> Winter Transfers 2012

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 1 2011, 09:11 AM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

All talk about the winter transfer window/January window here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Sep 1 2011, 09:56 AM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

I think Ganso will come in January, since he wanted to play in World Cup for teams and we didn't sign anyone in his position, so that makes me think that we've saved that place for him. He would be very necessary since we have a lack of creativity in our midfield.
With the signing of Nocenrino, we're definitely fulled with defansive midfielders (Van Bommel, Nocerino, Flamini, Ambrosini and Gattuso) and I can see us playing with an aggressive and physical midfield.
I don't expect other positions to get refreshed with a player, unless Cassano leaves in January, or any long time term injury occurs to any player, like Abate or Ibrahimovic.

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Sep 1 2011, 09:56 AM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 1 2011, 10:32 AM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

I think we'll sign Montolivo as well. And maybe a fullback or striker, whatever we'll be needing more.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 1 2011, 10:37 AM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 1 2011, 09:56 AM) *
I think Ganso will come in January, since he wanted to play in World Cup for teams and we didn't sign anyone in his position, so that makes me think that we've saved that place for him. He would be very necessary since we have a lack of creativity in our midfield.
With the signing of Nocenrino, we're definitely fulled with defansive midfielders (Van Bommel, Nocerino, Flamini, Ambrosini and Gattuso) and I can see us playing with an aggressive and physical midfield.
I don't expect other positions to get refreshed with a player, unless Cassano leaves in January, or any long time term injury occurs to any player, like Abate or Ibrahimovic.

There is talk that Montolivo already has an agreement with Milan for January, while the non EU spot has been intentionally left for Ganso. If these 2 were to come in and we get a decent draw in the CL last 16, then we can make a serious push in Europe.

So hopefully by next summer we'll see the project Galliani and Ibra talked of finally showing the fruits of its labour

Over the last 2 summers

In

Zlatan, Robinho, Cassano

Boateng, van Bommel, Emanuelson, Aquilani, Nocerino, El Shaarawy

Mexes, Taiwo, Yepes

Amelia

Out

Huntelaar, Borriello, Ronaldinho

Pirlo

Kaladze, Favalli, Onyewu, Oddo, Jankulovski

Dida, Storari

Add Monto and Ganso to the IN list, and add Rino, Ambro, Seedorf and Pippo in the Out list (I'm ok with the latter 2 staying, but we'd have too many players on the roster, so giving those 4 guys a final send off this season would be what's best)

There has also been talk of De Rossi, another player who's out of contract next summer, if he doesn't renew this season, then there is a chance he'd come. We'd be building a very solid Italian core for the next 5 to 6 years if these 3 players came in, Ganso is just the added Brazilian flair

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 1 2011, 10:40 AM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 1 2011, 10:32 AM) *
I think we'll sign Montolivo as well. And maybe a fullback or striker, whatever we'll be needing more.

What do you think of Ziegler? He has openly admitted that there is trouble with Conte... Moratta is not known for his business savvy so we can get him on the cheap if they want him out. I don't think we need any strikers... Plus I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing Balotelli in the near future (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 1 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #6

Primavera
Group Icon

I hope we fail signing Balo in the near future. He's a bomb set on self-destruct, and I don't wanna see Milan as a collateral victim.

As for the 4 mentioned; I'm not sure Ambro and Rino think about retirement, while leaving also won't be an option, at least not for Ambro. I'm fine with Pippo, Ambro and Clarence staying for another season as they seem to accept a small and limited, but still very important role. Rino could leave.

I also see Flamini and Emanuelson leaving. The latter maybe even in January.

Ziegler? I think he'd be a very handy gift from Juve, he was really good for Samp and I can't believe Conte made his mind up so fast.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 1 2011, 11:07 AM
Post #7

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Balo is great fun to watch, when he's not on your team. I'd rather we didn't sign him.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 1 2011, 11:38 AM
Post #8

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 1 2011, 10:56 AM) *
I hope we fail signing Balo in the near future. He's a bomb set on self-destruct, and I don't wanna see Milan as a collateral victim.

As for the 4 mentioned; I'm not sure Ambro and Rino think about retirement, while leaving also won't be an option, at least not for Ambro. I'm fine with Pippo, Ambro and Clarence staying for another season as they seem to accept a small and limited, but still very important role. Rino could leave.

I also see Flamini and Emanuelson leaving. The latter maybe even in January.

Ziegler? I think he'd be a very handy gift from Juve, he was really good for Samp and I can't believe Conte made his mind up so fast.

I don't know, I'd rather we keep Flamini for a much reduced wage, he's a good squad player to have. I think most people's problem with him is that he earns so much, should he be on a decent wage of aroud 2 to 3m, then most would be happy to have him as a squad player.

If they don't want to play for another team then fair enough, offer them a back room position, they can be a real asset in that sense, but as players on the team, aside from Seedorf, none of them have anything left to offer us. Which is why a big send off would be appropriate, thanks them for all they've given to the team, but not renew their contracts, please for the love of everything good in this world, we cannot keep renewing these contracts. As can be seen from the moves above, we're making great strides towards starting a new cycle with younger players, should the 2 Italians and Ganso arrive within the next 2 transfer windows, then the midfield old gaurd can be let go.

