Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reggina charged in new scandal
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
misha
Reggina must appear before a sports tribunal after being charged amidst allegations of match-fixing.

Following on from the recent scandal which has rocked Italian football, Reggina have been ordered to answer charges of sporting fraud.

The charge relates to six games the Serie A side were involved in over the past two seasons, with Reggina's president Lillo Foti (pictured) having had his telephone tapped.

Foti, along with three referees, two assistant referees and another official, has been charged by the Italian Football Federation's (FIGC) prosecutor Stefano Palazzi.

The matches in question are home fixtures against Brescia, Cagliari and Palermo, and away games versus Udinese, Sampdoria and Palermo.

Only last month, Foti was questioned in connection with the allegations and protested his innocence, having been accused of trying to rig the outcome of those six games.

Reggina must now wait to learn if they will be on the end of the same guilty verdicts which were recorded against Juventus, Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio.

Juventus were stripped of the Serie A title won for the past two seasons, demoted to Serie B and docked points for their role in the scandal.

Fiorentina and Lazio were originally relegated, only to be reinstated to the top flight upon appeal, while Milan had points deducted
skysports
han2503
Great more controvarcy, just what Italian football needed, another scandal!!!!!!!!!
RD.X
I don't think anyone outside Italy would care... but still this is getting worse
misha
Reggina will start next with a 15-point deduction in Serie A for their role in the match-fixing scandal.

Prosecutors acting for sporting authorities had requested the club be demoted but instead the Reggio Calabria-based outfit was allowed to stay in the top flight.

However, for a club that traditionally struggles against relegation a 15-point penalty gives them a lot of work to do to avoid the drop next season.

Club president has been banned for two and a half years while the club must also pay a 100,000 euro fine (£68,000). Foti has also been fined 30,000 euros (£20,000).

Meanwhile, Serie B club Arezzo have escaped relegation to Serie C1 but will start next season with a nine-point deduction.

Portman
Too bad for them. They'll probably go down to Serie B next season. Almost certain.

*EDIT*: Yeah pKiller... stupid me. unsure.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Portugal @ Aug 17 2006, 02:50 PM)
Too bad for them. They'll probably go down to Serie A next season. Almost certain.

You mean Serie B. wink.gif
BTW, Are they gonna appeal this? I just want serie A to start Goddammit! No more delays! mad.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (RD.X @ Aug 8 2006, 03:18 PM)
I don't think anyone outside Italy would care... but still this is getting worse

The credability of Italian football is shattered .. As a fan of Seria A, I don't think there is much to defend, other than the efforts of our players.

There isn't much to defend bcz look at Juve's success in the past two season, before the the calciopoli even started, they were flying (unstoppable, at some point I would just give up hope) .. Then look at them now, in Serie B w/ point deduction.

Even if justice had been served, Italian football would need a long time to regain it's credability
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.