Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OUR DESIRE, Carlo Ancelotti's Interview (Sep 17 08)

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 18 2008, 08:39 AM
Post #1

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

I think this is the expanded version of what 10ie already told us.

Club, players and staff: amongst them there is a common desire to come out of this moment. We must continue to be more precise, careful and hard working. CARLO ANCELOTTI’S DECLARATIONS

MILANELLO – Here is today’s press conference, divided into the main topics touched by coach Carlo Ancelotti, following the questions of the journalists present at the Press Hall of Milanello.

ANDREA PIRLO’S INJURY:
“Tomorrow,” debuted the Rossoneri’s coach, “Andrea evidently will not be present, just like Inzaghi. We shall give some rest to Zambrotta, whereas Gattuso will not be available yet. All the others are available, including Ronaldinho and Shevchenko who are working on their own, probably will not play the entire game against Zurich but will be available. Back to Pirlo, the players who can play instead of him are first of all Flamini, and Emerson. Right now Flamini is in form, whereas Emerson, who has recovered from his injury must now find the right condition."

THE SQUAD’S MOMENT:
“The moment is very delicate, but I see a will which is not common from everyone to come out of this period. I see the club very close to us as it has a very clear way of evaluating the current moment, and I see in the players a strong desire to put behind us this moment. For this reason we’re on the right track to solve the difficulties we have. It’s difficult to say if the situation is more complicated than November 2001. What I know for certain is that we can interpret this moment in a clear way. The team has not yet found itself because it was never together. Now we work together at Milanello and we play together the games. This allows us to find more efficient solutions.

Monday’s meeting at the club? There was auto criticism by everyone, therefore even mine, as I made some mistakes. The auto criticism was very clear and also very serene I must say.

THE UEFA CUP AND THE MATCH AGAINST ZURICH:
“We're sorry,” continued Carlo Ancelotti, “That we can’t play in the Champions League. We consider this a year of purgatory from this point of view. The Uefa Cup does not give the same motivations, but if we will have the ability to arrive until March, even the Uefa Cup could become a very interesting competition. I understand that it’s a secondary objective right now, but the dream of playing a Uefa Cup final is an important motivation. However, now we must think to do well tomorrow's game for two reasons: the first one is that a nice win and a good performance could make us breathe a bit, because right now we are not breathing, we're under water; the second one is that a good result could open us the road for the group phase and therefore it would allows us to already see the path towards the games in March. I understand that ahead of tomorrow's game there's pressure on the team, there’s worry, but in football just like the problems which arrive straight away, at the same time they can also be solved quickly. Tomorrow it's an occasion to try and find the right push to solve the problems. Zurich? It's a lively team, they do not have extraordinary abilities, but have a good organization of the game. They play with a classic 4-4-2, with an attacker who moves a lot and a strong one. On the wings they are a very dynamic team and play with good rhythms. Zurich is at the top of the Swiss league, therefore they are a team used to attack and to play openly.”

THE INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS:
“The post-game of Ronaldinho in Brazil is a topic on which the club commented. He denied his presence up to midday and we believe him. Here at Milanello, I must say that he is working in a very professional way. The moment imposes us to be very precise, careful and hard-working. It’s a moment which must be lived like this. This morning both Ronaldinho and Shevchenko did a good individual work following yesterday’s tests. The differentiated work will continue for them even in the coming days, combined with the work with the rest of the group. The priority is to improve their condition, but inside this priority they can also play, for example tomorrow, even 40-50 minutes of the game. Tomorrow Maldini will rest. In goal Dida will play as I believe that he is reliable. Yesterday Dida did some tests that he hadn’t done for a long time and the things for him on the physical level are going well. Now he must find the confidence in goal. Abbiati right now is doing better as he proved also on Sunday, but Dida must try to take advantage of the chances like the one of tomorrow to find confidence. Senderos? For tomorrow he is not available. I hope that he is for Sunday. Gattuso? I hope he’s available for the game against Lazio. After all it's been from the second day following the injury that Rino started to run again, therefore on the physical level he is ready. Pato? We spoke and I think that the meeting had positive effects. I think that he understood what a player of his qualities must do when he goes on the pitch.”

I don't know why he's comparing it to November 2001. It's only 2 games into the season.

This post has been edited by Jack Sparrow: Sep 18 2008, 08:40 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 18 2008, 08:49 AM
Post #2

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 18 2008, 12:39 PM) *
I don't know why he's comparing it to November 2001. It's only 2 games into the season.

Apparently to some people, players, coaches, fans, journalists, and administration it's something different. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) I mean it's not everyday you see Milan lingering in the 19th position. Two games against small clubs, and still haven't gotten off the mark. Different, huh?

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Sep 18 2008, 08:58 AM
Post #3

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

^^

I completely agree that we should've beaten them, but both Genoa and Bologna are amongst the most successful Italian teams and they, especially Genoa, have a really good team right now. but as I said it means nothing as MILAN should be able to beat any team.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 18 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Yes..we should have beaten them...but I'm talking specifically about the state of affairs in 2001.

+Quote Post

dst
post Sep 18 2008, 01:43 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Dida will play! MizNelson must be... well I can't say it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 18 2008, 01:51 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

About MizNelson...I heard about a million hosannas sung in favour of Carlo Ancelotti...musta been her.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Sep 18 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #7

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (dst @ Sep 18 2008, 05:43 AM) *
Dida will play! MizNelson must be... well I can't say it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Excited? Not especially. I'm more concerned about him getting through the match mistake-free (in addition to us winning, of course).

+Quote Post

dst
post Sep 18 2008, 03:01 PM
Post #8

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Sep 18 2008, 04:51 PM) *
Excited? Not especially. I'm more concerned about him getting through the match mistake-free (in addition to us winning, of course).

Excited? Well... not exactly what I had in mind but kinda... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Oh so you do care about Milan!

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 18 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Sep 18 2008, 07:31 PM) *
Excited? Well... not exactly what I had in mind but kinda... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Oh so you do care about Milan!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) Indeed!! Somebody bring out the champagne... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:09 AM