I classify Urby the same as Flamini, only he doesn't earn a ridiculous wage, he's a great squad player to have around. I'd certainly rather keep him then Rino or Ambro... But I do agree with what you said, he can be used as a bargaining chip for the Monto deal in January, trade the players and add 1 or 2m for Fiorentina, smooth th deal over quick. But as I said, I'd really like to see us keep him, plus he seems to be very happy here.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 1 2011, 11:07 AM) *
Balo is great fun to watch, when he's not on your team. I'd rather we didn't sign him.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 1 2011, 11:50 AM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

I don't know, I'd rather we keep Flamini for a much reduced wage, he's a good squad player to have. I think most people's problem with him is that he earns so much, should he be on a decent wage of aroud 2 to 3m, then most would be happy to have him as a squad player.

I don't think it comes only to the wage problem; Flamini is an average team player, and I think players like Nocerino can easily replace his contribution and at the same time give even something more/new. Flamini had his up's and down's, and if he decides to stay with highly reduced wages and a backup status it would be fine, but all in all he's very expendable and replaceable.

As for the 4, yes, we'll see about that. But you are wrong about Pippo, he still can offer goals none of the strikers we have in our roster bar Ibra can deliver. It's that undefinable Pippo effect, especially in CL (BATE and Pilsen). Seedorf can be a transitional bonus, like Rui was to Kaka. Especially if Ganso will be signed.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Sep 1 2011, 11:58 AM
Post #10

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

in regards to ganso at the end of last jan market it was believed that ganso to milan is done for summer... same thing at the end of this market so I wouldnt believe it until it actually happens... as for montilovo as he didnt go anyhere else he is most likely coming in jan for very little fee IMO

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 1 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 1 2011, 10:50 AM) *
I don't think it comes only to the wage problem; Flamini is an average team player, and I think players like Nocerino can easily replace his contribution and at the same time give even something more/new. Flamini had his up's and down's, and if he decides to stay with highly reduced wages and a backup status it would be fine, but all in all he's very expendable and replaceable.

As for the 4, yes, we'll see about that. But you are wrong about Pippo, he still can offer goals none of the strikers we have in our roster bar Ibra can deliver. It's that undefinable Pippo effect, especially in CL (BATE and Pilsen). Seedorf can be a transitional bonus, like Rui was to Kaka. Especially if Ganso will be signed.

Nocerino is mostly a Rino replacement imo. Flamini would still be needed, especially if we don't plan to sign another DM in the near future. But as you said, if he doesn't accept the decreased wage then he should be let go. As I pointed above, DDR is out of contract this summer, so I'm holding my breath big time on that. If he doesn't renew then he'll most likely move to a top Italian team and we've been linked a lot while the others haven't. This could be a huge opportunity for us to replace VB and Ambro

Also, I was mostly talking about the midfielders that don't have anything left to offer us, Pippo doesn't really both me either way, he's a good bonus o have, plus our attack is already great, so he's not holding it back from improvment like Ambro and Rino are.

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Sep 1 2011, 10:58 AM) *
in regards to ganso at the end of last jan market it was believed that ganso to milan is done for summer... same thing at the end of this market so I wouldnt believe it until it actually happens... as for montilovo as he didnt go anyhere else he is most likely coming in jan for very little fee IMO

Well Ganso said he wants to play the CWC, which is what pushed a move back. Whether he comes to Milan or goes to another team, he'll most likely leave in January and I think we're in a good position to sign him.

Also a lot of player will be out of contract come next summer. DDR and Monto should be top priorities while Astori and Adler (GK) are also out of contract IIRC

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 1 2011, 12:19 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Clicky (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Apparently Antonio Galliani signed Antonio Nocerino, according to our website at least....

Don't they check this stuff? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

amancik
post Sep 1 2011, 12:35 PM
Post #13

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 1 2011, 07:19 PM) *
Clicky (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Apparently Antonio Galliani signed Antonio Nocerino, according to our website at least....

Don't they check this stuff? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Maybe it's his brother (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 1 2011, 12:37 PM
Post #14

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 1 2011, 11:37 AM) *
There has also been talk of De Rossi, another player who's out of contract next summer, if he doesn't renew this season, then there is a chance he'd come. We'd be building a very solid Italian core for the next 5 to 6 years if these 3 players came in, Ganso is just the added Brazilian flair

De Rossi would be great. Let's hope Galliani manages to convince him like he did with Mexes.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 1 2011, 12:50 PM) *

You do realize that Inzaghi will be 39 next season. I'd be extremely surprised if he decided not to hang his boots at the end of this season.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 1 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

Also a lot of player will be out of contract come next summer. DDR and Monto should be top priorities while Astori and Adler (GK) are also out of contract IIRC

Rene Adler? He was a great keeper, but we ain't gonna go for him, because he's too injury prone. Look at his past few seasons, none of which he ended up without one serious injury. He started approximately at the same moment as Neuer and was better (at least IMO), while nowadays Neure clearly tops him.

Astori could be interesting. De Rossi should be top priority, he'd be great and we'd finally have a real Italian champion in our team.

You do realize that Inzaghi will be 39 next season. I'd be extremely surprised if he decided not to hang his boots at the end of this season.

I do. Well, it's completely up to him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

126 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:04 PM