> Summer Transfers 2017

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 25 2017, 11:17 PM
Post #91

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I think keeping Donnaruma is a priority. Even if it means raising his wages. How come we have so much trouble in doing this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Apr 26 2017, 08:50 AM
Post #92

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

Milan are interested in Darmian as a replacement of De Sciglio in case he doesn't renew his contract. #GdS

#CorSport: Juve-Napoli on the race for De Sciglio. Milan-Inter for De Vrij.

Fabrizio Romano: Milan are interested in signing Real Madrid midfielder Mateo Kovacic, with Montella approving him in a potential deal. Zidane likes him, but he hasn't played much, however the real problem is his €30M+ price tag. Mirabelli has added him in his list.

Fabrizio Romano: Milan and Montella want to keep Pasalic. It will be difficult because Conte and Chelsea like him. Milan will count on the player's will.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Maybe
4. No

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 26 2017, 12:58 PM
Post #93

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 25 2017, 11:17 PM) *
I think keeping Donnaruma is a priority. Even if it means raising his wages. How come we have so much trouble in doing this?

We still don't seem to actually have money. Our new owners' cash seems locked away in US loans.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 26 2017, 02:30 PM
Post #94

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Good God! A neverending story... When will situation be resolved?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 26 2017, 02:40 PM
Post #95

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 26 2017, 02:30 PM) *
Good God! A neverending story... When will situation be resolved?

Unknown. Basically if Lux don't pay back the holding company around 300M in loans that they're owed, we are in deep doodoo because suddenly we're then owned by an American hedge fund who don't want us and will sell us to anyone who'll take us.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Apr 26 2017, 02:52 PM
Post #96

Giovanissimi Nazionali

For De Sciglio, there is not only Juventus, but the defender is also liked by Bayern and City. #Repubblica

Mediaset: De Sciglio is disappointed with Milan and has decided to leave. He was disappointed with the club who didn't issue any official announcement to defend him. And with Montella who didn't gave him explanations after the replacement. Juventus will offer Milan €10m for player.

Mediaset | Watford are impressed by Niang and are likely to buy him from Milan for €18m this summer.

Paolo Berlusconi: "Why Silvio refused the honorary role? He asked if he can talk with the coach, perhaps giving directions, the answer was no."

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 26 2017, 03:24 PM
Post #97

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Apr 26 2017, 02:52 PM) *
For De Sciglio, there is not only Juventus, but the defender is also liked by Bayern and City. #Repubblica

Mediaset: De Sciglio is disappointed with Milan and has decided to leave. He was disappointed with the club who didn't issue any official announcement to defend him. And with Montella who didn't gave him explanations after the replacement. Juventus will offer Milan €10m for player.

"Danny is disappointed with De Sciglio and has been for five years"

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 26 2017, 08:26 PM
Post #98

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I think we should be optimistic about the new owners. I know Silvio is a greedy, senile MOFO, but one thing I'm certain of is that he wouldn't sell Milan to someone he isn't sure of.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 28 2017, 02:33 PM
Post #99

Allievi Nazionali

We've made enquiries over Napoli's Ghoulam to replace MDS.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Apr 28 2017, 02:55 PM
Post #100

Giovanissimi Nazionali

CorSera | Milan are ready to offer Donnarumma a €3.2m/year contract+give his brother Antonio a contract to be the backup goalkeeper.

GdS | Milan have reached an agreement with Lazio for central defender Stefan De Vrij for €25M. Milan now have to reach an agreement with the player to beat out Inter. Milan will likely offer a 4-year deal worth €4M+bonuses. Fassone and Mirabelli have already spoken with the agents of the player and should meet them again next week.

GdS | Today there will be decisive meeting between Mirabelli, Fassone and De Sciglio's entourage, where he will ask to be sold.

GdS | Mirabelli and Fassone will meet with Suso's agent next week where they will look to extend his contract until 2021. Before signing however Suso wants to know everything: the project of the new owners, eventual signings and targets. Suso is doing fine at Milan, but before signing he wants to know every detail.

The only player in the midfield who has a big chance of staying (besides Locatelli of course) is KUCO. - Tmw.

Honda and Storari will leave Milan at the end of the season as their contracts expire. - Tmw

Bertolacci, Sosa and Poli seem destined to leave Milan. - Tmw.

