Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sheva
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mallamkay
When Sheva left for Chelsea, my heart was broken being his fan for a long time. But now, I think he has the broken heart. Why has he not been scoring? Chelsea lost the matches in which he scored, he became too desperate as to start taking the free-kicks. Do you think he might have started regreting leaving Milan?
novfan
QUOTE (mallamkay @ Sep 14 2006, 07:48 PM)
When Sheva left for Chelsea, my heart was broken being his fan for a long time. But now, I think he has the broken heart. Why has he not been scoring? Chelsea lost the matches in which he scored, he became too desperate as to start taking the free-kicks. Do you think he might have started regreting leaving Milan?

Totally!!!
He's struggling to find himself at Chelsea and the fans have yet to embrace him. He has to be regretting his decision.

sad...but he did it to himself...man he was dumb to leave.
KillerMax
I think he will score no more than 10 goals in all competitions for Chelsea this season and well, both Chelsea and Sheva will get a nice *** burn and then we will all have a good laugh while we enjoy our new signings Gourcuff and Oliveira kick major ***! devil.gif smile.gif
Zed.D
he will regret that's for sure.
I somehow think he was FORCED to leave Milan! Milan diretors knew what would happen if they don't pay cash to get rid of relegating so they sold him. am i wrong?!!
because we all knew him well for seven years and it looked impossible for him to leave us...
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Sep 14 2006, 08:29 PM)
he will regret that's for sure.
I somehow think he was FORCED to leave Milan! Milan diretors knew what would happen if they don't pay cash to get rid of relegating so they sold him. am i wrong?!!
because we all knew him well for seven years and it looked impossible for him to leave us...

Oh come on. Where did you get that idea from????

Milan FORCED Sheva out so we can pay off Guido Rossi an INTERISTA???????

Maybe that would happen in some sort of TV show, but come on!!!! Are you really serious???

Sheva just admitted that Roman had been tapping him up to leave and join Chelsea for years, and I'm sure MONEY and his WIFE had something to do with his move.

You've got to understand, football players have a short carrier span, you've got to make as much as you possibly can in that short time and that's what Sheva is doing.

I'm sure he isn't even regretting it. He might not be scoring goals, but what does he care? He has won the scudetto and the CL, if the premiership is added to that list good but other then that I'm sure he isn't that hungry to win anymore. He just went there to retire in merry old London and play golf with his pals. He is living the good life there, I don't know why he would be regretting his move.
Portman
Now... who cares about the english student?
He decided to end his career like that... good for him.

Regret? Nah... some russian $$$ will calm him down.

I'm proud of our attacking players.
han2503
QUOTE (Portugal @ Sep 14 2006, 08:43 PM)
Now... who cares about the english student?
He decided to end his career like that... good for him.

Regret? Nah... some russian $$$ will calm him down.

I'm proud of our attacking players.

Great post. He made his choice I'm pretty sure he ain't regretting it.
misha
QUOTE (mallamkay @ Sep 14 2006, 10:48 PM)
I think he has the broken heart. Why has he not been scoring? Chelsea lost the matches in which he scored, he became too desperate as to start taking the free-kicks. Do you think he might have started regreting leaving Milan?

You are talking like we are in the middle of the season. It's only September ,the season just started and He ,like every player, need some time to settle in the club and to english style.

Don't you remember him taking some free kicks here? Maybe the goal against Lazio reminds you something.

Regreting leaving Milan? We'll see at the end of the season.
han2503
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 14 2006, 09:00 PM)
You are talking like we are in the middle of the season. It's only September ,the season just started and He ,like every player, need some time to settle in the club and to english style.

You're right, but I think he will find it harder to adapt and I think he will take a lot of time before he settles their, first of all English football is very different to Itailan football, serie A might be more defensive and harder for a striker to adapt but the premiership is much more physical and I don't think it suits him, players like Drogba for example are made for the premiership.

