Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A and Fans
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Maree
Why is it that each time I watch Serie A on TV, there are so many empty seats around the stadium?! It makes the league look boring as no one bothers watching matches.. then why are there cages around the stadiums, like San Siro?!
dst
QUOTE (Maree @ Oct 24 2006, 05:31 PM)
Why is it that each time I watch Serie A on TV, there are so many empty seats around the stadium?! It makes the league look boring as no one bothers watching matches.. then why are there cages around the stadiums, like San Siro?!

guess the fans are not as passionate as they are in England !! as for the cages ... they are there to allay the mediterranean temperament !! biggrin.gif
Maree
My favorite team from Italy is AC Milan but I do not support them and I dont see how Serie A considered like a league in the top 3 of the world, as many stadiums for the smaller teams (Ascoli, Siena, Catania, even Udinese) are crap and hardly anyone goes to see matches.

I think the best leagues in the world are the Premiership, La Liga and Bundesliga.
dst
stadiums in La Liga are not full also ...

So which team do you support ?
Maree
I am a Bayern fan, but I like AC Milan.

Well whenever I've watched La Liga matches, the stadiums are much fuller and there are more chants and a better atmosphere.

I was watching Udinese - Inter last weekend and even if the game is good, it still makes me feel watch for example even a game like Reading - Watford, because the atmosphere is much better. The Friuli stadium has some weird greenish seats and it was like half full.. Inter playing! Without fans it makes the game seem so boring.
dst
QUOTE (Maree @ Oct 24 2006, 06:07 PM)

How can that be !!? rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Maree @ Oct 24 2006, 06:07 PM)
I was watching Udinese - Inter last weekend and even if the game is good, it still makes me feel watch for example even a game like Reading - Watford, because the atmosphere is much better. The Friuli stadium has some weird greenish seats and it was like half full.. Inter playing! Without fans it makes the game seem so boring.

Yeah I get what you mean ... but I prefer calcio Serie A to EPL ... The atmosphere does it for me too ofcourse but it's more the type of football that's played in Italy that satisfies me !! as for Inter ... well they're not any great club or team for people to feel like going to the stadium to watch them play tongue.gif

Anyway ... welcome !! I gotta go now ... stay "postist" !! smile.gif
Maree
Udinese is a fairly big club and they played in the CL few years ago. Then they play one of the best teams in the league and no one can bother to go watch it live?

Even in the EPL, when they have games like Watford - Sheff Utd, there are lots of fans and the atmosphere is great. Its really a shame, it really puts down the leagues image, imo.
dst
QUOTE (Maree @ Oct 24 2006, 07:07 PM)
it really puts down the leagues image, imo.

I agree but since it's the type of football I prefer I try not to be annoyed by it !!
LaPalma
QUOTE (Maree @ Oct 24 2006, 04:07 PM)

Ugh Bayern München puke.gif I thought no one likes them...
But it's true the stadiums in Serie A a re VERY empty compared to the Bundesliga. I've heard they have no service at the stadium, not a chance to get a beer or something to eat, and that there's not a chance to get a ticket at the stadium...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Oct 25 2006, 12:46 PM)
Ugh Bayern München puke.gif I thought no one likes them...
But it's true the stadiums in Serie A a re VERY empty compared to the Bundesliga. I've heard they have no service at the stadium, not a chance to get a beer or something to eat, and that there's not a chance to get a ticket at the stadium...

Not at the San Siro; there is a bar inside, and a couple of ppl walking around selling drinks and snacks .. Maybe not in other stadiums, but ours has it all biggrin.gif
LaPalma
Fewer and fewer spectators are attending Serie A matches, according to a study conducted by La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The average crowd attendance for a Serie A match has decreased to 19,511 this season, a very worrying figure if compared to the data from 1998, when the average gates were 31,161.

The results of the study may have been affected by the Calciopoli summer scandal and its consequences.

It is no coincidence that the drop has come after Juventus, the team with the largest fan base in Italy, were demoted to the Second Division.

