Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [UC] UEFA Cup 07/08

kurtsimonw
post May 14 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #361

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Oh dear. It's rumoured that a Russian fan has been stabbed by rioting Rangers fans after the game. But because the game is in England, no doubt it will all be our fault. United and Chelsea fans, I suggest you take stab vests over to Russia!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post May 14 2008, 11:02 PM
Post #362

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 15 2008, 12:38 AM)
I disagree with you on both accounts. Rangers were not in any way lucky to get through those games, they deserved it, to say otherwise and it's obvious you're bitter that they knocked out Fiorentina.

Victory for football? obviously Villa have unjustly made Europea this season then, shame you think that way!

I wasn't talking about Zenit really, they deserbed to win. I'm more annoyed that the team that is going to beat us to 4th place is.. average. They have the majority of the posession over 180 minutes and di nothing with it.

Yes I am bitter than they knocked out the Viola but I'm not a Viola fan thus it's not so big disappointment for me to be blinded by it.

Honestly, Rangers are the worst team I've ever seen in a European club cup final. Although, to their credit, they did try to play some football in the second half and even created a good chance with Darcheville when it was still 0-0.

Villa? I have only seen a couple of games of your team (one was against Arsenal and the other one against Liverpool) and in these two you certainly did not play so negatively. You kept possession at times and when you were attacking you did so with a system. I have seen most of Rangers' UEFA Cup games this season and my opinion is that their play is a slander for football. I'm not against defensive-minded football at all but Rangers were not even playing football to start with...

They used all their nine lives to go to the final and it would be a big shame if they won. I feel very very good that they lost!

Well Fiorentina are not a great team but we've been **** all season... we can't blame them for taking advantage of it (so far).. it's out own fault. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post May 14 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #363

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 15 2008, 12:48 AM)
Oh dear. It's rumoured that a Russian fan has been stabbed by rioting Rangers fans after the game. But because the game is in England, no doubt it will all be our fault. United and Chelsea fans, I suggest you take stab vests over to Russia!

Damn. I hope it's nothing serious. It's sad cause both the Zenit and Rangers fans were excellent inside the stadium (from what I could see via the TV).

I suppose this could be a result of drinking. Whether that's true or false, something should be done about it... of course drinking can't be banned but people themselves should realize that they should put a limit to it...

I heard there were 9 million cans of beer sold in Manchester the last couple of days! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

----

On another note: I really liked the officiating of tonight's match! I think the ref and his assistants were very good and I'm glad to see a ref that doesn't take advantage of the importance of the event to become a protagonist!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 14 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #364

Prima Squadra

I just don't think you like Rangers! I could be wrong though.

Their system isn't the most entertaining and it is defensive, but you can't really knock a team who is probably going to win the treble this year, they know wht they're doing.

As for us.. we play counter-attacking football. To do so you have to defend alot.

But a big congratulations to Zenit. I thought Leverkusen were going to knock them out. But to then go on and beat them, Bayern and Rangers will relative ease is very impressive.

+Quote Post

dst
post May 14 2008, 11:21 PM
Post #365

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 15 2008, 01:09 AM)
I just don't think you like Rangers! I could be wrong though.

Their system isn't the most entertaining and it is defensive, but you can't really knock a team who is probably going to win the treble this year, they know wht they're doing.

As for us.. we play counter-attacking football. To do so you have to defend alot.

But a big congratulations to Zenit. I thought Leverkusen were going to knock them out. But to then go on and beat them, Bayern and Rangers will relative ease is very impressive.

I have nothing against Rangers. I mean the club in general... but the way they've played in the UEFA Cup I really don't like... I do credit them for fielding 7 Scots in their starting XI though! And Zenit also fielded 8 Russians, that's very positive!

I may sound over-dramatic but I honestly believe what I'm saying... I have only watched their UEFA Cup games and I'm commenting based on that. Their play is certainly appalling for me but it's working so... what's bad is not necessarily ineffective too. Also, I'm quite sure they must be doing something more in the championship cause there you actually have to score goals, the games do not end with pk shoot-outs...