And secondly, it's not just English football he has to adapt to, it's Chelsea's style also, at Milan we play the ball more through the centre and we like to keep the ball on the ground. Chelsea use the wings and make crosses to their strikers from there, and that's why I think that he will find it really hard to adapt
X-Offender
I don't think he's regreting it for all the reasons han wrote above. But I'm pretty sure he misses Italy deeply. He misses his old pals, italian football and Milanello. Too bad he went away, could have become a legend here. Anyway, I don't care anymore cause I think we have a great striker in Oliveira. I wish good luck to Sheva and that's it.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 14 2006, 09:22 PM)
I don't think he's regreting it for all the reasons han wrote above. But I'm pretty sure he misses Italy deeply. He misses his old pals, italian football and Milanello. Too bad he went away, could have become a legend here. Anyway, I don't care anymore cause I think we have a great striker in Oliveira. I wish good luck to Sheva and that's it.

Totally right. I don't care anymore about what he does (although the childish part of me want him to fail miserably at Chelsea, but hey what can I do about it? rolleyes.gif ) But still he has done a lot for Milan, so I wish him good luck for his future, I hope his kid is born healthy. But nothing more nothing less.
misha
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 15 2006, 12:10 AM)
You're right, but I think he will find it harder to adapt and I think he will take a lot of time before he settles their, first of all English football is very different to Itailan football, serie A might be more defensive and harder for a striker to adapt but the premiership is much more physical and I don't think it suits him, players like Drogba for example are made for the premiership.

And secondly, it's not just English football he has to adapt to, it's Chelsea's style also, at Milan we play the ball more through the centre and we like to keep the ball on the ground. Chelsea use the wings and make crosses to their strikers from there, and that's why I think that he will find it really hard to adapt

After 7 years in Italy of course it will take some time but he is a very smart player and I know he can and will succed. Player like him can play everywhere.

Of course. It's part of it. The players around him also must know his moves better and that don't happen overnight.

Don't forget he moved to new city ,his wife is pregnant and he has a lot on his mind.
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 14 2006, 11:40 PM)
I'm sure he isn't even regretting it. He might not be scoring goals, but what does he care? He has won the scudetto and the CL, if the premiership is added to that list good but other then that I'm sure he isn't that hungry to win anymore. He just went there to retire in merry old London and play golf with his pals. He is living the good life there, I don't know why he would be regretting his move.

Come on. He is no like that at all. He has pride ,he wants to do well and to prove that he can make it in the EPL. Sheva is always hungry to win.
I'm surprised you wrote this stuff sad.gif

To all: No matter what you believe his reasons were you got to respect him for 7 great years that he has given to us. You respect more than him players that played here much less time and contribute not even close to what he did. People write negative things about him because they are still angry or need more time to get over .
han2503
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 14 2006, 09:37 PM)
Come on. He is no like that at all. He has pride ,he wants to do well and to prove that he can make it in the EPL. Sheva is always hungry to win.
I'm surprised you wrote this stuff  sad.gif

I know it's sad to say that, but that's how I feel. The way he laft just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and I can never look at him like I did before he left.

QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 14 2006, 09:37 PM)
To all: No matter what you believe his reasons were you got to respect him for 7 great years that he has given to us. You respect more than him players that played here much less time and contribute not even close to what he did. People write negative things about him because they are still angry or need more time to get over .

I'm sure no one will forget what he has done for Milan. This is what I posted in the post above yours.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 14 2006, 09:32 PM)
Totally right. I don't care anymore about what he does (although the childish part of me want him to fail miserably at Chelsea, but hey what can I do about it? rolleyes.gif  ) But still he has done a lot for Milan, so I wish him good luck for his future, I hope his kid is born healthy. But nothing more nothing less.

I still have the utmost respect for him as a GREAT PLAYER that has done nothing but wonders at Milan. But as I said before I don't appreciate the way in which he left. You can call me childish for the way I feel about him, but that is how I feel.
dst
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 15 2006, 12:37 AM)

I don't like liars ... and enough of the 'he did a lot for Milan' crap ... and what did Milan do for him??? Milan made him a champion!!!!! Maybe you'll say that he would have become a champion somewhere else and I'll tell you that we could have looked elsewhere too!!!!

He did not respect what Milan offered to him (by lying, not leaving) so I'm not going to respect what he offered to us, period!!
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 15 2006, 12:57 AM)
He did not respect what Milan offered to him (by lying, not leaving) so I'm not going to respect what he offered to us, period!!

You don't know all the facts behind his departure. Is this so difficult to believe that he did it for his family. Yes he "traded" Milan for his family happiness.
han2503
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 14 2006, 10:05 PM)
You don't know all the facts behind his departure. Is this so difficult to believe that he did it for his family. Yes he "traded" Milan for his family happiness.