The last time figures were so low was in the 1970s and Italy does not seem to be following the English and Spanish trend, where the number of spectators is increasing.

League officials were hoping that the Nazionale’s triumph in Germany’s World Cup would have boosted the fans’ enthusiasm.

But increased levels of violence at matches, the poor quality of the stadiums and the excellent television coverage in Italy have all contributed to fans staying away.

Furthermore, this season’s Serie B hosts a number of strong sides – unsurprisingly the Second Division attendance figures have jumped 20.3%.

Source: Football Italia
Jack Sparrow
and the excellent television coverage in Italy have all contributed to fans staying away.

There you go laugh.gif
Maree
Ahaa.. would they all agree with me lol, watching Serie A on TV is boring? biggrin.gif

What is the thing most people have against Bayern Munchen? Can someone explain this?
Jack Sparrow
I guess coz they are Germany's best club for long years running, but have nothing else to show for it on the European stage.
dst
QUOTE (Maree @ Oct 25 2006, 09:17 PM)
Ahaa.. would they all agree with me lol, watching Serie A on TV is boring? biggrin.gif

It's not boring ... if you own a comfortable couch and have beer and pizza ofcourse !! biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Maree @ Oct 25 2006, 09:17 PM)
What is the thing most people have against Bayern Munchen? Can someone explain this?

I don't know ... that is not the case over here ... but LaPalma says in Germany you're either a Bayern fan or a Bayern hater .. I wouldn't know !!

I still can't believe that a Bayern fan likes AC Milan ... tongue.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Maree @ Oct 25 2006, 07:17 PM)

Hmm, as dst said, here in Germany you either like them or hate them, no one says "Oh, they're OK" The thing you have to hate about them is, that they go around and buy every good player in the Bundesliga, and no one likes that! Here are some examples of players they all bought and weakened other Bundesliga teams with that transfers (that's why they always win the Bundesliga biggrin.gif ): Ballack, Ze Roberto, van Buyten, Ismael, Podolski, Effenberg, Deisler, Salihamidzic, Kahn, Scholl, Lucio, Linke, Basler....this liost could go on like all the day...this is why no one likes them tongue.gif
Maree
Well arent they aloud to? Why is it that you hate teams if theyre succesful? Werder Bremen and Schalke are teams that have been doing well in the Bundesliga in the past years, but they havent bought really any players from the Bundesliga..

I am a Bayern fan, but I aint a hardcore fan who sees all their matches. I just like the playing style Rossoneri plays and I follow them.
LaPalma
QUOTE (Maree @ Oct 26 2006, 09:36 AM)
Well arent they aloud to? Why is it that you hate teams if theyre succesful? Werder Bremen and Schalke are teams that have been doing well in the Bundesliga in the past years, but they havent bought really any players from the Bundesliga..

I am a Bayern fan, but I aint a hardcore fan who sees all their matches. I just like the playing style Rossoneri plays and I follow them.

Schalke? They bought like every player from the Bundesliga: Kristajic, Bordon, Rost, Ailton, Kuranyi, Lincoln....
Werder Bremen is a lot better, they have a good youth programm, and I like their transfer policy, and they play good football...
Maree
Yeah true, I forgot about them. Why doesnt no on hate them? :S

Well yeah, Bremen has a few players bought also from other teams within the Bundesliga: Wiese, Klose, Frings, Vranjes, Mertesacker..
LaPalma
QUOTE (Maree @ Oct 26 2006, 07:25 PM)
Well yeah, Bremen has a few players bought also from other teams within the Bundesliga: Wiese, Klose, Frings, Vranjes, Mertesacker..

Vranjes is a zero, Bremen bought Frings from the third divison when he was only 19, Klose was also a zero when he came, he wouldn't be the striker that he is without Bremen, Wiese played for Kaiserslautern and was clearly to good for such a team and Mertesacker wanted to play Champions League...
Oh and people also hate Schalke...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.