2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pirlo's Return!

Dilemma for the midfield!
Who will be benched now that Pirlo's back?
Gattuso [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Ambrosini [ 8 ] ** [38.10%]
Seedorf [ 10 ] ** [47.62%]
Ronaldinho [ 1 ] ** [4.76%]
Kaka [ 1 ] ** [4.76%]
Nobody - It's the bench for Pirlo [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Other (explain your pick) [ 1 ] ** [4.76%]
Total Votes: 21
Guests cannot vote 

Tennie
post Nov 13 2008, 12:40 AM
Post #1

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

Andrea Pirlo is back to training with the team after his injury. Now that his return to the team is imminent - and may come this weekend - what's to be done about the midfield lineup? Whose place will he take? Anyone's?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 13 2008, 12:55 AM
Post #2

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Seedorf. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) He is getting slower by the day, and besides he'll play better when he comes on after the hour mark. Thanks for all you've done, turtle, but it's about time.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 13 2008, 01:05 AM
Post #3

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Seedorf. Having him and Ronaldinho on the field together is worse than playing with 3 DMs, and ROnaldinho has been better than Seedorf this season, so it has to be the bench for him!

+Quote Post

Darunia
post Nov 13 2008, 02:50 AM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,240

With Pirlo back, Carlo will go with this midfield:

Gattuso Pirlo Ambrosini/Flamini
Kaka Ronaldinho

The DMs will rotate in general, Seedorf will drop to the bench.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 13 2008, 12:47 PM
Post #5

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

I strongly believe with Pirlo's return we won't play with 2 strikers anymore. we just can't! it'll be the Christmas tree most of the time.

+Quote Post

Il Diavolo
post Nov 13 2008, 11:33 PM
Post #6

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 5,658

It depends. Ambro is not 100 % sure even without Pirlo since we play with 2 strikers at San Siro. I vote for him, but as I said, different opponents, different formations. Seedorf will also be a substitue at times. Same goes for Ricky, Ronaldinho and even Pirlo. We simply have too many players in midfield. Gattuso seems to be the only "sure" one. Which is more than great.

+Quote Post

Rivaldo
post Nov 14 2008, 11:01 AM
Post #7

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,063

Seedorf or Dinho. I think Dinho.

Carletto will play with 2 DM - fact! + Pirlo + Kaka + striker. And Seedorf I think isbetter for Carletto than Dinho.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 14 2008, 11:27 AM
Post #8

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

IMO Carlo plays Dinho a lot, because he has this one season to somehow or the other get the Kaka-Ronaldinho combination into top gear. He has the freedom to experiment a lot (the same players don't mean the same tactics), and with our target being Serie A, he can afford a few hiccups like against Lecce. He intends R80-K22 to replace the old Pippo-Sheva combo he had. Can't blame him. The Kaka-Ronaldinho combo is lethal...way too lethal. The only thing we need is a box-to-box who can start from deep mid-field like Essien and help in the scoring as well as track back to put pressure on opposing offence. But I'd like to think the way things are going, Rino might decide to turn it up. Flamini is of course intended to play this role too, but he's not been keeping well so...

If Pirlo comes in, I won't be surprised to see us back to one-DM, since now keeping possession and dealing with packed mid-fields is no longer the top priority issue.

The only gripe with 1 DM is Rino is showing this whole new facet of himself as a forward roaming player, and I'd hate to cut it back and make him a pure destroyer again.

This post has been edited by Jack Sparrow: Nov 14 2008, 11:32 AM

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 14 2008, 11:37 AM
Post #9

Berretti

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 14 2008, 03:27 PM) *
Carlo plays Dinho a lot, because he has this one season to somehow or the other get the Kaka-Ronaldinho combination into top gear. He intends it to replace the old Pippo-Sheva combo he had. Can't blame him. The Kaka-Ronaldinho combo is lethal...way too lethal. The only thing we need is a Lampard like box-to-box who can start from deep mid-field like Essien. But I'd like to think the way things are going, Rino might decide to turn it up.

Why Lampard-like when we can get the man himself? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) He isn't going to get anywhere in Europe by staying in Chelsea. A bit over the age, but then again we wub players over 30.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 14 2008, 11:38 AM
Post #10

Berretti

And don't edit your posts when I'm talking to you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) I hate it when this happens! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 14 2008, 11:59 AM
Post #11

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 14 2008, 10:37 AM) *
Why Lampard-like when we can get the man himself? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) He isn't going to get anywhere in Europe by staying in Chelsea. A bit over the age, but then again we wub players over 30.

I'd rather he stayed at Chelsea to be honest. If he left, it would pretty much hand the title to United. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 14 2008, 12:02 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 14 2008, 10:27 AM) *
Flamini is of course intended to play this role too, but he's not been keeping well so...

He'll be a great signing for the team, no doubt, he's the type of player we've needed for a while. We have had quite a one dimensional team for a while, very defensive players, or very attacking players, haven't often had a guy with the right mix, but Flamini can do anything.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 14 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #13

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

^^

+1

I honestly don't know where all this 'Flamini hasn't been in good form' come from. he is dong really good in my eyes. sure, he's had his share of bad games like anybody else on the team, but people need to be reminded Flamini has been with us for just three months or so... what more could we expect from him, especially with the injury(ies) he's had?

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 14 2008, 01:23 PM
Post #14

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

He's not been in bad form....just not been in extraordinary form. But Rino's resurgence has kind of shown up Ambro and Flamini in a poorer light. And before the Lecce match,for a couple of weeks Emerson had also suddenly decided to roll back the years.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 14 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #15

Berretti

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 14 2008, 05:23 PM) *
He's not been in bad form....just not been in extraordinary form. But Rino's resurgence has kind of shown up Ambro and Flamini in a poorer light. And before the Lecce match,for a couple of weeks Emerson had also suddenly decided to roll back the years.

Yeah, and then he decided to rollback the roll back in our last match. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Stupid, number-5 leech!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:36 PM