> Berlusconi: Pirlo is sellable

Zed.D
post Jun 22 2009, 06:28 PM
Post #31

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jun 22 2009, 11:47 AM) *
Out with Dictatorship! Milan belongs to the people!

Believe me, you have no idea what dictatorship is... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) you were of Persian descent or something, right? then you must be aware of what's going on here.

Silvio and co are bad football managers, that's it. their methods may have worked wonders in the past, but today the football world has entered a new phase which they haven't managed to cope with yet, or as they say, they're still living in the romanticized past. maybe getting old's got to them, I don't know. I just know I wouldn't call them dictators. they're far less harmless than that!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 22 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 22 2009, 06:28 PM) *
Silvio and co are bad football managers, that's it. their methods may have worked wonders in the past,

And those methods were spending lots of £££.

+Quote Post

A.X
post Jun 22 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #33

Pulcini 97

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,105

you ppl are just sayin what you think ... but you really don't know what will happen next season ... you have to wait and watch .... and then judge ... are you a true milan fans ??? no i don't think ... because you don't have passion on your team ... or faith in it ... heh ... a team make a player not a player make a team ... berluscuni ain't no punk ( a lot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ) to destroy milan ... we need to get young play makers ... and young players ... not just play with an average 40 each game ... like we are the legends ... on fifa games ... heh !!! wake up ppl... im sorry kaka left ... but i won't be sorry if pirlo leave !

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 22 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 22 2009, 06:34 PM) *

Exactly, something that Silvio just does not want to do anymore

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 22 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #35

Primavera

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 22 2009, 09:04 PM) *

Disagree that it's the only reason. they used to spend those $$$ more wisely than they do now.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 22 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #36

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 22 2009, 11:01 PM) *
Disagree that it's the only reason. they used to spend those $$$ more wisely than they do now.

Our late 80s/early 90s success was built on money. I don't believe we made many big transfers then until late 90s/early 2000s.. coincidently that's when we started winning things again.

This is why I don't knock anyone for spending lots of money, it's annoying, but I think it's hypocritical as it's how Milan began to really become a super power of European football.

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Jun 23 2009, 09:27 AM
Post #37

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

This is ridiculous now, and Gago as a replacement, that's taking one step forward and two steps back.

I wouldn't mind VDV from Madrid, other than that I wouldn't want any of them (the ones they are likely to sell).

We would have absolutely no creativity, see when we sold Kaka I thought we would spend, now I'm starting to think this won't be the case. I mean all these rumours, then nothing coming to the forefront and Cissokho, not signed because of his teeth? Sounds somewhat sceptical.

If we realistically want to win anything next season, we have to go out and spend money and with the way money flies around in football, especially at the moment we are going to have to spend big. The team we have at the moment, whatever way you look at it is simply not good enough compared.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 23 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #38

Primavera

I wouldn't mind Gago, he's a favorite of mine and IMO has the potential to become a really good midfielder.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jun 23 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #39

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

@Zed.D:

I don't think anything's changed. Milan were the original galaticos under Sacchi. It's just that the way the economy has progressed, clubs in England and Spain are able to beat Milan at their own game.

As for spending wisely...I disagree. No club has spent wisely anytime it splashed money. It's just that now Milan can no longer take any risks on expensive investment. This is not the Milan who could break a transfer record for Lentini and then easily get rid of him, when he had his problems. I think that's what's changed.

Maybe han's got a point. Silvio can't spend a lot. Or maybe none of that 'black money' can be laundered in Milan anymore, ever since we got rapped by Calciopoli. I don't want to jump to conclusions. Either way, we have to accept that we can no longer compete with other clubs on pricing.

But yes we have made a lot of bad transfers, but then so has every other club..with the possible exception of Napoli and Everton.

The problem is we're not a spending club anymore. We're just maybe a couple of steps above Arsenal in our attitude.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jun 23 2009, 10:31 AM
Post #40

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 23 2009, 03:22 AM) *
@Zed.D:

I don't think anything's changed. Milan were the original galaticos under Sacchi. It's just that the way the economy has progressed, clubs in England and Spain are able to beat Milan at their own game.

As for spending wisely...I disagree. No club has spent wisely anytime it splashed money. It's just that now Milan can no longer take any risks on expensive investment. This is not the Milan who could break a transfer record for Lentini and then easily get rid of him, when he had his problems. I think that's what's changed.

