> Important Notice, Clarification of Forum Guidelines

Tennie
post Dec 23 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #1

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Here is the final version of guidelines developed by moderators and approved by m1ke. Please take note.

Alright listen up people. Over the past few weeks, the mods have been discussing amongst themselves about the various happenings in the forum. I think it's no secret that there has been some friction over forum rules and their interpretation. So to clear things up, we're going to clarify a few things about issues which we think are most prevalent here. All of you are requested to read this in its entirety , so that going forward there can be no more ambiguity in how the rules are enforced or how the mods see them. I shall talk mainly about 3 issues.

1. Spamming: Spamming on the forum is defined as needlessly peppering a thread with multiple posts in quick succession without enabling complete discussion on any. For instance, posting 6 different news snippets in quick succession (within an hour) without allowing discussion to proceed on the Item #1. This is distracting to members, and often gets in the way of forum working. If you must post multiple news items feel free to edit your original post and add it in. The only places multiple posts are allowed are match threads and only during the time the respective games are played.

In case you're found spamming:

If this is the first time, one of the mods shall unite your posts into one post. You will then be warned that further actions like this will result in your posts being put in pre-mod approval. If you continue to spam, you will be put in pre-mod following which any further infractions shall result in your warn levels increasing and an eventual ban. Of course none of us want to go there.

2. Transfer Rumours/News Snippets: Any and all news items must have your source mentioned in it. Posts that list several stories must have the sources listed for each story, by story. It is not necessary to link to the article if you're reproducing the text but the source must be mentioned. If not, your post shall be deleted. Even if it is a 100% bonafide news report.

3.Insults/Baiting/Provocation: This is the one which is most ambiguous. So let's state this clearly.

Insults to any member: Personal insults are taken seriously. However we understand some posts are often in jest.

For e.g.
Jack Sparrow:":lol:....you Greek b@st@rd!!"
dst: "Up yours...f@ckface!"
han2503: "God...what a bunch of fags!"
LaPalma: "Eat sh!t and Die Arschloch...!!!!"

While we'd much appreciate it if serious arguments are solved between members through PM (instead of making the forum a battleground and forcing members to take sides)...if you feel that a member has seriously offended you in his post and does not seem to get the hint, you are expected to report him. Precisely because of the 'jest' reason mentioned above.

Poster A might see Poster B's words as insulting, while Poster B might only be joking. If you're reported as having insulted a member, the mods shall contact you to inform you of the same. You are then advised to cease and desist and if ego permits, to apologize to the offended party. If you still persist in apathy, we shall have no route but to edit/delete posts and increase your warn levels till you get banned.

In other words, insults/provocations are on a case-by-case basis. If you're indulging in such activities please make sure your 'opponent' is comfortable with your doing so, and will not be offended.

Insults to any players: We understand that during the course of a match, emotions might get the better of us leading to posts like this:

"Seedorf is a f@cking useless piece of sh!t"; "Omg...look at what that sick f@ck- Dida just did";

These are examples, since the above are the two most criticised players on the forum. While it would be great when once tempers cool down if you could go back and edit the posts...please understand that during a match is the ONLY time when such posts will be entertained.

Terms like these shall NOT be accepted for a human being and a top level player at that. If you do persist you shall be warned and your post edited. Continued belligerence will just result in your posting rights going out the window.

Once again the same rules of 'jest exemption' applies. At least in this case it is obvious when you're jesting and when you're not.

"Hey Zeddie...Pato is a useless piece of cr@p!:P" *runs* ---->THIS IS JEST
"Omg..I cannot believe that we have this Brazilian prick playing for us. There are far better Italians! "---->THIS IS UNCALLED FOR

Baiting: There are many sly ways we do these things. For instance:

"Yeah so Milan lost...at least we're doing better than Arsenal who haven't won anything in 100234758678 years": This is obviously meant to draw Locke into an argument. You know it, he knows it. Sometimes he maybe civil about it, other times he explodes...either way you wanted to cause an unsavory incident and that is not appreciated. If Locke were to report you, you will be warned and your post edited. Once again baiting ;like insults to members, are taken on a case-by-case basis, with mods acting only if
a.) a party reports a poster
b.) a flame war has started or looks to be starting soon

Yes...we know sometimes baiting can be done in good fun too.
"What a mediocre team this Villa is!"

All this being said, there are cases when the mods WILL say "Grow up! It was just a joke!" esp. if it's obvious that you're the only person taking something seriously when everyone else can see the funny side!

