Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Winter transfers 2019

Rossoneri7
post Dec 31 2018, 11:18 AM
Post #91

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Paolo Maldini concurred it, unless Milan finishes in CL place, Milan won't be able to make signings. That includes Higuin and Bakayoko.

Further, Milan will have to sell before they buy.

Any movement in this winter shall be a loan.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 31 2018, 11:25 AM
Post #92

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

We dodged a bullet with Muriel, but I doubt there are better players available on loan. I here Fenerbahce also want Fabregas and are negotiating with Chelsea.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 31 2018, 12:47 PM
Post #93

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

We dodged a bullet with Muriel but we might get hit by a canon ball. Rumors about us being interested in Gabbiadini.

What is wrong with these people? Do we want another Borini? I would much prefer staying as we are than signing someone as rubbish as Gabbiadini, we has scored only one goal for Southampton and hasn't started a game since 5 December. In other words, after a Sunderland reject, now a Southampton reject. FFS Leo!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 1 2019, 11:30 PM
Post #94

Well, Fabregas is off to Monaco apparently, so I guess we can consider this mercato (which hasn't even started yet) an utter failure.

Perhaps we were better off with Mirabelli...

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Jan 2 2019, 05:10 AM
Post #95

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 2 2019, 12:30 AM) *
Well, Fabregas is off to Monaco apparently, so I guess we can consider this mercato (which hasn't even started yet) an utter failure.

Perhaps we were better off with Mirabelli...

Monaco are 19th currently in the league.. i beelive this is due to us trying to sign him for free only (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 2 2019, 03:38 PM
Post #96

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jan 2 2019, 05:10 AM) *
Monaco are 19th currently in the league.. i beelive this is due to us trying to sign him for free only (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I think he's going there for free since he rescinded with Chelsea.

Honestly, if he's going there only because he's friend Henry is manager, then maybe we're better off without him. I mean, who in their right frame of mind would choose Monaco over Milan? Good luck playing in Ligue 2 next year, chump.

Although, what I last read was that our agreement with Fabregas was that, if by the end of January he had not found a club and we had not found a midfielder, then we'd sign him. Which makes even less sense.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 2 2019, 03:47 PM
Post #97

Anyway, latest names we're being linked with:

Stefano Sensi (CM, Sassuolo). The guy seems like a good player, plus he's young. But Sassuolo won't let him go for less than 25M

Carrasco (LFW, DL Yifang). We all know him. Really good and proven player, would be a welcome addition.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 3 2019, 05:03 PM
Post #98

Primavera
Group Icon

We don't need a young midfielder, we need an experienced creator.

And well... I told you so regarding Fabregas. It was all very foreseeable.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 5 2019, 10:20 AM
Post #99

Smoking Bianco

So no buying only loans. Any buying will depend on CL qualification at the end of the season or if Milan sells a player another may be brought in.

If Milan fails to qualify, players will be sold; not to be replaced by another, but to cover the losses.

Let's not forget post FFP Milan is not 'that attractive' club we all fell in love with. Those days are gone. Even a wealthy benefactor can not restore the issue Milan faces. The issue is simple, low revenue coupled with high costs render losses. What Milan needs more than anything is a stadium that enhances it's income and qualify for CL. That should enhance the value of the club and allow it more space to operate, because as of now the club is operating in the red.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 5 2019, 06:53 PM
Post #100

Primavera
Group Icon

That's a grim perspective, especially since I'm almost certain that we won't make it to the CL.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 7 2019, 07:49 PM
Post #101

Smoking Bianco

This is the truth Pippo, FFP is restricting clubs that are not generating revenues enough to cover high transfer fees, salaries and related expenses.

Milan's revenue had been on a decline since 2004/5 ... Coincidentally EPL, La Liga, and Bundesliga started getting higher revenues than Serie A clubs since then. So player fees (in the form of out bidding Milan) kept Milan out of attracting top players.

Silvio cashed out of the club because of that declining trend. Milan got Li who went on a frenzy and was penalized by FFP. Milan now have Elliott who are under watch by FFP regulators.

What Milan needs is a consistent run of good results, re-enter CL while maintaining a team that is 'FFP compliant'. All this dreaming of the next BIG thing happening at Milan is not realistic. We all were caught off guard by our expectations, while the reality of the matter is Milan just can not afford it.

Case in point UEFA confiscated Milan's Europa League money because of FFP breaches.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 7 2019, 07:52 PM
Post #102

Primavera
Group Icon

But Boban's right you know, something has to change.

Link

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jan 7 2019, 08:22 PM
Post #103

Smoking Bianco

Until FFP laws are amended, Milan are forced to adhere to it. This is what the new Milan directors are telling the fans:

Milan director Paolo Maldini gives the condition for signing Gonzalo Higuain and Tiémoué Bakayoko outright - “the Champions League is binding”.

Both players are on loan with the Rossoneri, with options to buy from Juventus and Chelsea respectively.

However, the club is operating under Financial Fair Play restrictions, so without a top four finish it’s unlikely they can afford a permanent deal.

“We’re absolutely convinced we can get fourth place,” Maldini told reporters at Milanello.

“We’re not happy with how things have gone this month, of course, when we’ve had a lot of injuries and therefore great difficulty in terms of numbers.

“Despite that we expected more, and [Coach Gennaro] Gattuso knows that too. We need to change the attitude during the game, we can’t lie down and we can’t look for sixth.

"Bakayoko and Higuain? We’ve been clear with the players: the Champions League is binding.”

Leonardo tells Milan fans not to expect big signings in January - “not because we don’t want to, but because we can’t”.

The Rossoneri are operating under Financial Fair Play controls, so there won’t be big investment in Gennaro Gattuso’s squad next month.

“We signed [Lucas] Paquetà in October and got a letter in which they [UEFA] disputed that kind of investment,” technical director Leonardo revealed, speaking to various reporters at Milanello.

“So far we haven’t received our UEFA prize money. There won’t be big signings. We need to work on opportunities.

“The January market is complicated, so we need to be alert to opportunities.

“We have 30 players in the squad right now, so there will definitely have to be some exits. We won’t buy, not because we don’t want to, but because we can’t.

“We spent almost zero in the summer between exits and incomings. The only point of increase was [Gonzalo] Higuain. Higuain was the only real investment, the rest were all exchanges.

“Those who stay here will stay because they want to stay, otherwise goodbye and thank you. We’ll get to where we want to get, that’s what Milan is, with or without us.”

This post has been edited by Rossoneri7: Jan 7 2019, 08:26 PM

+Quote Post

William405
post Jan 12 2019, 10:10 AM
Post #104

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Can someone explain to me how we can buy Paquetta for 35million, but can't afford to give a contract to Fabregas? Hence, losing the competition to a club which is in the last standings of the french division.

I cannot wrap my head around it.

+Quote Post

William405
post Jan 12 2019, 10:11 AM
Post #105

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Also, I don't like Leonardo. He's a traitor.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:44 PM