Like I said I don't think defending is bad. I really liked Cuéllar from Rangers. He was their best player tonight and also in the 2nd leg game vs Fiorentina. He is a great defender for this type of games but I'd like to see him on more open games too to be able to have a more complete opinion.

Yes, Zenit did very well. Congratulations to them!

This post has been edited by dst: May 14 2008, 11:21 PM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 15 2008, 05:32 AM
Post #366

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Congrats to Zenit (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

But what happened in Manchester, a disgrace! Why the hell would they offer to host the final, if they cant keep things in orderly fashion in the first place!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 15 2008, 03:38 PM
Post #367

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 15 2008, 04:32 AM)
But what happened in Manchester, a disgrace!  Why the hell would they offer to host the final, if they cant keep things in orderly fashion in the first place!

What are you talking about? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: May 15 2008, 04:40 PM

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post May 15 2008, 05:46 PM
Post #368

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

B@stard Rangers fans trashed up Manchester

Have they no honour in destroying a city as holy as my birthplace

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 15 2008, 05:48 PM
Post #369

Prima Squadra

Don't be silly. If anything violent happens in football it's always the fault of the English. It doesn't matter if Rangers stab Russians and trash Manchester, it's our fault. God, do you never read what R7 has to say?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 15 2008, 05:56 PM
Post #370

Smoking Bianco

Excuse me ?!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 15 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #371

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 15 2008, 04:56 PM)
Excuse me ?!

But what happened in Manchester, a disgrace! Why the hell would they offer to host the final, if they cant keep things in orderly fashion in the first place!

This, and the numerous times United fans were stabbed in Rome.

But you always seem to point your finger at the way of us. Hmm, very interesting.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post May 15 2008, 06:18 PM
Post #372

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Please guys, can we stop the fingerpointing?

Thanks.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 15 2008, 06:24 PM
Post #373

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 15 2008, 07:58 PM)
This, and the numerous times United fans were stabbed in Rome.

But you always seem to point your finger at the way of us. Hmm, very interesting.

Ah good ... So you don't see what I was trying to point out there ?

The United fans were stabbed in the bars that Roma Ultras go to. They weren't stabbed in the Stadio Olimpico or anywhere touristic where there is always tight security since it is the capital and it is a very touristic place.

Whiles what happened in Manchester, just now, was while fans were waiting in line .. They were at Old Trafford. Fans, Rangers fans claimed that there wasn't enough security for a feat like the UEFA cup final.

There is a difference there Kurt.

p.s. us ?! you mean the English ? btw, I hold the British passport and I am a tax payer .. So don't tell me 'us'.

+Quote Post

Habitant
post May 15 2008, 06:28 PM
Post #374

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,763

they were stabbed after the game outside, in the streets where the riots took place. if it was that easy to control a riot well, they would never take place.

unless at old trafford theres "stab me" line

This post has been edited by Habitant: May 15 2008, 06:31 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post May 15 2008, 06:39 PM
Post #375

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 15 2008, 05:24 PM)
The United fans were stabbed in the bars that Roma Ultras go to. They weren't stabbed in the Stadio Olimpico or anywhere touristic where there is always tight security since it is the capital and it is a very touristic place.

Whiles what happened in Manchester, just now, was while fans were waiting in line .. They were at Old Trafford. Fans, Rangers fans claimed that there wasn't enough security for a feat like the UEFA cup final.

There is a difference there Kurt.
p.s. us ?! you mean the English ? btw, I hold the British passport and I am a tax payer .. So don't tell me 'us'.

Rangers fans went in the Zenit end, how on earth is that the polices fault? They had a ticket for that end and got in. If it's anybodys fault, it's ZSPs for selling their tickets to Rangers fans!

You obviously have no clue what happened as you said Old Trafford, why on earth were the Zenit and Rangers fans there!? the game was at the CoM Stadium.

For your information, there was more police for this than there was the 2003 European Cup Final. Over 100,000 Rangers fans without tickets came to Manchester, what on earth were the police meant to do? At least they did a better job, with very few injuries, while trying to stop 150,000+ causing trouble than what happened in Rome.

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 23 24 25 26 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:17 PM