Next week, Fassone and Mirabelli will have a decisive meeting with De Vrij's agent to agree personal terms. Milan are willing to offer De Vrij a four-year contract worth €4m+bonuses linked to Champions League qualification.
Gazzetta Dello Sport.

MN | The meeting between Mirabelli and Ghoulam's agents is over. He is now heading to Milanello.

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Apr 28 2017, 08:03 PM
Post #101

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Nothing was defined in the meeting between Fassone, Mirabelli and De Sciglio's agents. The parties will meet again in the coming weeks. #MN

Pellegrini's agent is in Casa Milan to talk with Fassone & Mirabelli for a possible transfer to Milan. Pellegrini's agent leaving Casa Milan. #MN

Sampdoria have now shown interest in signing Lapadula. #DiMarzio

Milan continue contacts with Musacchio. The argentine has Italian passport. #DiMarzio

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Apr 28 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #102

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

How good is De Vrij?

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Apr 28 2017, 09:20 PM
Post #103

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 28 2017, 10:20 PM) *
How good is De Vrij?

IMO the best we can get with 20-30 million. Better than Musachio without a doubt. I really like him, he would pair perfectly with Romagnoli.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 28 2017, 09:57 PM
Post #104

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Milan shedding the mediocre skin off.

Btw about the 50M transfer budget allocated to this summer. Iv read on fi that Milan is issuing a bond value 123M (73M goes to repay Milan debt and the remaining 50M to the summer transfer market) under written by Elliott HF (meaning they get fees for selling the paper/bond). Raising this bond means; 123M of cash is coming to Milan while 123M of Milan is going to bond holders for a return that Milan has to pay (not sure what yield % and maturity/tenor). If this is true, then the tight capital controls placed by Beijing that almost collapsed the sale of the club in the first place is still also affecting our summer transfer plans.

Oh FYI Elliott have control over Milan's board until Li repays them the 303M @11% interest bridge loan which is maturing in 18 months from this month.

Continuing on the report I read, Li is planning on raising 100M in new capital (obviously once Beijing releases the funds). Yet given the above, I'm not too ecstatic about that as there is a 303M expensive debt that is to be repaid asap.

The bond issuance is an interesting concept, it would set up a yield curve (ie demand) for calico issued debt. But on the flip side you are effectively carving out 123M of Milan and handing it over to different people. If Milan default on payment, in comes the courts and the likes.

This vs the out of pocket policy Silvio had adopted for the majority of his 3 decade reign.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 28 2017, 10:46 PM
Post #105

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 24 2017, 01:03 PM) *
The fans have lost patience with MDS. They've caught up with me after 5 years. Took them a while!

He was booed off yesterday and was confronted by fans after the match - with his mum and dad in the car.

This kid isn't staying and I for one am delighted. That said I don't condone the abuse, never nice hearing a Milan player booed off while being subbed. And definitely not the personal aftermath following the match.

But yeah, he can do one. Been an insult to the jersey for the best part of four years. Cannot understand why he's held his place when Antonelli, an honest and decent pro who gives it all and rarely lets us down, is ignored. That said he's lost his deputy slot to Vangioni as it is!

DS is a strange case. He showed so much promise back when he first came onto the scene, then came a couple of long term injuries and he seems to have completely lost the plot, I think this season he's been good in most of the games, had a couple of stinkers, like the derby and the Empoli game, but generally, he's been good.

Do I think we should try to keep him? I don't know, if he wants to go to Juve, I'd say f@ck him, let him sit on that bench, but we need to make sure to at least get good cash off of them. They've ripped us off one too many times in the recent past, now it's our chance.

Ideally though, if he's going to be sold than it should be to a club outside of Italy, we don't want to see another Pirlo situation happening, and no matter how good or bad people think DS has been, I'm pretty sure he'll be good for Juve

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 24 2017, 06:34 PM) *
I think Mbappe is exactly what we don't need right now. We're already filled with talents and youngsters. I'm not suggesting we sign has-been's like Dzeko either, but Mbappe would cost us probably a small fortune after the seasons he's having with Monaco.

Jack this is fantasy mode. Why would Dortmund ever give up on Dembele and Pulisic after only one season? I don't think so. They do know that the later they go the bigger the prize.

As for Tielemans, why not? We should look at potential talents like Gnabry (Werder), Plea (Nice), etc. But I'd much rather we invest in our scouting program and invent our very own "Pulisic" or "Dembele". Meanwhile we should be signing marquee players who'll instantly make us better, more fluent and modern.

