han2503
post Mar 5 2017, 08:11 PM
Post #31

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

I think we were all hopeful. And for me, it's not yet completely gone either

It's pointless to debate how much hope each of us had. We were all waiting for things to go off without a hitch, but as usual with this club we were let down and everything has to be a long drawn out saga

Let's just stay calm and wait and see if the deposit of the next 100m happens by next Friday and if another date for the closing is announced
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 6 2017, 10:54 AM
Post #32

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

You know to be honest, I no longer want SES to take majority now. If they're struggling so much with finances, I begin to wonder if they really have any money at all. It's now come out that Yonghong Li is just a broker. Making him yet another Bee isn't it?

If Silvio wants to send minority stake to get some cash injections in, that's one thing. But this is a little too risky. SES are looking like hustlers and not serious buyers.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 6 2017, 12:18 PM
Post #33

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 5 2017, 06:37 PM) *
Hope? Curva Sud announced they were preparing a 3D banner to welcome to Chinese. How is that hope?

I wasn't meaning that my friend:

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 1 2017, 04:02 PM) *
If it does fall apart Danny then we have 200M, or Silvio has 200M, in cash. Repay part of Milan's 220M debt, buy a good defender, midfielder and striker. Sell <enter player(s)> (I think they would be persuaded to leave; being rational).

Yeah, but I am still holding out for a Chinese entry on the 3rd.

You've used similar rhetoric to this about the supposed takeover, making some assumptions about it actually happening. I only urged you not to, because you'd be disappointed. And now we all are. Except me. I was always disappointed.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 6 2017, 12:21 PM
Post #34

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 6 2017, 10:54 AM) *
You know to be honest, I no longer want SES to take majority now. If they're struggling so much with finances, I begin to wonder if they really have any money at all. It's now come out that Yonghong Li is just a broker. Making him yet another Bee isn't it?

If Silvio wants to send minority stake to get some cash injections in, that's one thing. But this is a little too risky. SES are looking like hustlers and not serious buyers.

The Bee farce is kind of why I never believed this one either. A mystery group of Chinese businessmen who refuse to be named and no one knows the source of their finance? It's no different to Bee as the fake broker for a non-existent group of Middle Eastern bank cash.

I get that Milan is still a huge name, but unfortunately it's attracting unscrupulous schemers who are trying to make a quick buck off our struggles. Sure, we may end up with 200M out of this, but that only makes the whole thing more sordid than it already was.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 6 2017, 02:11 PM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 6 2017, 10:54 AM) *

I agree with this sentiment as well. It's worrying that a supposed trillion dollar consortium can't come up with the 320m pocket chnge required to close the deal out. And I personally don't buy the excuse that we're being fed about how there are difficulties with moving the capital out of China due to goverment regulations. I've been reasing up a bit about those regulations, and they generally apply to much larger capital going out of China (I read it applied to investment over 10b)

As for Yonhong Li and Han Li, I thought it was a well known fact that they weren't the ones actually putting to cash upfront. They were just the ones who put the consortium together. It was very obvious that they weren't the actual pockets behind the deal, they're not known, if they're any sort of rich, it's certainly not rich enough to run a football club that's for sure

Fact is, this deal has stunk from the very beginning, just like the Bee one. I think on some level we've all been blinded by the hope of finally being rid of Galliani and the out from under Silvio's thumb and the rampant mismanagement currently going on at the club. At any rate, let's see if everything falls through, or if the deal does actually happen. But our future is very uncertain atm, and what's troubling about this is that we could lose guys like Donnarumma and De Sciglio because of the uncertainty.

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 6 2017, 12:21 PM) *
The Bee farce is kind of why I never believed this one either. A mystery group of Chinese businessmen who refuse to be named and no one knows the source of their finance? It's no different to Bee as the fake broker for a non-existent group of Middle Eastern bank cash.

I get that Milan is still a huge name, but unfortunately it's attracting unscrupulous schemers who are trying to make a quick buck off our struggles. Sure, we may end up with 200M out of this, but that only makes the whole thing more sordid than it already was.

