Portman
post Mar 28 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #1

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

Real give up on Kaka 

Wednesday 28 March, 2007 ::: channel4.com

Real Madrid President Ramon Calderon has admitted that Milan star Kaka is no longer one of the club’s primary transfer objectives.

“It will be very difficult to sign Kaka,” admitted the chief in an interview with the Marca newspaper.

“Obviously we would like to have him here as Real are a club who are used to making important signings, but only by following the rules of the market.”

The Brazilian was at the centre of a battle between the two outfits last summer, when the Rossoneri warned the Merengues against making any attempt to contact the ‘untouchable’ Kaka.

Nevertheless, the Blancos’ chief had recently confirmed his renewed interest in the midfielder’s services – after initially promising his arrival during his election campaign in June.

After numerous unsuccessful attempts, Calderon has now seemingly admitted defeat and will reportedly turn his attention to Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo instead.

Kaka, who has often reiterated that he is happy at Milan, extended his contract with the Rossoneri until 2010 last summer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 28 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #2

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) What a surprise.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 28 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #3

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 28 2007, 08:10 PM)

U'd think they would never give up (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

redbabies
post Mar 28 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #4

'the Duck'

Member No.: 144

did they have any other choice?

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 28 2007, 07:41 PM
Post #5

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

They're Madrid, they're the club of the 20th century, 29 league titles, 9 European titles, the only club to rival Milan for top honours, they should never give up.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 28 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #6

Smoking Bianco

It just comes to show u the difference between our transfer policy and theirs (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I think Silvio and Galliani are to be thanked for this (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Mar 28 2007, 08:17 PM
Post #7

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

i think i heard Kaka's sigh of relief over here in the states

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 29 2007, 10:00 AM
Post #8

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

At least they've learned they can't just get anyone (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Mar 29 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #9

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

does he really think that Man U is going to be more willing to get rid of Ronaldo than we were with Kaka

amazing (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 29 2007, 10:59 PM
Post #10

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

And today they come out with this:

Real confident over Kaka

Predrag Mijatovic is confident that Kaka will join Real Madrid, in the process giving a vote of confidence to the club's beleaguered coach Fabio Capello.

Los Merengues' sporting director was answering questions sent in by readers of Spanish newspaper, El Pais, and one main concern was the continuing transfer rumours.

When Mijatovic was part of Ramon Calderon's presidential campaign last summer, the duo both stated that Kaka was a priority and that announcement helped them win power.

Milan dug their heels and refused to negotiate, but the stories of the Brazilian's move to the Bernabeu have not been silenced.

"I am convinced that sooner or later Kaka will wear the white shirt of Real Madrid," Mijatovic stated, before joking: "Whether I am here when they happens is another story."

Madrid have struggled to meet expectations this term and the future of Capello has been called into question on several occasions, but he has the backing of the board.

"He was chosen during our election campaign when we made up our plan of action for the club and he was our first choice," Mijatovic continued.

"Capello is a coach with a great deal of experience and has won many titles and he represented the ideas of where we wanted to take things.

"Our coach still has our complete confidence."

As well as calls for the trainer to go, there have also been some that have stated they believe Mijatovic should also step down, with rumours surfacing that he had offered to resign earlier this season.

"I have never offered to leave," he concluded. "I want to work more now than ever.

"If I were to go now it would appear, particularly to me, like I was abandoning my position and that would not be right.

"My duty is to fight on and to try and solve the problems that we have now."

Sky Sports

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Mar 30 2007, 02:39 AM
Post #11

Smoking Bianco

Yup, I knew there was a catch to it (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 30 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra

They're just stiring things up. Madrid never actually offer for players, they just talk about wanting to buy them. Nothing will come of this.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 30 2007, 07:42 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Real Admit They'll Struggle To Land Kaka Or Ronaldo

Real Madrid sporting director Predrag Mijatovic has admitted he would love to bring either Kaka or Cristiano Ronaldo to the Spanish giants, but is aware of the difficulties they'll face in trying to land the superstars.

Both players are under lengthy contracts with their respective clubs and neither would want to part with their star players and Mijatovic is aware that to make the signings they'd need the players to help force a move.

"Who would not want to go for these two footballers? Any big team in the world would want them, but there has to be good planning," he said.

He added: "They are two great footballers who would surely do very well for us, but we know they have contracts and we know they do not have buy-out clauses.

"We know that much depends on the will of the players and the clubs where they play.

"There is the need to try and get one, or both to come here because they will help us achieve our objectives, but also you need to know that there will need to be many negotiations to bring them here."

AAHH and the plot thickens (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 30 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #14

Prima Squadra

We have Kaka wanting to play for Milan which is always a good thing. This is where having a few Brazilians helps, usually players from a different continent will not enjoy it so much (language barriers, no friends, etc.) But the fact that Kaka has some players that speak his home language, and whom he knows from the national team. I think that will play a huge part in us keeping him.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 30 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 30 2007, 06:45 PM)
We have Kaka wanting to play for Milan which is always a good thing. This is where having a few Brazilians helps, usually players from a different continent will not enjoy it so much (language barriers, no friends, etc.) But the fact that Kaka has some players that speak his home language, and whom he knows from the national team. I think that will play a huge part in us keeping him.

Well the language thing isn't an issue since all of the brazilians, including him speak Italian.

And even though there are a lot of Brazilians I think he has said a couple of times that he is really good friends with Clarence and Gila.

All of our players are happy at Milan, we have a great locker room atmosphere and all of our players keep saying this, Ronaldo said it a week ago and Oli said it today.

Plus bringing R9 over to Milan really made Kaka happy and it shows

This post has been edited by han2503: Mar 30 2007, 08:51 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:31 AM