All bad news. I think we should try to keep MDS in our team nevertheless.

While players like Aubameyang and Morata would make us much more effective and dangerous, Dzeko is just mediocre to good. I'd be really against this deal, especially because he would still cost us much.

Agreed, as for Mbappe, forget about him, there's no way on God's green Earth that we could ever sign him, he's either going to Real/Barca or maybe an EPL club (if they offer him something crazy)

He's the hottest name out there atm, he won't be coming to Italy, not with Juve, not with Napoli and defo not with us

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 24 2017, 06:38 PM) *
Why do you think booing someone off is abusive? I think we all became a bit soft and this is exactly the problem with MDS. I remember back years ago that booing off a player could also potentially give someone the extra motivation to do better and achieve more. I think we've all become hypersensitive and receptive.

Don't et me wrong, confronting a player (and his parents) should be instantly condoned, but booing someone off - well it's a part of the footballing "folklore".

Yeah, booing is definitely parts of this sport's culture, especially in Italy. If DS can't handle that then it's his problem, the stuff outside the stadium though is definitely condemnable.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 24 2017, 07:22 PM) *
Fillipo, have you seen Dzeko this season? The guy has been a scoring machine.

That being said, I'd look for someone younger.

Dzeko is a simple target man, he's not the kind of guy we need. Sure he's better than Bacca and has better tools to make it in Serie A, but he definitely benefits from the fact that Roma is probably one of the most prolific chance creators is Europe. Dzeko also misses a boatload of chances per season.

We need someone mobile, who's not just a simple poacher but can do it all. In a few words, we need a Sheva/Ibra and not a Pippo/Gila

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 24 2017, 08:47 PM) *
Morata? I highly doubt he's the answer. The guy struggled to score at Juve where he was supported by a superb midfield.

If we're looking for a striker that can make the difference by himself, then I don't know who we should go after. Belotti is lethal, but like Dzeko he thrives on support.

Morata is also another striker that I would lump into the same category with Dzeko, he's just not what we need imo.

You know, if it were me, I'd be looking at someone like Aguero, his situation is similar to Fabregas', Pep doesn't want him for some reason, and he'll most likely leave City this summer. This could be a golden opportunity if we have the money to sign him then we should be going all in to get him.

Belotti could be another name, but I can't see us meeting Cairo's crazy 100m release clause, and for a striker who has only had one really great season so far in Serie A, he's not worth that much, at least not yet

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 25 2017, 12:52 AM) *
In Morata's defence he's never a first choice. His whole career has been playing second fiddle to either Dybala, Tevez, Benzema or Ronaldo etc. He's made a hell of a lot of sub appearances, and I'd have to say a career sub at his age with a 24 in 45 rate for this season in all competitions for all his teams is pretty good going.

I think it depends on what system we play next season. I agree another Bacca type is no good, but then that only applies in our current setup. Bacca could thrive next season in a different tactical system. Morata, for me, is a very similar type of player, only he's a younger model.

I think next season Montella will either stick to a 4-3-3 or he'll switch to a 4-2-3-1, depending on the type of players we'll buy. I can't see him deviating much from that tbh. And if Montella can get the kind of midfielders he likes (smart, technical players) then our striker WILL score goals, no matter who that is, that's why I don't think we should be focusing that much on CFs atm, our midfield is definitely the most neglected area of this team, and until we fix it, we can get whoever we want at the back or in front, it won't change much of anything.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 25 2017, 11:17 PM) *

Agreed. And I think it's obvious that Donna's renewal is at the very top of the list atm, but I definitely like how quick Mirabelli is being. He's already feeling out a lot of agents, see where their players stand. I personally think he already has a couple of deals locked down for the summer. It will definitely be interesting to see how he'll work. I don't think I can remember a time when we last had a proper, well thought out mercato tbh. Probably when we got Nesta

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 26 2017, 08:26 PM) *
I think we should be optimistic about the new owners. I know Silvio is a greedy, senile MOFO, but one thing I'm certain of is that he wouldn't sell Milan to someone he isn't sure of.

Yeah, I personally like what I've heard and saw from Fassone/Mirabelli so far

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 28 2017, 08:20 PM) *
How good is De Vrij?

He's great imo, one of the best CBs in he league. A bit injury prone but we'll see. For 25m in today's market, he'd be a total steel. And if we can get Musacchio as well on top of that, I'd say we're set in the CB department for the next few years

+Quote Post

114 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:46 AM