Come on, For his family happiness?? Do you really think that his family was miserable living in Milan? Where they miserable driving the Ferrari around the cathedrals and the Piazzas? Where they miserable having dinner dates with Giorgio Armani and Roberto Cavalli? Was he miserable having a legeon of fans who treated him as if he was a god and would kiss his feet if he asked them to? Where they miserable having one of the most powerful men in Italy handing them everything they wanted on a silver platter? If they where miserable living that sort of life, then I can't even begin to imagine how people who sleep on the streets and don't have anything to eat but the food they find in the trash feel.

Damn Sheva was living a very hard life. I feel sorry for him.
dst
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 15 2006, 01:05 AM)

well this is the last thing I reply to this thread cause I simply couldn't care less about that b1tch!!!!

I've said it a million times before (just did it again in my last post) but obviously it is not enough: I don't give a damn why he left He Fackin' Lied To Us Like The Worst Motherf@cker of Them All ... and that I don't forgive people for!!!
misha
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 15 2006, 01:20 AM)
Come on, For his family happiness?? Do you really think that his family was miserable living in Milan? Where they miserable driving the Ferrari around the cathedrals and the Piazzas? Where they miserable having dinner dates with Giorgio Armani and Roberto Cavalli? Was he miserable having a legeon of fans who treated him as if he was a god and would kiss his feet if he asked them to? Where they miserable having one of the most powerful men in Italy handing them everything they wanted on a silver platter? If they where miserable living that sort of life, then I can't even begin to imagine how people who sleep on the streets and don't have anything to eat but the food they find in the trash feel.

Damn Sheva was living a very hard life. I feel sorry for him.

I never said that their life was hard. When you married you need to consider what is best for your wife and children and it's hard to communicate with your wife when you don't speak the same language. And she must have put pressure on him to move + you must think about your kids
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 15 2006, 01:21 AM)
I've said it a million times before (just did it again in my last post) but obviously it is not enough: I don't give a damn why he left He Fackin' Lied To Us Like The Worst Motherf@cker of Them All ... and that I don't forgive people for!!!

Well ,I don't think he lied about anything bit it's just my humble opinion
KillerMax
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 14 2006, 05:14 PM)

Ancelotti just recently revealed that Sheva wante to leave long before he anounced it and that he could have handled it much better without all the lies. Once I heard that I realized how naive I was to believe him in the first place.
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 14 2006, 11:14 PM)

Yes. He lied. I'm with dst with that.

He could have been the first one to say "I'm going England" but no... he kept saying "No, I'll stay"... and was Don Silvio the first one who said "Did you know he wants England?".

For me, that's enough.
Oh, and he can continue to kiss his Chel$ea shirt how many times he want. Specially when his little team loses.
gr33k
I don't condone what he did to us fans with all the lies and deceit but somehow as one of my favourite players I cannot help but to root for him. I do not want Chelsea to do well as a team but that does not mean that I won't cheer for Sheva. Look the lies hurt but he made his choice, he decided to leave and we all have to live with that decision. I hope if not this year that next year he finds his place and leads the EPL in scoring because he is a classy guy and one of the best strikers in the world and there is no denying that.
mpok
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 14 2006, 05:32 PM)
Totally right. I don't care anymore about what he does (although the childish part of me want him to fail miserably at Chelsea, but hey what can I do about it? rolleyes.gif  ) But still he has done a lot for Milan, so I wish him good luck for his future, I hope his kid is born healthy. But nothing more nothing less.

WHY? WHY? WHY? Why are all of you talking as if he betrayed Milan and so many people on this forum turned against him. Sheva is GREAT he will always be GREAT. He was GREAT for us for all this year and i hope he'll do just fine with Chelsea. I watch him play for Dynamo growing up in Ukraine and he was GREAT and i think he will retire with Dynamo in few years.

Players come and go but MILAN is still GREAT.
pacang
Sheva's good striker.. we must admit that.. because of what he did for the past seven years..

Definitely agree with han, at Milan he netted lots of goals because of the through balls he got from midfielders.. At Chelsea, Joe Cole will cross and try to find him but will Robben do the same? Lampard will prefer direct shot rather than passing to his strikers.. but he still have Ballack to rely on..