No one is going to give up 200m like we're being led to believe. So if this does fall through, I'm inclined to side with the conspiracy theorists on this and believe that this was all a money laundering ploy by Silvio to move his cash out of China

+Quote Post

Danny
post Mar 6 2017, 03:56 PM
Post #36

Allievi Nazionali

I genuinely don't know what to believe any more.

I'm just disappointed in Cagliari more than anything.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 7 2017, 07:52 AM
Post #37

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 6 2017, 03:56 PM) *

I'm just disappointed in Cagliari more than anything.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Inter have been steam rolling the smaller sides, but I don't think they've won a single fixture against any of the top 6/7 sides since Pioli took over

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Mar 7 2017, 04:32 PM
Post #38

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 6 2017, 04:56 PM) *

Same here. Feels like this soap opera is reaching its end. If a new offer arrives, it is unlikely to be for nearly as much money, so Silvio may be inclined to hold on to the club a little longer, which means we will keep on the negative trend we are on (which in turn will sink the value of the club even more).

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 8 2017, 06:08 AM
Post #39

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I believe Silvio's statement was that if an extra deposit of 100 MM is made, they will provide an extension till the end of the month. If it doesn't close by then, then Finninvest will pocket the 300MM (aggregate) and Berlusconi family will continue to run the club.

If even a 100 MM out of that 300 MM can make it's way into Milan's pockets, we're in a good way. I know it's not a popular sentiment - but Galliani with money in his pocket is well different from Galliani with chump change. But besides that I think we've finally sort of figured out how to run a club with mediocre resources and this season is showing some benefit. I can't really point out too many names that were absolute money down the drain.

It's the old proverb- better the devil you know than the angel you don't.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Mar 8 2017, 08:25 PM
Post #40

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 8 2017, 07:08 AM) *
I believe Silvio's statement was that if an extra deposit of 100 MM is made, they will provide an extension till the end of the month. If it doesn't close by then, then Finninvest will pocket the 300MM (aggregate) and Berlusconi family will continue to run the club.

If even a 100 MM out of that 300 MM can make it's way into Milan's pockets, we're in a good way. I know it's not a popular sentiment - but Galliani with money in his pocket is well different from Galliani with chump change. But besides that I think we've finally sort of figured out how to run a club with mediocre resources and this season is showing some benefit. I can't really point out too many names that were absolute money down the drain.

It's the old proverb- better the devil you know than the angel you don't.

Neah. First of all, the money goes to Fininvest and not the club. Also, in the past, Galliani was brilliant, but that is the past. Recent years have shown that even with money he struggles. You could argue that (all considered) the current squad is doing reasonably well, so Galliani should get credit for that. However, IMHO Montella is the one that is getting mediocre players to perform. above expectations And even though (I believe) Galliani picked him, B&G picked some real duds in the years prior.

Bottom line, if the club stays with B&G we should expect more of the same. And, at this point, I am no longer sure that the new Chinese ownership would be an improvement (they are sure looking like another bunch of clowns).

Yeah, I am not that optimistic these days ...

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Mar 10 2017, 08:08 PM
Post #41

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

No Juventus - Milan topic ?

I am sad, 'cos once upon a time we were all more active, including me, and it was very entertaining even waiting for a game.

OFFICIAL MILAN XI vs. Juve (4-3-3):
Donnarumma; De Sciglio, Zapata, Paletta, Romagnoli; Pasalic, Sosa, Bertolacci; Ocampos, Bacca, Deulofeu

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Mar 10 2017, 08:09 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 10 2017, 08:48 PM
Post #42

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Mar 10 2017, 08:08 PM) *
No Juventus - Milan topic ?

I am sad, 'cos once upon a time we were all more active, including me, and it was very entertaining even waiting for a game.

OFFICIAL MILAN XI vs. Juve (4-3-3):
Donnarumma; De Sciglio, Zapata, Paletta, Romagnoli; Pasalic, Sosa, Bertolacci; Ocampos, Bacca, Deulofeu

I'll change the topic title

Sorry, I've just been too busy this week and totally forgot to open it

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 10 2017, 08:52 PM
Post #43

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

This "experiment" with playing Romagnoli at LB really bugs

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Mar 10 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #44

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

Romagnoli is not playing as LB, Zapata is playing RB, but that bugs me even more. Damn he is so bad.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 10 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #45

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Getting absolutely hammered atm

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:12 AM