> 2015 Summer transfers

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 10 2015, 01:14 PM
Post #1966

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Sure, he wasn't a starter in the stellar Milan defense. He was a backup. But he still played for Milan occasionally, and wasn't bad. Anyway, what's your point guys? I really don't think Roque Junior is comparable to Barone or Amelia who didn't play a minute of tournament, nor is he a laughing matter like Emanuelson or Boateng.

He's a winner, a man who showed he can play at the highest level and win it all. Boateng and Emo don't even come close.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 10 2015, 01:21 PM
Post #1967

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 10 2015, 01:14 PM) *
Sure, he wasn't a starter in the stellar Milan defense. He was a backup. But he still played for Milan occasionally, and wasn't bad. Anyway, what's your point guys? I really don't think Roque Junior is comparable to Barone or Amelia who didn't play a minute of tournament, nor is he a laughing matter like Emanuelson or Boateng.

He's a winner, a man who showed he can play at the highest level and win it all. Boateng and Emo don't even come close.

I respectfully disagree, maybe he's not a laughing matter like Boateng, but being a winner as I said sometimes has more to do with being lucky rather than being great. I don't think Junior was great so imo, that makes him lucky

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 10 2015, 02:16 PM
Post #1968

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 10 2015, 01:14 PM) *

I never compared Junior to Barone or Amelia. I'm actually with you on this one. Though saying he's a winner is a bit of a stretch.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 10 2015, 07:20 PM
Post #1969

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 10 2015, 03:21 PM) *
I respectfully disagree, maybe he's not a laughing matter like Boateng, but being a winner as I said sometimes has more to do with being lucky rather than being great. I don't think Junior was great so imo, that makes him lucky

What? So you have two categories and nothing more? Great players and lucky players? I completely disagree here han. Lucky you are as a third goalkeeper, like Amelia, called up once and never again for a big tournament and ending up with a medial.

Roque Junior won trophies with both Milan and Palmeiras. He had almost 50 caps for Brazil, played as a starter, won the World cup and also the Confederations cup for Brazil, as a starter. On top of it, he had luck to be picked for the CL final, yes, I grant you that one. But you don't win so many things (as a regular player) just because of luck. Kleberson, Marcos - those can be labeled as lucky. But a starting CB who played so many games? Hardly.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 10 2015, 10:16 PM
Post #1970

Well, Kleberson and Marcos aren't exactly lucky either, because they played as starters in the WC. They gave their important contribution to the team's success.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Oct 10 2015, 10:16 PM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 11 2015, 12:07 AM
Post #1971

Primavera
Group Icon

Kleberson is. Marcos, yes you're right. I had Dida in my mind as a starter, completely forgot that Marcos was their first pick.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 11 2015, 12:17 AM
Post #1972

No, Dida was their first pick, but he got injured before the tournament. I think.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 11 2015, 09:01 AM
Post #1973

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 10 2015, 07:20 PM) *
What? So you have two categories and nothing more? Great players and lucky players? I completely disagree here han. Lucky you are as a third goalkeeper, like Amelia, called up once and never again for a big tournament and ending up with a medial.

Roque Junior won trophies with both Milan and Palmeiras. He had almost 50 caps for Brazil, played as a starter, won the World cup and also the Confederations cup for Brazil, as a starter. On top of it, he had luck to be picked for the CL final, yes, I grant you that one. But you don't win so many things (as a regular player) just because of luck. Kleberson, Marcos - those can be labeled as lucky. But a starting CB who played so many games? Hardly.

No, didn't say that there are only 2 categories of players. For me Junior was just decent, barely good on his day, the fact that Brazil at that particular time weren't particularly known for their top class CB picks is also a factor here.

For me, a player who's at Junior's level of quality mostly has to be lucky to win big titles in his career, not only that but to win football's biggest 2 titles as well. I think he is a lucky player, to play in that era for Brazil and to be a bench warmer at Milan as well when we were just going to start another great cycle under Ancelotti

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Nov 11 2015, 09:31 AM
Post #1974

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

Is there going to be a winter transfer thread or have we all given up on Milan's ability to get decent players? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Not that there is much to talk about. Some interesting rumors (eg Vazquez), but nothing concrete that I can see.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Nov 11 2015, 12:09 PM
Post #1975

Giovanissimi Regionali B

There is a rumor that Guidolin may replace Miha (link)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 11 2015, 04:49 PM
Post #1976

Vasquez? Is he good? Zamparini asks €30 million. That's a lot for a nobody.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Nov 11 2015, 05:10 PM
Post #1977

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 11 2015, 05:49 PM) *
Vasquez? Is he good? Zamparini asks €30 million. That's a lot for a nobody.

Yeah, sounds like way too much. And I don't think Zamparini is on the list of "Galliani's buddies", so it will probably not happen.

Seems like we are getting KPB back. Witsel and Sensi are also mentioned, as is Ranocchia (link).

FWIW, none of this makes me feel particularly comfortable. There must be better options out there ...

This post has been edited by Forza Milan!: Nov 11 2015, 05:12 PM

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Nov 12 2015, 12:43 PM
Post #1978

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Now linked to Veloso (link).

+Quote Post

132 Pages V  « < 130 131 132
Reply to this topicStart new topic
9 User(s) are reading this topic (9 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:49 PM