Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan In Crisis...

Mario
post Aug 15 2009, 07:19 AM
Post #1

Pulcini 97

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 87

All we've been reading after each defeat is that "it's still too early to judge...bla bla bla... we are confident...bla bla bla... we are positive... improving... etc etc etc" while I don't honestly think that it's THAT early with the Campionato set to start in a week...

Not a single friendly game won???! (except for Varese which is a team I never heard of before)
Poor display... Games with 0 shot on goal... Change is definitely needed.

Is it because of Leo's lack of experience? Players returning from Injuries still not on top form?? Players lack of seriousness and professionalism? transfer strategy ? Management ? ... What's needed ?

Let's face it,
We don't need to see Milan in the bottom of the table to admit that we are in crisis. We already are and should get out ASAP before we start losing stupid points like each year.

Why is this happening and how should we move forward ??

This post has been edited by Mario: Aug 15 2009, 07:27 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Aug 15 2009, 09:52 AM
Post #2

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

I must admit I hate the excuse "it's only a friendly", so? It's not exactly a competittive game for our opponents either! But results aren't the biggest thing. By the end of pre-season your players will have had time to get upto full match fitness and the squad will have had the time to play with each other. SO while the results are disappointing, I think it's more worrying that we haven't been playing particularly well. Maybe our players just don't take pre-season seriously enough?

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 15 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #3

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

In speaking ONLY of the games played in the US and Germany, the fact t hat the team flew crazy distances, had perhaps a day to recover, and then had to play probably had something to do with performance. It sure didn't help them get match fit. The blame for the debacle in the preseason abroad can be squarely laid at the feet of management for booking the team into too many friendlies too close together.

As for yesterday? Fron what everyone says, it was a poor performance on the whole with the only positives maybe being a Nesta in form (according to Mediaset's review of the games) and Abate (according to what people said here). Yes, the team lacked a capable playmaker (and no, I don't count Ronaldinho as one of those, not right now) but surely people could've stepped up. They didn't.

So the fault there? Some with the coaching and some with the squad available.

What's my solution? Not sure. I think it's going to be a really painful season, truth be told. We need reinforcement - at least one terzino (lb or rb), probably a playmaking midfielder too. I'm not sure the coach is up to the task and would not be surprised at this point if he didn't last the whole season.

+Quote Post

Mario
post Aug 15 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #4

Pulcini 97

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 15 2009, 11:52 AM) *
Maybe our players just don't take pre-season seriously enough?

If they do and this is the display they're putting this is a disaster... and if they don't that's a biggest disaster... I believe they have the schedule and they can clearly see that they will be facing Inter in the second day...

I do agree that friendlies are not results oriented however some concrete improvements were required which never happened...
All we have now is hope that all departments will wake up after those slaps in the face...
(Need a reliable goalkeeper... storari and roma yesterday didnt' impress... need a fast RB and LB to suppy huntelaar.. Gattuso was doing the role of a playmaker (that's a joke)... and Ronaldinho was too slow and lacked creativity...)

+Quote Post

nuh
post Aug 15 2009, 05:30 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,284

i think our biggest problem this preseason is ronaldinho i think he will do better when the year starts cuz berlo will be up his *** checking up on him shouting at him....and pirlo will get better and seedorf i think will have a really good year without kaka (even though they linked up well)i think pato will do well with huntelaar my worries are the wings nothing more but it would be great to sign another amc then i would love that

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 15 2009, 11:09 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Milan have been in crises the moment Sheva decided to head over to Chelsea and we never replaced him, that was the first floor down to the pile of cr@p that was awaiting us, over spending on duds like Oliveira, buying back our own player for 10m (Boriello), selling Kaka, losing Gourcuff for a stupid ammount, were just the continuation of an already sinking ship

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Aug 16 2009, 05:26 AM
Post #7

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

I agree with Tennie that this idiotic U.S. Magical Mystery Tour shares part - not all - of the blame for our horrific preseason.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Aug 16 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 15 2009, 04:09 PM) *
Milan have been in crises the moment Sheva decided to head over to Chelsea and we never replaced him, that was the first floor down to the pile of cr@p that was awaiting us, over spending on duds like Oliveira, buying back our own player for 10m (Boriello), selling Kaka, losing Gourcuff for a stupid ammount, were just the continuation of an already sinking ship

+1 funs just starting people. We haven't hit rock bottom yet.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Aug 16 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

A crisis in pre-season get real!
a new coach with new systems and some new personal all takes time to settle...if in the game against Siena we are heavily defeated then i'll adjust my opinion..till then let's have a sense of realizm and stop all this talk of our impending disaster!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 16 2009, 09:17 PM
Post #10

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Fishdoll (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif) You mean the sky ISN'T falling, Mishie???

+Quote Post

mishie
post Aug 16 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 16 2009, 09:17 PM) *
Fishdoll (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif) You mean the sky ISN'T falling, Mishie???

Depends who you speak to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Aug 16 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #12

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 15 2009, 06:09 PM) *

+1
The truth has been told...
I'v said it before myself and I say it again here with han too.

This post has been edited by TriniKing_CE: Aug 16 2009, 09:49 PM

+Quote Post

mishie
post Aug 16 2009, 09:58 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 15 2009, 11:09 PM) *

hmmm have to disagree with that and the following about the signings...even when we were better we've made bad signings that doesn't make us a crisis club.
Bad judgements ...yes i agree but i don't think we can say we're in crisis over a few pre-season games which in honest don't really mean anything.
We can judge the Coach and the team when the season starts against Siena, of course to win our pre-season games would be better but then we'd have the "we are gonna be great again" statements because we won a few games which mean nothing.
In summary
Concerned...a little maybe
Crisis....not yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Mario
post Aug 17 2009, 09:19 AM
Post #14

Pulcini 97

QUOTE (mishie @ Aug 16 2009, 09:44 PM) *
A crisis in pre-season get real!
a new coach with new systems and some new personal all takes time to settle...if in the game against Siena we are heavily defeated then i'll adjust my opinion..till then let's have a sense of realizm and stop all this talk of our impending disaster!

That's what I call "Denial"... if 8 consecutive losses are not enough then you're right.. we should get real (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Aug 17 2009, 09:48 AM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (mishie @ Aug 16 2009, 11:58 PM) *
hmmm have to disagree with that and the following about the signings...even when we were better we've made bad signings that doesn't make us a crisis club.
Bad judgements ...yes i agree but i don't think we can say we're in crisis over a few pre-season games which in honest don't really mean anything.
We can judge the Coach and the team when the season starts against Siena, of course to win our pre-season games would be better but then we'd have the "we are gonna be great again" statements because we won a few games which mean nothing.
In summary
Concerned...a little maybe
Crisis....not yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I don't know what crisis is, the point is we are not a healthy club and I can't see how we are going to be... maybe if we keep buying cheap and they come out good. I think it will take some time before we can say we are healthy, financially and footballing-wise, again.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:10 PM