Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan keen on Ronaldo
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
gal_kenny
Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has confirmed that Milan are keen on Ronaldo but has rejected suggestions that he could allow his departure.

With Fabio Capello installed as the new coach of the capital outfit there have been plenty of arrivals at the Bernabeu but talk has been of possible exits for several top names.

Ronaldo has long since had a volatile relationship with Real's supporters, with suggestions that he could be ready to return to Italy - where he once spent an injury plagued time at Internazionale - rife last season.

However, Calderon has now claimed that the gifted Brazilian is very much content in Madrid and that there is little chance of his exit any time soon.

''The player wants to remain with us,'' Calderon told Gazzetta dello Sport.

''For sure there has been contact, we are talking about an extraordinary player, the best centre forward in the world.

''It is obvious there is interest. It seems to me that Milan have contacted him and I don't want to say no, but I can say he wants to stay here.

''He believes in the plans for the club, he has said it personally, and we will accept his demands.''

Talk of Milan's interest in Ronaldo is sure to manifest speculation about Real's desire for Kaka - with the Brazilian having been strongly linked with the Spanish giants despite pledging his future to the Rossoneri.
Rossoneri7
Well, if there is a link between us and R9 .. I think Calderon is trying to up the buy price for him .. the only reason for this is that R9 has a BIG name in the worlf of football
amancik
Rivaldo the 34 year old is better than him ...
YoungGun
It's still better if we have him than nothing sad.gif
X-Offender
And it's still better having him rather than Iaquinta,
Captain Ambro
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 15 2006, 11:32 PM)
And it's still better having him rather than Iaquinta,

Oh, I don't know about that. It's like choosing between two deadly diseases... tongue.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
Better than nothing, as we have missed out on so many already...
KillerMax
Ronaldo is not coming as Capello confirmed.
Portman
Another topic about Ronaldo?

Please merge or close this one. We already have one in Milan News section.
Rossoneri7
Ronaldo Not In Capello's Plans Confirms Calderón

Ronaldo is no longer in Fabio Capello's plans and Real Madrid are looking to off-load the striker during the winter transfer window, club president Ramón Calderón has confirmed.

The Spanish giants will consider offers for the troubled Brazilian before the end of January, although no enquiries have yet been made.

After scoring just one goal in 12 appearances this term, Capello has informed Madrid that Ronaldo can leave and Calderón understands the Italian'sn deicision.

"It seems that Ronaldo is no longer in the coach's plans and that is the way it is," the president explained.

"One must have confidence in somebody like Capello due to his experience in these matters and in this project.

"At the moment we have received no offers.

"It will depend on whether we have to make a decision whether to allow him to go, but also if there is a team that wants him and if he wants to leave, because all those things must be considered.

"There is the possibility of something happening before January 31 and if that happens then we shall see.

"Capello believes that this is the way to go and we have complete faith in him and we must look to the future with our plan that worked before at other clubs.

"The coach will want to choose those players that he considers to be the best for his plans and not everyone can be included."

Ronaldo joined Real Madrid from Internazionale in 2002 and impressed in his early days at the club, but in recent seasons he has been criticised for his weight problems and his lack of goals.

Last season, the former Barça forward criticised the Madrid supporters for turning against him and stated that he had never been made to feel at home.

Goal.com
arivanjj
biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
It is quite obvious that R9 has no room in Madrid, ever since he gained a few pounds, he lost his starting place on the team, to anyone.

Maybe this was due to Galliani's statment today that he wasnt interested in a forward; that this news came out that, he is for sale.

Whatever it is, I don't think Madrid r thinking straight !! Who would say no to the highest scorer in the history of the world cup !! I am strongly convinced that he is the player with the most competitive goals scored in this decade !!!

In anycase Galliani, if you change ur mind again .. R9 would be just great
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.