Yes he scored free kicks at milan, but at chelsea, he's gonna wait in line.. Lampard and Ballack comes first..

will he become one of the best striker at Chelsea?
..we just have to wait and see..
Jack Sparrow
Well the issue is definitely that he lied and not that he left...when u leave your club honestly u never go down in ur fan's eyes in reputation as a person(Ballack still keeps his fans, even the Bayern fans who boo the cr@p out of him are gonna howl like mad the moment he puts on that national jersey)...I think there's little doubt he could have handled it better...

AND this is my LAST word on the subject...we are flogging a dead horse when we bring him up, I already pushed him out off my fifa 06 team wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 15 2006, 05:09 PM)
Well the issue is definitely that he lied and not that he left...when u leave your club honestly u never go down in ur fan's eyes in reputation as a person(Ballack still keeps his fans, even the Bayern fans who boo the cr@p out of him are gonna howl like mad the moment he puts on that national jersey)...I think there's little doubt he could have handled it better...
AND this is my  LAST word on the subject...we are flogging a dead horse when we bring him up, I already pushed him out off my fifa 06 team wink.gif

Yep me too, I replaced him with Oliveira. And guess what? My team is still flying high without him
GULLIVER
Unhappy, of course unhappy. At least in his job place smile.gif ( Chelsea ) . I really don't know about the relationship between him and his wife biggrin.gif
misha
AC Milan boss wants cut-price Shevchenko return

Carlo Ancelotti has made a cheeky offer to re-sign Andriy Shevchenko

The Ukrainian superstar is still struggling to find his best form in the Premiership following a £30m summer move from AC Milan.

Asked about his former player at a press conference, Ancelotti said: "If Shevchenko wanted to return, we would have him back.

"But not for 45 million Euros!"

The AC Milan coach added: "We want to do well in the next games in order to make our mark in the league and Champions League.

"But, for the moment, we have done nothing.

"We have only demonstrated that we are competitive and the new players are valid acquisitions for this squad."
link
amancik
I don't consider Sheva as a traitor but somehow I don't want to see him back here anymore ... weird feeling unsure.gif
novfan
QUOTE (mpok @ Sep 15 2006, 07:06 AM)
WHY? WHY? WHY? Why are all of you talking as if he betrayed Milan and so many people on this forum turned against him. Sheva is GREAT he will always be GREAT. He was GREAT for us for all this year and i hope he'll do just fine with Chelsea. I watch him play for Dynamo growing up in Ukraine and he was GREAT and i think he will retire with Dynamo in few years.

Players come and go but MILAN is still GREAT.

Amen brother.
mallamkay
i hope he starts scoring. praying for him. always wished he was still with us, but we might not have bought Oliviera biggrin.gif
misha
Mourinho backs Sheva

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has assured out of sorts Ukrainian striker Andriy Shevchenko that his place in the Chelsea time is safe. The 29 year-old striker has found the net just once in six league games since making a club record £31 million move from AC Milan in the summer.

"The goals will come. He knows I trust him. He doesn't have that pressure that the sword is waiting and if you don't score a goal you are out of the team,” Mourinho said.

"He will score goals. He is such a top player in the world he has nothing to prove.

"If he is one, two or three months without scoring goals he is still one of the best strikers in the world."

Shevchenko has been largely outperformed by a rejuvenated Didier Drogba thus far, who has seemed to revel in having a natural striker to play alongside.

Mourinho is set to name the Ukrainian in his starting eleven again when his side takes on Levski Sofia in a Champions League group fixture on Wednesday, and insisted his all-round game in the 2-0 defeat of Fulham at the weekend had been impressive.

“I know strikers ... they live for goals. Their happiness is more about scoring goals, but he gave me a big contribution at Fulham,” said the Portuguese boss.

"In the second half, he had a big responsibility for the way we broke down the defensive strategy of Fulham.”

"He knows he didn't score a goal but he plays on Wednesday, because I'm happy with the contribution he gave us.''

