Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kaka praises Gourcuff
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
han2503
Kaka praises Gourcuff

Kaka has praised Yoann Gourcuff after the French youngster made a scoring start to his Milan career.

The French starlet netted against AEK Athens on Wednesday, when Milan dominated the Greeks 3-0 in their opening Group H match at the San Siro.

“Gourcuff is talented and intelligent – tonight we really enjoyed ourselves out there,” said Kaka (pictured) after the match.

“With these kind of players we can start a new cycle, this is exactly the attitude we need if we want this to be a great season,” continued the Brazilian international, who was also on target after converting a penalty.

“The arrival of these new players is very important for us, the Champions League is a special tournament for every one of us, but this year the championship is also interesting and the eight-point deduction is stimulating.

“AEK had a few chances before we scored the first goal, but we are all feeling well and are slowly finding our best physical condition – I trust we can do well.”

New signing Ricardo Oliveira was handed his first start for the Rossoneri after Carlo Ancelotti decided to leave Alberto Gilardino on the bench and the striker repaid the Coach for his trust.

“This is a high-quality squad, it’s nice to play with teammates like this,” said the former Betis man.

“It’s hard to lose when you have players like Kaka on your side, and the final result could have been even more severe,” added Oliveira, who was substituted for Clarence Seedorf in the closing stages.

“We won a very important match, as this wasn’t an easy game. Our physical conditions can only improve.

“But I will be on top form by the end of the week, and this year I can play well and score many goals.”

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani was radiant after the win and dismissed rumours suggesting Gilardino’s disappointment for not being part of the match.

“We played an excellent game, we couldn’t have started better,” said the club official to Sky Italia.

“Gilardino will play on Sunday, this is all planned. We have 24 good players on our side so the Coach is forced to choose every time, but our men know when their turn will come.

“We have an intense schedule ahead of us, with a match every three days, so everyone will have a chance to play. If we concentrate I think we can do very well.”

The Rossoneri now lead Group H, after the match between Anderlecht and Lille ended with a 1-1 draw.
I_Rossoneri
I reckon Gourcuff can become almost as big a star as Kaka devilsmiley.gif
redbabies
When Milan signed him I was afraid that he'll be KAKAs sub, but last night I realised that they can play together and play very WELL together (coz even Ballack and Lampard are playing together, but are they playing well? NO).
My prediction: This season Seedorf will have much more apperances on the bench. rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (redbabies @ Sep 14 2006, 10:09 AM)
When Milan signed him I was afraid that he'll be KAKAs sub, but last night I realised that they can play together and play very WELL together (coz even Ballack and Lampard are playing together, but are they playing well? NO).
My prediction: This season Seedorf will have much more apperances on the bench. rolleyes.gif

I think that he can play in any position of our midfield, that's why I think he might have been the most important signing for uc, even more important than Oli-Gol.

I don't think he will take Seedorf's place that easily though, first of all he is way too young and inexperianced to become a starter just now and secondly Seedorf is a Carlo favourite, I don't really see him losing his place in the starting 11, at least not yet and especially now when he has started the season in remarkable form.

But if either him, Pirlo or Kaka need to be rested, he will fill their positions very weel
redbabies
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 14 2006, 11:17 AM)
I think that he can play in any position of our midfield, that's why I think he might have been the most important signing for uc, even more important than Oli-Gol.

I don't think he will take Seedorf's place that easily though, first of all he is way too young and inexperianced to become a starter just now and secondly Seedorf is a Carlo favourite, I don't really see him losing his place in the starting 11, at least not yet and especially now when he has started the season in remarkable form.

But if either him, Pirlo or Kaka need to be rested, he will fill their positions very weel

No I didn't say he will take Seedorf's place, but comparing to last years I think Seedorf will play less - thats the point I wanted to make. Yes I agree that he will be the super-sub for 3 of our first choice midfielders (except Gattuso)
Milan Are Brilliant
He didn't look bad, but way too early to tell yet...
KillerMax
Gourcuff will make it. He will become a very important player for us.
mallamkay
we have the right midfield. hope Gila also scores more.
dst
QUOTE (redbabies @ Sep 14 2006, 01:09 PM)

our number 10 has really been cursed as of late!!! unsure.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.