Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scolari: Don’t Destroy Pato

Is Milan putting too much pressure on Pato?
Is Milan putting too much pressure on Pato?
Yes [ 4 ] ** [26.67%]
No [ 8 ] ** [53.33%]
Maybe [ 3 ] ** [20.00%]
Total Votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 

redbabies
post Apr 4 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #1

'the Duck'

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 144

Former Brazil national team boss Luiz Felipe Scolari says that Milan sensation Alexandre Pato is being over-hyped, and is worried that this could have a negative effect on the teenager.

Pato was presented as the new phenomenon of Brazilian football when he signed for Milan from Internacional last summer.

Since making his debut for the Rossoneri in January, the 18-year-old has not disappointed, and has already scored seven goals in just 14 Serie A appearances.

However Brazil’s 2002 World Cup-winning boss Luiz Felipe Scolari is worried that the striker is receiving too much praise, and is being over-hyped.

"Alexandre Pato is a great player, but is not currently outstanding,” said the Gene Hackman-lookalike, who is now in charge of Portugal.

"To make sure that he becomes a phenomenon we have to see how he handles the lifestyle that goes with playing on and off the pitch.

"Right now he is great, but we cannot get too enthusiastic. If we force him onto the red carpet, he could also stumble."

Pato had a sensational international debut, when he came off the bench to score Brazil’s winner in their 1-0 friendly win over Sweden last week in London.

--------------
goal
-------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Apr 4 2008, 03:22 PM
Post #2

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

Pato's got it and that's it. He won't all of a sudden lose it or anything like that. He will have ups and downs and obstacles along the way, just like Kaka's situation right now, but he will become one of the best.

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 4 2008, 04:15 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

He's already found his woman and he plans to get married this year or the next one. This to me shows he's a man that knows what he wants and has "his brains inside his head"...

+Quote Post

mallamkay
post Apr 5 2008, 01:23 AM
Post #4

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,145

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 4 2008, 04:15 PM)
He's already found his woman and he plans to get married this year or the next one. This to me shows he's a man that knows what he wants and has "his brains inside his head"...

he is just like kaka

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Apr 5 2008, 01:59 AM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

he's got what it takes in my opinion FORZA PATO !!!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 5 2008, 06:24 AM
Post #6

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 4 2008, 03:15 PM)

Hmm. I think quite the opposite for this. He's barely 18 and he's already thinking of marriage? It seems a bit early for me, I bet he barely even knows the girl properly. Even when you're an adult it can take years, and years, until you truly know you want to marry that person, I wonder how long he's even known her. Heck, my parents have known each other for 25 years and still aren't married.

But he does seem to have his head in the right place when he's on the field, he does make mistakes here and there, but that's because he's so young. I always had belief in him, but I never would have imagined he'd have come good this early. I thought he'd barely play - I even said he'd have as much impact as Ba this season - how wrong was I!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:04 AM