Representatives of Inter Milan striker Obafemi Martins will move to assure Newcastle United of the Nigerian's age this week.
The Journal says Martins - whose passport shows his date of birth to be October 28, 1984 - was forced to defend his reputation last summer after the Nigerian Football Association's official website insisted he had been born on May 1, 1978.
It was a situation that was pounced upon by an unforgiving Italian media and even now, 12 months after Martins believed he had cleared his name, he continues to be troubled by the matter.
It was not the first time the African nation's governing body published erroneous information that has had serious consequences for one of the Super Eagles' biggest names. And although a player branded a cheat had hoped the matter was closed following strenuous denials, Martins continues to be stained by the fall-out and is facing the prospect of seeing a high-profile move to the North-East collapse as a result.
Martins' agent will seek urgent talks with Magpies officials in an attempt to explain an episode that the Martins camp maintain has been blown out of all proportion.
Inter have no doubts that the striker is just 21. The Serie A club demanded an apology from the Nigerian FA last year and insisted that all records were amended.
"Fortunately, my (club) president knows that the NFA is not well-organised," said Martins last year.
"It is clear they do not know anything about my age. So many false things have been said about me - including stories that I am from Cameroon."