Maybe han's got a point. Silvio can't spend a lot. Or maybe none of that 'black money' can be laundered in Milan anymore, ever since we got rapped by Calciopoli. I don't want to jump to conclusions. Either way, we have to accept that we can no longer compete with other clubs on pricing.

But yes we have made a lot of bad transfers, but then so has every other club..with the possible exception of Napoli and Everton.

The problem is we're not a spending club anymore. We're just maybe a couple of steps above Arsenal in our attitude.

Exactly but the biggest problem with this philosphy is that arsenal do not spend but they still attract fans and sell stadiums out like crazy because of their style of football. We don't play an attractive style of football and we are losing season tickets and revenue in other places.

We are also going to lose a majority of our fan base if this continues. All the fans milan created will eventually be gone if they continue down this road. We cannot be like arsenal. The fans demand much higher and have always recieved much higher than arsenal standards.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jun 23 2009, 10:43 AM
Post #41

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jun 23 2009, 04:01 PM) *
Exactly but the biggest problem with this philosphy is that arsenal do not spend but they still attract fans and sell stadiums out like crazy because of their style of football. We don't play an attractive style of football and we are losing season tickets and revenue in other places.

We are also going to lose a majority of our fan base if this continues. All the fans milan created will eventually be gone if they continue down this road. We cannot be like arsenal. The fans demand much higher and have always recieved much higher than arsenal standards.

Exactly. We can't go down that Arsenal route, coz it'll be difficult to work our way back. As for attracting fans like crazy and selling out stadiums, that's an economic thing too. Serie A's TV rights etc have been pretty lousy for some time now.

Stadium wise, we're pretty ok. We do get attendances that's the best in Serie A. Where it hits is that since we don't own the stadiums, not all of that money's coming to us.

Yup...if we no longer dominate on the European stage, we will lose fans at a global level. Because the CL is the only place where Italian clubs are visible, and Milan has been the most successful of the lot.

+Quote Post

A.X
post Jun 23 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #42

Pulcini 97

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,105

do you really ppl think that having over-aged (30<...) players is the way to be a great team??? or if we have pirlo who won't last for more then 2 seasons ( or if he wants to be like maldinhi and finish on 40<... then it's another case) is better then having gago ??? the young midfielder ???? i have a question is milan a punks charity club ??? or a soccer grandfathers club ??? wake up milan need young player ... arsenal with the young player got to the ucl semi finals !!! hah where are you living ppl !!!! we need to get rid of ridiculous players and lazy player ...like seedorf and pirlo ... then we need to get young players and i repeat young player !!! because what i see is that we have been intrested in players aged more then 30 hah !

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 23 2009, 11:44 AM
Post #43

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (A.X @ Jun 23 2009, 11:41 AM) *
arsenal with the young player got to the ucl semi finals !!!

Yes, but they also only finished 4th in the league because another team failed miserably at the end of the season, otherwise they'd be in the Europa League.

Everton? Come on, Moyes admitted to using FM to scout players from time to time! They also bought a kid called Scott Spencer from the lower leagues, their manager said he was the next big thing, Moyes signed him, he no longer plays professionally I believe. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Milan Are Brilli...
post Jun 23 2009, 12:04 PM
Post #44

Berretti
Group Icon

Member No.: 90

QUOTE (A.X @ Jun 23 2009, 11:41 AM) *
do you really ppl think that having over-aged (30<...) players is the way to be a great team??? or if we have pirlo who won't last for more then 2 seasons ( or if he wants to be like maldinhi and finish on 40<... then it's another case) is better then having gago ??? the young midfielder ???? i have a question is milan a punks charity club ??? or a soccer grandfathers club ??? wake up milan need young player ... arsenal with the young player got to the ucl semi finals !!! hah where are you living ppl !!!! we need to get rid of ridiculous players and lazy player ...like seedorf and pirlo ... then we need to get young players and i repeat young player !!! because what i see is that we have been intrested in players aged more then 30 hah !

You make it sound like if we sign any 17 year old we are fine. Maybe on Football Manager...

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 23 2009, 12:09 PM
Post #45

Prima Squadra

Problem is, young players of a high ability are going to cost silly money. We're not going to spend that much, we can't even afford to keep the players we already have.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jun 23 2009, 12:09 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:05 PM