Fillipo Simone
post Mar 13 2018, 11:03 PM
Post #241

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 13 2018, 09:46 PM) *
Disagree, you really can't tell how a Primavera kid is going to adjust when playing with the seniors, no matter how good he's doing with the other kids, it's always impossible to tell how they'll adapt, even if the talent factor is off the charts it's a difficult thing to gauge

Don't tell me that having a roster of 3 strikers consists of two redundant kid strikers/talents and a mediocre striker is a good choice? The management could have assessed Cutrone more carefully; but having two young kids fight for one position is always a bad choice.

We made too many redundant signings overall.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 14 2018, 12:11 AM
Post #242

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Silva was brought in as the next big thing. Cutrone exploded in the summer friendlies. I wouldn't put them in the same bracket.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 14 2018, 12:23 AM
Post #243

Primavera
Group Icon

Nevertheless redundant. Cutrone obviously was underrated while Silva was also obviously overrated.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 14 2018, 12:49 AM
Post #244

I wouldn't say Silva was overrated. He's still a question mark. He could very easily hit it big next season.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 14 2018, 01:02 AM
Post #245

Primavera
Group Icon

Overrated in the sense that he would leave an imprint on the team immediately. His hefty transfer fee suggest that we really counted on him to work for us as soon as he arrives.

But let's wrap it up; we signed too many redundant players and completely missed the balance.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 14 2018, 04:20 PM
Post #246

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

Look, I think you're right when you say that we signed too many redundant players. Overall we went for quantity over quality. I'm not saying the new signings weren't good players but they're not top class, or the level we need if we want to get to the CL and be competitive in more than one front.

We changed almost the entire first 11, and we've suffered the consequences of that by starting the season very poorly and that will most likely cost us CL football next season, because we took a long time to get all the elements to work together. Now, I personally think that Rino is getting the elements to work. It's just that we have a ceiling with these players and it's not high enough to reach the aspirations that we have.

That being said, I feel that overall, most signings were good. And have helped to improve the quality from last season by a decent margin. It also means that next summer what we really need to work on is getting only 3 or 4 top quality signings and a couple of good bench players to give Rino (or whoever will be coach) a deeper bench which is a problem for us now

I personally think that if we get a LB, CM, ST and maybe a second CM all of high quality to replace obvious weaker points in the squad and we move the current starters in those positions to the bench then we have a great shot at competing.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 14 2018, 05:19 PM
Post #247

^ I read in an article a few days ago that this summer we'll most likely sign free agents and cheap players because we spent too much money last summer.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 14 2018, 05:32 PM
Post #248

Primavera
Group Icon

Well, I think we invested too much and gained too little. We signed solid players, but the level they're showing could have been signed for much less money. We broke the bank, splashed record sums but got left with the necessity of signing quality players - in other words - for spending big sums yet again.

If this summer will consist of freebies and cheap players.... well... I don't wanna sound depressing. But I think it will be the final nail in our coffin. Napoli, Roma and Inter are getting better, the new CL will mean more economic gain and stability to these teams. In a matter of few seasons Milan will be completely transformed into a Fiorentina at best. With no viable way to reach past glory/level.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 14 2018, 08:35 PM
Post #249

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 14 2018, 05:19 PM) *
^ I read in an article a few days ago that this summer we'll most likely sign free agents and cheap players because we spent too much money last summer.

I think this mostly stems from the fact that we've signed Reina on a free and are looking to sign 2 other players on frees. I'm not saying I agree with any of the signings (Reina is obviously in the case of Raiola pushing Donna for a move).

Let's see what happens, I also read that we're looking to sign only 3 quality players this summer, so it's all up in the air

But if this is the case, then that makes the 200m we threw around last summer seem really stupid and I agree Filippo, if we continue to get left behind for more seasons then there is no way back for us. We'll see what the Chinese owners are made of but atm there a very huge veil over everything and it is a big cause for concern

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 18 2018, 11:41 PM
Post #250

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Lazio drew again today

Atm we're -4 from them and -5 from Inter

I don't know what will happen, if we lose against Juve and draw Inter then we'll most likely be out of the race for 4th. If only we hadn't lost so many points against the lower placed sides at the start of the season we'd be in a much better position now.

Even though I still have hope we have only a 25% chance of getting that 4th spot. Lazio keep dropping points right now, but Inter are picking up again. I just honestly can't see us being as perfect as we need to be to get that. We'd need at least 4 points from the derby and Juve, full point against Sassuolo and probably we'd need to beat Napoli as well, plus continuing to pick up full points from the lower placed sides. Just too difficult right now

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Mar 19 2018, 05:54 AM
Post #251

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

inter also have to play juve and then interestingly the last game is between lazio-inter. So could be going down to wire the race for 4th. We just need to ensure that we dont drop any random points like we could have had yesterday.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 19 2018, 09:30 AM
Post #252

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Mar 19 2018, 05:54 AM) *
inter also have to play juve and then interestingly the last game is between lazio-inter. So could be going down to wire the race for 4th. We just need to ensure that we dont drop any random points like we could have had yesterday.

This is my optimistic view

Milan

Juventus (A) - L
Inter (H) - D
Sassuolo (H) - W
Napoli (H) - D
Torino (A) - W
Benevento (H) - W
Bologna (A) - W
Verona (H) - W
Atalanta (A) - D
Fiorentina (H) - W

Total = 21 Points

Inter

Verona (H) - W
Milan (A) - D
Torino (A) - W
Atalanta (A) - D
Cagliari (H) - W
Chievo (A) - W
Juventus (H) - L
Udinese (A) - W
Sassuolo (H) - W
Lazio (A) - D

Total = 21 Points

Lazio

Benevento (H) - W
Udinese (A) - W
Roma (H) - L
Fiorentina (A) - D
Sampdoria (H) - W
Torino (A) - W
Atalanta (H) - D
Crotone (A) - W
Inter (H) - D

Total = 18 Points

That would end our season in 5th. I can't see Inter continue to drop points like they were doing, while Lazio are hitting a bit of a slump

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Mar 19 2018, 11:50 AM
Post #253

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

need to be less optimistic about inter then i suppose (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Mar 19 2018, 12:50 PM
Post #254

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

I could see Inter slipping up against Lazio, Udinese, and Atalanta. The issue is that we need to essentially win out to have a real chance of catching up to them.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 19 2018, 03:34 PM
Post #255

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Mar 19 2018, 11:50 AM) *
need to be less optimistic about inter then i suppose (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Really? You think I'm being optimistic about them?

I generally went in terms of match ups on paper. Plus I took the fact that they're picking up form again into consideration

I really can't see them losing points against Verona, Torino, Cagliari, Chievo, Udinese or Sassuolo tbh

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:50 AM