Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Benfica: Rui Costa In Shock
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
dst
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04/10/2006 13.28

Benfica’s veteran playmaker Rui Manoel Costa has been reported to be in a state of shock by Portuguese daily ‘Record’ after finding out that the slight injury he suffered against Boavista three weeks ago has worsened.

“How could this be? How could this be? How could this be?” the number 10 repeated after finding out what was supposed to be a simple oedema – also known as dropsy or hydropsy; a swelling of tissue due to a build-up of excess lymph fluid – has complicated.

The Encarnado medical department hasn’t clarified the exact nature or extent of the worsened injury, but preliminary reports speak of at least a month in dry dock. The events have cast doubt on the competence of Benfica’s medical services.

Rui Costa never had a problem like this during 12 years in Italy and is shocked and revolted by the development. The player had made clear his desire to play in the Boavista match despite still feeling some pain, and the medical department had given him the all-clear.

With Manuel Fernandes (Portsmouth) having only overcome his own nagging injury problems by recurring to the Portugal selecção medics, the Rui Costa incident has confirmed that there’s something unwell in the Encarnado medical services – and it’s not just the players.

Aaron Marcus

Goal
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Sparrow
Darn....u think Milanello will extend free treatment?
LaPalma
Stupid doctors....
Portman
Benfica fans are trying to kick all the doctors and physios out of the club. All they want is an NEW staff. They're tired of all this stupid situation.

It's unbelievable how a CL club like them keep the best players always injuried. Simão, M.Fernandes, Nelson, Miccoli... now Rui Costa. mad.gif

Unacceptable.
mishie
QUOTE (Portugal @ Oct 4 2006, 05:12 PM)
Benfica fans are trying to kick all the doctors and physios out of the club. All they want is an NEW staff. They're tired of all this stupid situation.

It's unbelievable how a CL club like them keep the best players always injuried. Simão, M.Fernandes, Nelson, Miccoli... now Rui Costa.  mad.gif

Unacceptable.

totally agree it's shocking that a club that size and statue have incompetant medical staff looking after multi-million pound players ohmy.gif
dst
Eriksson linked with Benfica !?!!!? please Portugal do something, even plant a bomb if it's needed ... just do not allow to that guy to coach a team anymore !!!!!!!!
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 6 2006, 07:34 PM)
Eriksson linked with Benfica !?!!!? please Portugal do something, even plant a bomb if it's needed ... just do not allow to that guy to coach a team anymore !!!!!!!!

He's obviously not going to coach Benfica (again).

Benfica is in elections but that candidate won't get even 5%. Vieira, who's the president at the moment will win without a doubt.

That was just an idiot from outside of Portugal trying to get the votes. He's going nowhere.
dst
I'm glad to know that !!!
golfaspeed
This topic should be in the players forum too.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (golfaspeed @ Oct 20 2006, 04:21 AM)

I think the players thread is mainly for Milan's current players .. not past players smile.gif
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 20 2006, 03:34 AM)
I think the players thread is mainly for Milan's current players .. not past players  smile.gif

Players
"Past or present AC Milan players"
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 20 2006, 05:18 AM)
Players
"Past or present AC Milan players"

Thats what I think, but one of the mods moved the Sheva thread down here, so go figure smile.gif
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 20 2006, 04:46 AM)
Thats what I think, but one of the mods moved the Sheva thread down here, so go figure smile.gif

He (Nova) said that "That traitor is an exception"
sad.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 20 2006, 05:57 AM)
He (Nova) said that "That traitor is an exception"
sad.gif

Well .. Here or there it doesnt matter .. As long as there is a thread for each of our players (present AND past) .. I'm satisfied smile.gif
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 20 2006, 05:00 AM)
Well .. Here or there it doesnt matter .. As long as there is a thread for each of our players (present AND past) .. I'm satisfied smile.gif

It's matter a bit. A little respect would be nice
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 20 2006, 06:04 AM)
A little respect would be nice

True king.gif
dst
QUOTE (golfaspeed @ Oct 20 2006, 04:21 AM)

I thought of this as a Benfica issue ...
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 20 2006, 02:19 PM)
I thought of this as a Benfica issue ...

No, it's a Rui issue, and he's done a lot of for us in the past, and didn't betray us like some other guys rolleyes.gif He deserves it, but it's not my decision...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.