The above are the rules and their interpretations in detail. To summarize:

1. Spams: To be united into one post, and delete the multiples. Proceed to inform user that he should refrain from spamming. Disciplinary actions to commence if ignored
2. Transfer Rumors: Sources to be quoted when posting in the transfers thread. Or else delete...no matter how juicy the news.Disciplinary actions to commence if ignored
3. Insulting: Action to be taken if the member is reported by offended party. Disciplinary actions to commence if refraining advice is ignored.
4.Jest Exemption: Any of the above rules may be violated if it is 200% clear it was made as a joke. This is a subjective decision which shall be made by the mods (you might be PMd for your opinion/explanation) but mostly we shall err on the side of prudence. Anything remotely flame-baiting shall be dealt with as the rules state.

NOW...this is one of the rare times that you shall a lot of us being serious...but trust me...this is IT!! So that there can be no doubt about rules, we have posted this here. Henceforth action shall be taken exactly as detailed above and under no conditions can you plead innocence or point out to how the 'original forum rules' don't state the interpretation as above.

These have been arrived at after a lot of thought and discussion and shall come into force immediately.

Yes, quite a lot of minor rule breaking and irreverence does happen in good fun. The key word here is good fun and that shall ALWAYS be encouraged. But please remember these shall keep within the bounds of civility. We are a liberal society and not an anarchy.

We hope these rules shall take care that no further unpleasantness happens on these forums.

Thanks for reading...and let the madness resume!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Dec 24 2009, 12:50 AM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,499

Well, I guess having parts of the forum rules based on my very... person... is a distinction of a kind. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Just one question, that bit about abusing players outside match threads... does this apply to C. Ronaldo as well?
Yes I'm serious.

+Quote Post

agenth
post Dec 25 2009, 09:20 PM
Post #3

Kaka's fangirl, and proud =]

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 2,687

haha i love these rules =D

it's ways better than reading them 'dry'

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 26 2009, 04:34 AM
Post #4

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Dec 24 2009, 06:20 AM) *
Well, I guess having parts of the forum rules based on my very... person... is a distinction of a kind. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Just one question, that bit about abusing players outside match threads... does this apply to C. Ronaldo as well?
Yes I'm serious.

Same rules vis a vis jest exemption. It would be hypocritical to say only Milan players/management are not to be abused. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

For the record, worlds like jackass, idiot and the like are fine. We're dealing with more serious words which have political connotations.

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Dec 26 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,499

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 26 2009, 05:34 AM) *
Same rules vis a vis jest exemption. It would be hypocritical to say only Milan players/management are not to be abused. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
For the record, worlds like jackass, idiot and the like are fine. We're dealing with more serious words which have political connotations.

But he's a special case, no? No? Damn.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 26 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #6

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

No. Sorry. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Maybe you can write a memo and tear it up. Or stick his picture on a punching bag....

+Quote Post

mishie
post Dec 26 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #7

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

do i get the feeling there is some sense of reason returning to this place...hope so perhaps i'll spend more time here then. Just hope this isn't another false dawn tho (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 26 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (mishie @ Dec 26 2009, 08:01 PM) *
do i get the feeling there is some sense of reason returning to this place...hope so perhaps i'll spend more time here then. Just hope this isn't another false dawn tho (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This place seems ok to me, I'm guessing you had a sour experience?

+Quote Post

mishie
post Dec 26 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 26 2009, 08:35 PM) *
This place seems ok to me, I'm guessing you had a sour experience?

s'pose you could say that long and boring story tho so won't bother you with the details

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 27 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (mishie @ Dec 26 2009, 08:43 PM) *
s'pose you could say that long and boring story tho so won't bother you with the details

We all have a few such tales of forum experiences I suppose - one such instance led to me being here in the first place.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Dec 28 2009, 01:21 AM
Post #11

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

QUOTE (mishie @ Dec 26 2009, 03:43 PM) *

Fishdoll sigh. Really, mishie, Fishdoll thought you'd be over his sending flowers and candies to Mrs. Mishie by now!

(glad to see you'll be back more!)

+Quote Post

mishie
post Dec 28 2009, 10:28 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Tennie @ Dec 28 2009, 12:21 AM) *
Fishdoll sigh. Really, mishie, Fishdoll thought you'd be over his sending flowers and candies to Mrs. Mishie by now!

(glad to see you'll be back more!)

It's the fact he didn't take her away that made me upset! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jan 1 2010, 08:42 AM
Post #13

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

Spam account. http://www.milanfan.com/forums/index.php?showuser=7058

We REALLY need a stickied thread here for posters to report spam. I never know where to post such notices.

Edit: Another spam account. http://www.milanfan.com/forums/index.php?showuser=7063

This post has been edited by MizNelson: Jan 2 2010, 09:26 AM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 2 2010, 07:57 PM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jan 1 2010, 07:42 AM) *
Spam account. http://www.milanfan.com/forums/index.php?showuser=7058

We REALLY need a stickied thread here for posters to report spam. I never know where to post such notices.

Edit: Another spam account. http://www.milanfan.com/forums/index.php?showuser=7063

There's a report button m8. Just use that.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 2 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

NOOOOOO! You're not one of those txt spk people are you!?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:09 AM