Tennie
post Feb 5 2010, 12:35 PM
Post #1

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

The winter transfer window is closed.

So it's time to start thinking about who Milan should (and maybe will) buy during the summer.

-----

Both Mediaset and Gazzetta seem to think that Milan will be preparing a bid for United's Nemanja Vidic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

IhaveaLeonardon
post Feb 5 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #2

Pulcini 99

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,544

In:

Dzeko
Hernanes
Krasic
Vidic
Santon
Astori
Insert name of young-promising keeper here.

(Not nessesarily all of these players, because we all know it won't happen, but any number of them would be great..)

Out:

Hunter/Pippo
Jankulovski
Kaladze
Oddo
Favalli
Dida

This post has been edited by IhaveaLeonardon: Feb 5 2010, 10:08 PM

+Quote Post

IhaveaLeonardon
post Feb 5 2010, 08:27 PM
Post #3

Pulcini 99

Btw, with a new sponsorship with Fly Emirates and the sale of Hunter/Kaladze/Janks/Oddo (sale $ + wage cuts), we could quite possibly be able to spend some cash for these new players! I know it sounds far fetched, but i have a feeling this summer will be a good one..

+Quote Post

Guest_Suhail 3_*
post Feb 5 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE (IhaveaLeonardon @ Feb 5 2010, 07:27 PM) *
Btw, with a new sponsorship with Fly Emirates and the sale of Hunter/Kaladze/Janks/Oddo (sale $ + wage cuts), we could quite possibly be able to spend some cash for these new players! I know it sounds far fetched, but i have a feeling this summer will be a good one..

yeah the new sponsorship deal has perked me up alot too hopefully the future is bright cl 2007 last time we got the jackpot time goes ever so slowly when were just trying to get through season after season

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Feb 6 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #5

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

Financially it works like this:

Making it to round of 16= 20 M from CL
making it to QF= 8-10 M from CL
Semis= 8-10 M
Final= 25M+ 15 for the win

=80m profit

Bwin sponsor= 11 M every year
Emirates= 15 M every year

Kaladze= 5 M (4m off wage bill)
Janku= 5M (2M off wage bill)
Dida= 0M (4m off wage bill)
Oddo= 3-5M (4m off wage bill)
Huntelaar=10-15M (4m off wage bill)
Inzaghi= 0M (4m off wage bill)
Favalli=0M (1M off wage bill)

wage bill total= 23M
transfer total= 30M

If we rid ourselves of those players, we would save 23 M off our wage bill alone! We could also make a possible transfer profit of 30 M

----------------

Transfer deals:

If we do get rid of the list above, some players will have to come in to fill the gaps.

Dzeko is pretty much done. He'll cost us 25 M and probably 4m on our wage bill.

Astori will most likely be purchased back and he'll cost us 2 m. 1m on our wage bill.

Milan Jovanovic from Standard leige is another choice and he would cost us nothing in the transfer deal. 2M a year on the wage bill as he'll probably ask for an upgrade. Liverpool offered him 3m so we'll have to wait and see how it goes. Valencia have jumped in aswell.

Mancini is another option as we can purchase half of his contract in a co-ownership for 3M. His wage bill will be 2M as the other 2 will be paid by inter.

-----

Those transfers above are what I would think would be the most probable in happening.

Now comes the guess work:

Vidic is an option and the press thinks were very serious about his tranfer. He could cost us 20M or less especially since Man U is desperate for cash.

Hernanes is another option but he is non EU. So if he is purchased, there would be no more space allowed. He would cost us 10-15m.

Krasic is also non eu. He would cost us 15M.

Gareth Bale= 15 M

-----

But its too early to decide whose going to be coming here other than the given. Dzeko is done. Were fighting for Jovanovic. Astori will most likely return. Also mancini could be co-owned depending on what happens. We'll have to wait until the world cup ends to make transfers. There could be a few surprises here and there.

This post has been edited by Bluesummers: Feb 6 2010, 11:26 PM

+Quote Post

Protagonist
post Feb 7 2010, 02:41 AM
Post #6

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,644

Bluesummers? Where did you get those figures for wages and transfer from? Source?

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Feb 7 2010, 05:40 AM
Post #7

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

Seriously, I think we're more obsessed with our finances than the guys actually running the team.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Feb 7 2010, 06:04 AM
Post #8

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Why do you keep mentioning Bale, Blue? He's terrible.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Feb 7 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #9

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 6 2010, 11:04 PM) *
Why do you keep mentioning Bale, Blue? He's terrible.

