and pirlo. about time we see andrea back to his best biggrin.gif
han2503
FIFA: The Classic: AC Milan-Inter Milan

As has been the case every year since 18 October 1908, Milan will soon be engulfed by a tidal wave of football fever surrounding the 'derby de la Madonnina'.

Under the protection of the little gold Madonna who watches over all of her citizens from atop the spire of the Duomo di Milano, city rivals Inter and AC Milan are about to go head to head once again.

These deadly rivals will meet at the San Siro for the 264th edition of the derby, with Inter, last season's champions by default, sitting pretty at the top of Serie A level on points with Palermo. That said, Milan have already made up the eight-point penalty deficit with which they started the season and are now in hot pursuit of their arch-rivals. Looming large over the match will be the shadow of Giacinto Facchetti, the legendary former Inter and Azzurri star who was still chairman of the club when he passed away last month.

Taking all competitions into consideration, AC Milan have the edge on their rivals with 103 victories in 264 derbies, compared to Inter's 88 wins and 72 draws. However, in terms of league games alone, it is Inter who shade it with 50 wins, 44 defeats and 49 draws.

The competition between these two hugely successful clubs is first and foremost a question of pride. It boils down to a culture clash of sorts, as the Football Club Internazionale Milano, informally shortened to 'Inter', was created on 9 March 1908 in the back room of the Milan restaurant L'Orologiaio (The Watchmaker) at the initiative of dissident members of the 'Milan Cricket and Football Club', the forerunner of today's AC Milan.

These members had in fact fallen out with Milan Cricket's management over the issue of opening the club's doors to foreign players at a time when a strict Italians-only rule was in force. Milan's directors decided to keep the club's name in English, but did add the Italian description "Associazone Calcio". Six months later, on 18 October 1908 at Chiasso (Switzerland), Milan won the first-ever derby 2-1.

Initially, this rivalry was essentially divided along class lines, with Inter representing the middle classes and AC Milan the proletariat. These days, however, Milan and Inter both have fans from all social backgrounds and many families are 'split' by their support for the two clubs.

The Baresi Brothers
The most famous example is without doubt that of the Baresi family. The eldest son, Giusseppe Baresi, spent his entire career at Inter, making 392 league and 73 European Cup appearances.

His brother, the rock-solid defender Franco Baresi is a legendary figure among the Milan fraternity, with a total of 470 league and 79 European games to his name. Even today, Giuseppe runs the Nerazzurro youth academy, while Franco is vice-chairman of the Rossoneri.

Throughout the history of this rivalry, only Giuseppe Meazza, the scorer of 283 goals in 408 official matches for Inter, has really succeeded in bridging the gulf between the two communities. For after his death in 1979, the San Siro was renamed in his honour, a tribute to which AC Milan agreed despite the fierce enmity between the two clubs. Having said that, most Milanese still refer to the stadium as the San Siro, the name of the district in which it stands.

With 16 Italian titles, five Italian Cups, six UEFA Champions Leagues/European Champion Clubs' Cups, two UEFA Cup Winners' Cups, three UEFA European Supercups and three Intercontinental Cups, AC Milan's trophy cabinet is better stocked than that of their rivals, who have nevertheless accumulated 14 league titles, four Italian Cups, two European Cups, three Supercups and two Intercontinental Cups.

The impact of Lombardy's football giants on the European game was particularly spectacular in 1994, when Milan won the Champions League and Inter clinched the UEFA Cup, making the Italian fashion capital the only city to have scooped two European trophies in the same season.

The record-holder for most appearances in the Milanese derby is the indefatigable Paolo Maldini with 50 (21 wins, 18 draws and 11 defeats), a tally that will be even more difficult to beat than that of Inter's best representative, Giuseppe Bergomi, who clocked up 44 derbies. In Milan's very own clash of the titans, Inter's chief tormentor has been the Ukrainian Andriy Shevchenko, who found the target 14 times in derby games: eight in the league, three in the cup and three in the Champions League.

The birth of the catenaccio
The history of Inter Milan has been marked by two personalities in particular. Under the chairmanship of Angelo Moratti, father of current chairman Massimo Moratti, Inter experienced its first heyday under the management of the charismatic Helenio Herrera, the man credited with inventing the catenaccio.

In the space of four years, between 1963 and 66, Inter swept the board (three league titles, two European Champion Clubs' Cups, two Intercontinental Cups) by relying on an ultra-defensive style of football. Inter's stars of that era, such as Sandro Mazzola, Mario Corso, Giuliano Sarti, Tarcisio Burgnich, Armando Picchi and Luis Suarez, have entered into Italian football legend in a way that Javier Zanetti and Co. can still only dream of.

AC Milan's first tastes of glory came courtesy of the magical Swedish trio of Gren, Nordahl and Liedholm, known collectively as GRE-NO-LI, ably supported by the Brazilian Jose Altafini and the Uruguayan Juan Schiaffino.

More success soon followed under the inspiration of the great Nereo Rocco, Cesare Maldini (father of Paolo), Giovanni Trapattoni, and then that of the elegant Gianni Rivera, while in more recent times, Dutch golden boys Marco van Basten, Franck Rijkaard and Ruud Gullit hauled Milan to the summit of European football.

Link
agenth
great article!!
i hope we get what we deserve (a win *smile*)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.