6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bayern head mocks Milan, That's what we're reduced to...

Zed.D
post Jan 7 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #1

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

Bayern head mocks Milan

Wednesday 7 January, 2009
Bayern Munich chief Uli Hoeness has blasted Milan for the way they handled their pre-season camp in Dubai.

The Rossoneri shared facilities in Dubai with Bayern ahead of their 2009 opening friendly against Hamburg.

With the world's Press swarming around new boy David Beckham, the whole exercise has been labelled a media circus by critics.

“The difference between us and them is that we played football whereas Milan thought they were on a Hollywood film set,” Hoeness smirked.

“My job is to run a football club and not to make sure that Victoria Beckham has the best suite in the hotel.

“I don't know why Milan accepted all these demands. It was just one big scene and only Steven Spielberg was missing.”

What happened to that respectful, prestigious club named AC Milan??

I really feel uncomfortable with all these big 'names'.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 7 2009, 10:47 PM
Post #2

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

No comment. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Jan 7 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #3

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 7 2009, 09:27 PM) *
What happened to that respectful, prestigious club named AC Milan??

I really feel uncomfortable with all these big 'names'.

Read my sig

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 7 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #4

Primavera

Thing is, Bayern is the only club that I consider as prestigious as Milan. if any other club's director had said this, I would have said ' go **** yourself' but to see the Bayern chief say something like this about us... it hurts. it hurts even more when I think to myself that there's no reason for people to lie about such thing. we've become like a circus and we all know it, even if some of us will never admit.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jan 7 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #5

Primavera

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Jan 8 2009, 02:25 AM) *
Read my sig

+1

I need to follow that! changing my sig now...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jan 7 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #6

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 7 2009, 10:56 PM) *
Thing is, Bayern is the only club that I consider as prestigious as Milan. if any other club's director had said this, I would have said ' go **** yourself' but to see the Bayern chief say something like this about us... it hurts. it hurts even more when I think to myself that there's no reason for people to lie about such thing. we've become like a circus and we all know it, even if some of us will never admit.

Now we agree, but partially.

I respect Bayern München as well, and also think Ulli Hoeneß is probably the world's best manager in football. But he certainly has a long tongue, he's uncontrolled sometimes, and says many things without much class. He simply does not choose his words properly. So...

...he's telling the truth. But... Milan have 110 years of prestige on their account. You can't loose all that in one night, not even in one generation. XI Beckhams in the starting line-up wouldn't destroy that reputation.

And in these days of recession and global shifts, I think soon Beckham will just be a faded moment, which brought us a financial plus.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 7 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #7

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 8 2009, 02:59 AM) *
Who's the next fading star in our fake Galacticos, Mr. Galliani?!...

Wait, let me answer that: Emerson? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This I'll agree with, fake Galacticos. Big names they are, but almost everyone has their best years behind them, and this includes Ronaldinho, Beckham, Shevchenko, Emerson, Zambrotta (unfortunately), and who knows what more. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Ronaldo (R99) was another case and another class, in that he managed to somewhat deliver when he was fit.

The Galacticos (I'm not even sure it's safe to call it that) we have now would have been half decent 5 years back - a la Madrid - but they are just the names now, not the players. Even though they still win us games every once in a while. We've made Milan seem like some rich Arab club that buys European talent just to show off. Pity.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 8 2009, 03:26 AM) *
Now we agree, but partially.

I respect Bayern München as well, and also think Ulli Hoeneß is probably the world's best manager in football. But he certainly has a long tongue, he's uncontrolled sometimes, and says many things without much class. He simply does not choose his words properly. So...

...he's telling the truth. But... Milan have 110 years of prestige on their account. You can't loose all that in one night, not even in one generation. XI Beckhams in the starting line-up wouldn't destroy that reputation.

And in these days of recession and global shifts, I think soon Beckham will just be a faded moment, which brought us a financial plus.

Excellent post. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) This I agree with completely! Particularly the 110 years and XI Beckhams part!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jan 8 2009, 01:05 AM
Post #8

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

I've never been a big fan of Uli, but..well, he is right. Unfortunately.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jan 8 2009, 06:07 AM
Post #9

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 7 2009, 02:26 PM) *

...he's telling the truth. But... Milan have 110 years of prestige on their account. You can't lose all that in one night, not even in one generation. XI Beckhams in the starting line-up wouldn't destroy that reputation.

Unfortunately, I can't agree with this post on R&B like I do here, or I'd get toasted.

Milan management were completely oblivious to the fact that the fans (not just us, but the hometown contingent) didn't want Beckham at the San Siro at all. Galliani and Co. really are trying to turn us into the Geriatric Galacticos. It's like a whole sports team experiencing a midlife crisis.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 8 2009, 06:34 AM
Post #10

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I don't know what Uli Hoeness is talking about. To be honest.

First off Beckham stayed in the private residence he owns I think. And the only time Victoria Beckham went to a private suite was probably when they had ritiro.

What does he mean Hollywood set? Does he mean the security guards? Is this bloke aware that there were death threats against Beckham because of the new Hebrew proverb he got tattooed? Bayern Munich as far as I'm concerned is the Hollywood of Bundesliga. That he cannot in any way get anything near the kind of attention held by Manchester, Milan, Madrid and Barca doesn't mean he should justify it with 'sour grapes' comments.

I'm sure he's a great manager, but then so is Del Nido. As far as I'm concerned Uli Hoeness can indeed go 'f@ck himself'. For the manager of a club, who's modus operandi is to buy the big names in the Bundesliga and staff his own team (owing I believe to a lack of attraction for other players), he shouldn't comment too much on 'galatico'.

Bah! I hope we don't comment on it. 2-0 at the Munich stadium is all I remember. So obviously we're running a better ship. How we do it is our business.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jan 8 2009, 07:15 AM
Post #11

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

It's 20-20: Hoeness (sp?) makes some good points, yet it also comes off as sour grapes.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 8 2009, 07:24 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

+1.

Perhaps Victoria shouldn't have been taken at all. But Beckham did observe ritiro and I didn't hear one bad thing about partying and cr@p. Yeesh...they're making Beckham sound like the anti-christ. He's no Adriano.

And c'mon it's Dubai. If they think Milan paid for anything they're crazy. This is Dubai, and they'll do anything to get the world's attention. Whatever little Milan spent, I'm sure they've got back from the friendly anyway.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 8 2009, 07:53 AM
Post #13

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Beckham isn't even the party type at all..

The only time you ever see him and the missus out is if it's to some awards show or something.

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Jan 8 2009, 08:23 AM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

this is just stupid

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jan 8 2009, 09:42 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 8 2009, 01:23 PM) *
Beckham isn't even the party type at all..

The only time you ever see him and the missus out is if it's to some awards show or something.

You don't know how much this means to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) I hereby declare you my blood brother. Any time I'm in need of blood I'll call you.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:01 PM