Eurosport
KillerMax
That ^ doesn't sound like Murinho... Wait a second... That's Abramovich talking!!!!!
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 26 2006, 12:14 AM)
That's Abramovich talking!!!!!

rolleyes.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 25 2006, 03:16 PM)
rolleyes.gif

?
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Sep 26 2006, 01:30 AM)
?

nothing ... I agree !!! smile.gif
Nova
Since the english student is not a milan player anymore , i'll move this topic.
Rossoneri7
Well it certainly doesnt seem like the Shevchenko I knew !!! The one I knew keeps every single defence on their toes, if not he lets the keeper hang below an extremelly powerful screamer .. And he was consistent with us from day one devil.gif

I guess he lost motivation .. Moreover, he lost us wink.gif

I know that by now he's probablly remenicing on his days @ Milan ..

P.s., As an ex-Sheva fan, I know he will score .. Dont want to be too sure and say the highest scorer of the premiership 06-07, but he'll around there ... soon smile.gif
dst
QUOTE (Nova @ Sep 26 2006, 02:19 AM)

right smile.gif
misha
QUOTE (Nova @ Sep 26 2006, 02:19 AM)

"Players" -
"Past or present AC Milan players"
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 26 2006, 02:33 AM)
"Players" -
"Past or present AC Milan players"

Not to mention still is the 2nd highest scorer .. king.gif

Although I strongly suggest for him to go f@uck himself cool.gif
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 26 2006, 02:36 AM)

You write this every time
He has a wife for that smile.gif
amancik
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 26 2006, 12:36 AM)
Not to mention still is the 2nd highest scorer ..  king.gif

owh come on man, chill, don't need to say that cuz he's already suffering over there ...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 26 2006, 02:39 AM)
You write this every time

Dont you think it would be great for my new sig biggrin.gif

Unless .. I would be offending his wife ?! Who obviouslly offended me .. unsure.gif .. am I making sence huh.gif
dst
QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 26 2006, 02:40 AM)
owh come on man, chill, don't need to say that cuz he's already suffering over there ...

... because english is hard to learn ??? rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 26 2006, 02:41 AM)
Dont you think it would be great for my new sig  biggrin.gif

No ... it's just too much for a b1tch like that !!
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 26 2006, 02:41 AM)
Dont you think it would be great for my new sig  biggrin.gif

Unless .. I would be offending his wife ?! Who obviouslly offended me .. unsure.gif .. am I making sence  huh.gif

No smile.gif
I remember, at first you used to defend him.
I hate when people insulting him.
amancik
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 26 2006, 12:43 AM)
... because english is hard to learn ???  rolleyes.gif

english is the easiest language to learn, isn't it?
I dunnow, maybe he is having a hard time learning english than settling his life

I think deep in his heart, he felt he should've stayed ...
dst
QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 26 2006, 02:53 AM)

Ohh ... poor boy !! rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 26 2006, 02:46 AM)
No smile.gif
I remember, at first you used to defend him.
I hate when people insulting him.

I still do defend his past and I would challenge anyone to deny this !!!

I used to defend him when he left, yes thats true .. But the fact of the matter is he kissed that blue shirt .. Then when he came to talk about it in a news conference, when Abramovic simply dictated for him what to say .. That just did it for me ..

Plus .. He isnt even worth our time .. Yeah I do admire his past, as all of us do !! But he just upped and left !!! For english, french, spanish .. For his son, his wife, the money .. What good is it for me to just sit here and say he did this and he did that, when he cant do it anymore ??!!!!!!! I'm not his lawyer !!!

I was his fan, once apon a time .. unsure.gif .. the end.

I admire ur stance w/ Shevchenko, I dont mean to argue with u on this because I totally understand u (and anyone who is still fond of Shevchenko) .. But I just gave up on him ..

I think Milan is bigger than Shevchenko and Milan well what can I say .. tu sei tutta la mia vita .. But Shevchenko can go f@ck himself all over again again and again .. That's for all I care biggrin.gif
amancik
QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 26 2006, 12:53 AM)
english is the easiest language to learn, isn't it? 
I dunnow, maybe he is having a hard time learning english than settling his life

QUOTE (dst @ Sep 26 2006, 12:57 AM)
Ohh ... poor boy !!  rolleyes.gif

but then again, even most milan fans bash him for leaving Milan which I don't think was his 100% decision ... his wife played the biggest part (I can't say family bcoz he only had a baby) ...

you guys really disgust him, don't you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.