Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reports in Spain - Adriano-Ronaldo swap
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Portman
Reports - Adriano-Ronaldo swap 

Wednesday 30 August, 2006

Spanish radio stations have announced that Inter have agreed to send Adriano to Real Madrid in exchange for Ronaldo.

Cadena Ser reported this evening that a deal has been struck between the Nerazzurri and Real, but that the only remaining issue to be worked out is Julio Baptista’s switch to Arsenal for Jose Antonio Reyes to free up a non-EC status place in Fabio Capello’s side.

The transfer window closes on Thursday evening and a flurry of activity is expected in Serie A, possibly including the shock return of Il Fenomeno.

Ronaldo, who left San Siro in a cloud of controversy in 2002, admitted this week that he had received offers from both Milan and Inter.

“I honestly don’t know what jersey I will wear next year, football players are always the last to know what is happening,” said Ronaldo in Monaco yesterday, where he was awarded the 2006 Golden Foot award.

“I do not know what my destiny will be and in any case I could not confirm anything before details are finalised,” added the Seleçao star.

“Inter have made it clear that they are interested in me and it’s always nice for me to think back to the time I spent there. I have been speaking to Massimo Moratti very often, but at the time being I cannot promise him that I will not go to Milan. In any case, I am very proud of the fact that two sides from the same city are both keen on signing me.”

Inter also commented over the past 24 hours that they have no intention of releasing Adriano, despite his angry reaction to a substitution in the 4-3 Italian Super Cup victory over Roma.

“I think that Moratti has always said what he thinks of Adriano, in many different ways,” noted Roberto Mancini.

“And the team, all his Coaches and the fans have always done the same. We all agree that we must have faith in Adriano.”

If Inter wants to do something in Italy and Europe... this would be a really really bad thing for them.

Adriano is younger and has potential. Ronaldo... is fat, needs 1 or 2 months of training to get fit, and... he's 30.
m1ke
QUOTE (Portugal @ Aug 30 2006, 09:59 PM)
If Inter wants to do something in Italy and Europe... this would be a really really bad thing for them.

Adriano is younger and has potential. Ronaldo... is fat, needs 1 or 2 months of training to get fit, and... he's 30.

Wouldn't that make this excellent news then? biggrin.gif
KillerMax
Actually, although I agree with Portugal's comments about Ronaldo being fat and 30, I still think he would score more than Adriano if he came.
Portman
QUOTE (m1ke @ Aug 30 2006, 10:11 PM)
Wouldn't that make this excellent news then? biggrin.gif

I'm waiting for confirmation... I doubt, but this last day will be LONGGGGGG... smile.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Aug 30 2006, 10:16 PM)
Actually, although I agree with Portugal's comments about Ronaldo being fat and 30, I still think he would score more than Adriano if he came.

Right now, it's sad to admit...Ronaldo is definetely the better striker. Although Adriano isn't as fat as him, he's as lazy on the field as Ronaldo...
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Aug 31 2006, 01:16 AM)

I agree ... Adriano will have one more bad season IMO!!!
Costacurta
I must admit this would seem to be the most ridiculous proposal in a long time, but obviously Moronatti is obsessed with Ronaldo. The main point is that, they might both be lazy, they might both be good finishers, but, Adriano i s much much younger. Ronaldo will be on the scrapheap in 2 years, Adriano prob not for another 10. If I was Capello, I'd bite Moronatti's hand off.
GULLIVER
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 31 2006, 03:27 PM)
I agree ... Adriano will have one more bad season IMO!!!

I think he'll have more then one bad season
Portman
As the transfer wasn't done Adriano will have a poor season. rolleyes.gif

I think this swap will be done soon. Next Summer, I mean.
KillerMax
They are saying that Ronaldo is in Milan now finalising details with Inter.

Ronaldo, crespo, Adriano, Ibrahimovic, Cruz and Recoba! WOAH!!!

This is ridiculous. I can see Inter failing miserebly this season...
Portman
No pKiller. They had not reach a deal.

So Inter will stay with: Adriano, Ibrahimovic, Crespo, Cruz and Recoba.

Very good attack. Better? Only the R.Madrid one: Ronaldo, Raul, Van Nistelrooy, Robinho, Cassano, Reyes. This is not an attack. This is an army.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portugal @ Sep 1 2006, 01:17 PM)

Very good attack. Better? Only the R.Madrid one: Ronaldo, Raul, Van Nistelrooy, Robinho, Cassano, Reyes. This is not an attack. This is an army.

True .. rolleyes.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Portugal @ Sep 1 2006, 04:17 AM)

I'm not worried about Inter, but Real... That attack is just ... freak.gif

Too bad for them though, cause I don't think Capello can release their full potential! I think Capello will ruin everything Real stand for, attacking football!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.