Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tavano to Valencia

4827saviola611
post Aug 16 2006, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,123

Empoli have announced an agreement to sell striker Francesco Tavano to Valencia.

The Tuscan side have confirmed a deal has been struck with the Primera Liga giants, who have successfully seen off Newcastle United and Internazionale in the chase for Tavano, who struck 19 times last season.

The 27-year-old is understood to have agreed a four-year contract with Valencia, who will have to overcome a 1-0 deficit against Red Bull Salzburg next Wednesday to earn their place in this season's Champions League.

The opportunity to play in Europe with Valencia proved too big for Tavano to refuse, and Empoli are thought to have accepted a fee of around 10million euros (?m).

Empoli were unable to provide Tavano with European football this season having failed to apply for a licence from UEFA.

Despite finishing 11th in the Serie A standings, point deductions handed to Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina for match-fixing would have granted Empoli a place in the UEFA Cup next season - had they submitted a request to UEFA before the end of last season.

end
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Aug 16 2006, 07:00 PM
Post #2

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

What does this have anything to do with Milan?

+Quote Post

florenti1
post Aug 16 2006, 07:14 PM
Post #3

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,983

Only Inter had try to make a move on him
Its only a good affair for Empoli

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Aug 16 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #4

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

Tavano was linked with a Milan move.

There were several articles about it. Of course there were a couple about Ronaldinho coming as well. Just speculation.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Aug 16 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #5

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Aug 16 2006, 02:09 PM)
Tavano was linked with a Milan move.

There were several articles about it. Of course there were a couple about Ronaldinho coming as well. Just speculation.

I never saw one... Unless it's old. I remember us talking about him, but I never heard anything on the news about him coming to Milan. Oh well.

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Aug 17 2006, 05:57 AM
Post #6

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Aug 16 2006, 12:35 PM)
I never saw one... Unless it's old. I remember us talking about him, but I never heard anything on the news about him coming to Milan. Oh well.

Yeah I remember reading a couple articles on it. I don't think it was recent. It was probably news from tribal football and the next day Ronaldinho and Terry was linked to a surprise Milan move.(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by jbryant1: Aug 17 2006, 05:57 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:01 AM