Really? He's pretty highly rated. I don't watch all that much epl so I guess I dont know. I just put him there because we were linked with him earlier.

@Protagonist: I don't have a source for that info; when we won the champions league back in 07, I remember reading alot about the finances and how much money we made. Champions league hasn't changed much. The only thing has changed is the little bit of the marketing. One of my freinds is a huge barca fan and he told me they made 150 M profit last year and 80 was due to champions league win. The wages and stuff like that has been known for quite a while, look around and you'll find it.

@Miz: why not? In my sports mgmt class there is a whole section on fans and how indepth they know their clubs from finances to where the president took a piss at 12:00 on monday.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 7 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #10

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Thanks for the heads up Blue. If we're getting Mancini then I think Krasic is overkill...especially with Adiyiah. Unless we loan Dominic.

I honestly don't think Vidic will happen. Man U have enough cash in reserve...it's kinda like when you have huge credit card debt, but earn enough money to pay the service charges and some left over to buy a new pair of jeans. That's how my friend explained it to me.

I don't want Hernanes...I had this excellent replacement in mind, now I forget who it was... damn! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Feb 7 2010, 05:49 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

We desperately need a creative attacking midfielder to replace Seedorf. I hope the board prioritizes one of them

+Quote Post

IhaveaLeonardon
post Feb 7 2010, 06:17 PM
Post #12

Pulcini 99

- Dzeko is necessary. I am a big Borriello fan, but Dzeko will take us to the next level up there. Plus, having Borri as a backup is 100X better than having Huntelaar as a backup. Also, who's to say Borri and Dzeko couldn't work up front together in some games.

- Krasic would be great for the right side and we could move pato to the left side and have pato play a little more central to be more of a goal threat while krasic could work well with abate on the right.

- Hernanes might be a great option to replace Seedorf. Seedorf said he wants to got he the Prem before his career is over, so we should sell him after the season to help get some cash for him since this is the last year we will be able to get any money for Seed.

- Criscito would be ideal for LB and then we'd be able to have Antonini as a backup who can play both RB and LB.

- Ranocchia/Bonucci would be nice to have as backup CB's. Kaladze will be sold, and 8 mil is a great great price to sell him for. The 8 mil could help purchase just about all of either one of the Bari boys and now we'd have defensive CB subs that are actually competent and who also have time and potential to bloom into great CB's.

- Mannone/Marchetti/etc. or any promising GK would be nice. I think Dida i leaving after this year and its about time we recruited a quality keeper. I really like Mannone from Arsenal but there are a lot of choices out there. Anyways, with a new keeper we'd also have Abbiati so we'd be fine in the net.

- just on a bitter sidenote, we should have signed Mariga.

6 players would be ideal. and to be honest we should be able to fund this

possible and likely players to either leave/be sold = huntelaar, seedorf, janulovski, kaladze, onyewu, dida, favalli.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Feb 7 2010, 06:28 PM
Post #13

Token Girl
Group Icon

I'd be surprised if we bought more than 3 players.

Of that list, there's no way Mimmo Criscito would come. Napoli wouldn't sell to us and he's a native of the city. Doubt he'd want to leave. We'd have to deal with Genoa for either of the Bari CBs (they're on loan to Bari from Genoa). Given Genoa's defensive issues, they may bring both of 'em back for next year.

I will probably be pilloried for this, but I'm not entirely sold on Dzeko.

Wouldn't mind Marchetti.

I'd say we need a new CB, a good box to box midfielder, and fullbacks. No particular names at this moment but.

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Feb 7 2010, 06:34 PM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 7 2010, 05:28 PM) *
I'd be surprised if we bought more than 3 players.

Of that list, there's no way Mimmo Criscito would come. Napoli wouldn't sell to us and he's a native of the city. Doubt he'd want to leave. We'd have to deal with Genoa for either of the Bari CBs (they're on loan to Bari from Genoa). Given Genoa's defensive issues, they may bring both of 'em back for next year.

I will probably be pilloried for this, but I'm not entirely sold on Dzeko.

Wouldn't mind Marchetti.

I'd say we need a new CB, a good box to box midfielder, and fullbacks. No particular names at this moment but.

I though Criscito was Genoa owned?

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Feb 7 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #15

Token Girl
Group Icon

So he is. I confused him with Cigarini. My bad.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Same argument, though. I doubt Genoa'd be willing to part with him. And I think the gobbi still own part of him.

+Quote Post

403 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:49 PM