post Oct 5 2020, 05:33 AM
Post #721

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 12,353

QUOTE (William405 @ Oct 5 2020, 12:55 AM) *
In other news,

Juventus signed Chiesa.

Mixed feelings about Chiesa. Have seen him play well but also disappear in some games. All in all, I would have liked to see him here. Will see how well he does at Juve playing in a more defensive role.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 5 2020, 09:36 AM
Post #722

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Can an Admin create a page for Hauge?

Here is a nice editorial on this player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dB_cOhhivk

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 5 2020, 12:30 PM
Post #723

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

I feel like Laxalt has been this weird signing that's just been there the whole time - coming back and forth on infinite loan hell.

Now he's off to Celtic. And I still have to put up with him. ffs.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 5 2020, 06:53 PM
Post #724

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

No signing in defense.

Romagnoli
Kjaer
Musacchio
Gabbia
Duarte

This will be our defensive line-up in the league, cup and EL. Let that sink in.

This campaign has been a disaster. We got fooled by the Tonali signing, but aside from Zlatan and Rebic who aren't exactly new signings, we only got Hauge, Diaz and Dalot, two of them on dry loans.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Oct 5 2020, 07:43 PM
Post #725

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 5 2020, 07:53 PM) *
No signing in defense.

Romagnoli
Kjaer
Musacchio
Gabbia
Duarte

This campaign has been a disaster. We got fooled by the Tonali signing, but aside from Zlatan and Rebic who aren't exactly new signings, we only got Hauge, Diaz and Dalot, two of them on dry loans.

It appears we actually had just 30 million to spend in summer and January rather than summer only.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 9 2020, 10:44 AM
Post #726

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Oct 5 2020, 05:23 AM) *
De Laurentis, apparently (according to CM). Probably because he did not want to play Juve without a full squad. That's the kind of decision that could backfire. I believe is is a 3-0 win for Juve, and Napoli may get penalized a point for not showing up. Expect legal battles ...

Deserved to get the points deducted as well. You can't just bend the rules to suit yourself. They're not the only club with Positive players that have to deal with them not being available

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Oct 5 2020, 05:30 AM) *
We had three relatively easy games, even if you consider the squad was tired because of EL :-) The real test is against Inter after the break. Hoping to see Zlatan and Roma back by then.

OTOH, the games we had are the kind of games where we would drop points in past years. Also, Inter has not impressed me in any of the games I have seen. Sure, they have a great team ... on paper. They also struggled against Fiorentina and should have won against Lazio (given how the game went).

The bolded part being the key statement there. We would have definitely dropped points in recent years, especially given how many key players were missing.

I haven't watched Inter at all so far this season, but their score lines seem erratic at best. Not to mention their defensive line, which imo has been downgraded a lot compared to last season

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Oct 5 2020, 05:33 AM) *
Mixed feelings about Chiesa. Have seen him play well but also disappear in some games. All in all, I would have liked to see him here. Will see how well he does at Juve playing in a more defensive role.

He could easily go the Bernardeschi route at Juve. He'll most likely be played at wingback, which is a shame. But it's his choice. I'm sure if we were interested he would have wanted to come to Milan. But apparently we never showed any real interest and never approached Fiorentina for him. Which is no shock considering our lack of any budget

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 5 2020, 06:53 PM) *
No signing in defense.

Romagnoli
Kjaer
Musacchio
Gabbia
Duarte

If Musacchio can get back in shape, we should be fin until January. It is still very worrying considering Romagnoli's injury history. But we'll have to grit our teeth and get to January as is.

I think considering the budget we had, Paolo and Massara did miracles.

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Oct 5 2020, 07:43 PM) *
It appears we actually had just 30 million to spend in summer and January rather than summer only.

Probably less than that

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 29 2020, 03:30 AM
Post #727

Allievi Nazionali

Man Utd making a move on Hakan. The past 6 months he's become an asset. He's one we now don't want to lose.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 31 2020, 05:24 PM
Post #728

QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 29 2020, 03:30 AM) *
Man Utd making a move on Hakan. The past 6 months he's become an asset. He's one we now don't want to lose.

Very worrisome rumours circulating. Apparently his agent's demands are deemed too excessive by the club, and some say he will move to ManUtd with Dalot as part of the deal.

Two things:

First of all, it would be ridiculous to let him go, for free even, now that he's finally reached that potential he was so much struggling to achieve over the past three years. We need to find a way in-between. If I'm not mistaken, his salary is 2.5M per year. Even if he's demanding 5-6 million, we should accommodate him. We don't wanna lose someone so important for our game at this point in our progression.

Secondly, I also have to say I find it kind of disrespectful from Hakan's side to be wanting to move for economic reasons now that he's back on demand. Yes, I know football is a business and players only look after their own interests, but we stayed by his side through thick and thin, and believed in him for all these years despite him being at times absolutely rubbish.

I'm not saying he should bow down and play for free, but some sense of belonging to a club who believed in you is dutiful, and it would be an act of class from his part.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 31 2020, 05:28 PM
Post #729

Also, what kind of message are we sending by letting him go? That any player who becomes good with us and wants more money can just leave? How are we going to become a big side again if we can't hold on to our best players? Who's gonna be next? Kessie? Bennacer? Theo? I sincerely hope Maldini and Gazidis find a solution to this.

+Quote Post

William405
post Oct 31 2020, 07:26 PM
Post #730

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

You're reading too much into it. Nothing official has come out.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 31 2020, 11:35 PM
Post #731

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 31 2020, 05:24 PM) *
Very worrisome rumours circulating. Apparently his agent's demands are deemed too excessive by the club, and some say he will move to ManUtd with Dalot as part of the deal.

Two things:

First of all, it would be ridiculous to let him go, for free even, now that he's finally reached that potential he was so much struggling to achieve over the past three years. We need to find a way in-between. If I'm not mistaken, his salary is 2.5M per year. Even if he's demanding 5-6 million, we should accommodate him. We don't wanna lose someone so important for our game at this point in our progression.

Secondly, I also have to say I find it kind of disrespectful from Hakan's side to be wanting to move for economic reasons now that he's back on demand. Yes, I know football is a business and players only look after their own interests, but we stayed by his side through thick and thin, and believed in him for all these years despite him being at times absolutely rubbish.

I'm not saying he should bow down and play for free, but some sense of belonging to a club who believed in you is dutiful, and it would be an act of class from his part.

If only football was about loyalty! Nah, dead concept, players are in it for themselves, and we just have to accept they hold the cards.

You're right to say we stood by him while he was rubbish, but football is results based and he's scoring and creating and he expects to receive the market rate for that. He wasn't doing it before so couldn't demand better.

?2.5M is pretty modest for a player of his current form tbh.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Oct 31 2020, 11:37 PM
Post #732

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 31 2020, 05:28 PM) *
Also, what kind of message are we sending by letting him go? That any player who becomes good with us and wants more money can just leave? How are we going to become a big side again if we can't hold on to our best players? Who's gonna be next? Kessie? Bennacer? Theo?

Rangers are going through the same thing. It's because we're (both Rangers and Milan) still not an established European force again yet. Players see us as a stepping stone, and until we're back to being great again, to winning consistently and securing silverware with it, a stepping stone is all we'll remain.

I'm not trying to downplay us btw, we're still the name of Milan - but our stock plummeted the past decade.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 1 2020, 03:07 PM
Post #733

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

The big head scratcher for me is Man U have something like 3 AMs in their team, I don't understand why they would want him or why Hakan would go there.

I think the management will extend his contract. I really don't think they would make such a major miss-step as to let him walk for free.

Also 2.5m for a player as important as him is too low. We should be giving him at least 4m. And I think he would be happy with that.

I trust that Paolo will make the right move here. I read that Milan is still his first choice. It's just a matter of meeting somewhere in the middle. And all this talk is typical of the media to stir sh!t up.

And can I say, the management should really stop with letting these contracts run down so mcuh. It gives the players all the power in the negotiation when they're in their final year. This year we need to make sure to renew Kessie, Romagnoli and look into Theo and Bennacer's deals as well. We cannot afford to have clubs sniffing around just when we're getting things back on track.

Gigio and Hakan need to be renewed ASAP though. I don't understand why they continue to let the clock run down even more. In January they can deal with clubs should they wish to

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 1 2020, 06:16 PM
Post #734

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Well, I think in all fairness players have a right to stick around or move on. It's not that the club does not want to renew, it's also the players desire to wait it out.

That said, I do hope both renew in these coming two months.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 1 2020, 06:32 PM
Post #735

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Well, I think in all fairness players have a right to stick around or move on. It's not that the club does not want to renew, it's also the players desire to wait it out.

That said, I do hope both renew in these coming two months.

+Quote Post

70 Pages V  « < 47 48 49 50 51 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:25 PM