Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer Transfers 2019

Danny
post Sep 10 2020, 01:07 AM
Post #571

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

I don't know him particularly well - a good signing?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Sep 10 2020, 01:24 AM
Post #572

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 9 2020, 09:07 PM) *
I don't know him particularly well - a good signing?

Time will certainly tell... But he definitely has the qualities & the potential to become a great player. He's somewhat of a cross between Pirlo & Gattuso imo (obviously I mean their styles and not necessarily skill at this point).

He's quite young; just turned 20 in May, and debuted 3 years ago in Serie B with Brescia. So this is certainly a step up for him. He's a long time Milan fan, particularly of Gattuso growing up. He even called Gattuso asking him for permission to use his #8. Gattuso himself said he didn't need to ask, but understands the sentiments (as he too did the same with Donadoni).

He has also been praised by the likes of Totti to become a world class central midfielder.

So there's a lot of pressure and expectation, but it comes with the territory for quality players. So fingers crossed.

This post has been edited by TriniKing_CE: Sep 10 2020, 01:29 AM

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Sep 10 2020, 01:55 AM
Post #573

CrAzY EyeS

Just found this on Twitter... Sandro Tonali in numbers (thread):
https://twitter.com/Futball_Karim/status/13...6745441285?s=19

1.9 Key passes/game.
(2nd best in Serie A for deep-midfielders)

0.9 Key passes/game from corners. (League best)

0.5 Key passes/game from freekicks (League best)

1.1 Key passes/game from long passes
(League best)

7 Assists.
(League best for deep-midfielder)

6.28 xA (Expected assists)

11 Big chances created

Only Bennacer (54) made more interceptions than Tonali (39) for u23 midfielders in Serie A

3rd Most fouled midfielder in the league (Behind De Paul & Castrovilli)

Best player at crossing in Europe at the age of 20
https://t.co/fj4ncIMXul

3rd best dribble success in the league,
only 1.9% behind Bennacer.

https://t.co/n5Iox6hU6m

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Sep 10 2020, 05:33 AM
Post #574

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

I am excited about Tonali. Inter had announced his signing months ago (big event in Piazza Duomo). Then Conte threw his temper tantrum and asked for established players, so Inter delayed closing the deal ... and Milan came in with an offer. Some Inter fans now claim that the guy is worthless, but many will admit they are bummed. Mancini considers him good enough to make the NT.

If we keep playing the 4-2-3-1, Tonali will fit in the double pivot, so he will start as a replacement for Benna/Kessie, or possibly as part of a rotation. That will give him a little time to adjust and develop. With the busy season and 5 subs, I believe he will see a lot of playing time. With a 50M clause, it is quite possible we may lose Benna next summer, by then Tonali will hopefully have developed well.

We also got a 2nd GK today, which is good because Donna #2 is completely useless.

We now need CBs (for depth) and upgrades to our right. Arguably we also need a "vice Ibra", but I am not convinced. Not clear if we are also going for one more player for the double pivot (Baka or someone else).

This post has been edited by Forza Milan!: Sep 10 2020, 05:34 AM

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 10 2020, 01:14 PM
Post #575

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Sep 10 2020, 07:33 AM) *
I am excited about Tonali. Inter had announced his signing months ago (big event in Piazza Duomo). Then Conte threw his temper tantrum and asked for established players, so Inter delayed closing the deal ... and Milan came in with an offer. Some Inter fans now claim that the guy is worthless, but many will admit they are bummed. Mancini considers him good enough to make the NT.

If we keep playing the 4-2-3-1, Tonali will fit in the double pivot, so he will start as a replacement for Benna/Kessie, or possibly as part of a rotation. That will give him a little time to adjust and develop. With the busy season and 5 subs, I believe he will see a lot of playing time. With a 50M clause, it is quite possible we may lose Benna next summer, by then Tonali will hopefully have developed well.

We also got a 2nd GK today, which is good because Donna #2 is completely useless.

We now need CBs (for depth) and upgrades to our right. Arguably we also need a "vice Ibra", but I am not convinced. Not clear if we are also going for one more player for the double pivot (Baka or someone else).

We put a 50mil release clause on Bennacer? Why the hell would we do that?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 10 2020, 02:36 PM
Post #576

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I think we put it there since the beginning.

And also a big NO to selling Bennacer. Why should we? I mean, if we're trying to become a better side, selling our best players doesn't really comply with that ambition.

We should try out as soon as possible the Bennacer-Tonali partnership. There's no reason to think they are not compatible. One does not rule out the other.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Sep 10 2020, 02:42 PM
Post #577

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 10 2020, 03:36 PM) *
I think we put it there since the beginning.

And also a big NO to selling Bennacer. Why should we? I mean, if we're trying to become a better side, selling our best players doesn't really comply with that ambition.

We should try out as soon as possible the Bennacer-Tonali partnership. There's no reason to think they are not compatible. One does not rule out the other.

Agreed. However, there is a release clause, and teams like PGS and RM have already expressed interest. Hopefully we will make CL and be in a better position to convince our talent to stick around.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Sep 10 2020, 03:53 PM
Post #578

CrAzY EyeS

If we manage to perform well enough as a team, and accomplish our targets, I'm kinda hopeful that it'll convince the players we have a worthwhile project to stick around for. Also, if Bennacer keeps up his form, I see no reason why his contract can't be improved although it doesn't become a priority unless he is tempted else where. Despite having a buyout clause, the agreement with a player is still essential. So the players themselves always have the last word.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 10 2020, 04:28 PM
Post #579

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Sep 10 2020, 01:24 AM) *
Time will certainly tell... But he definitely has the qualities & the potential to become a great player. He's somewhat of a cross between Pirlo & Gattuso imo (obviously I mean their styles and not necessarily skill at this point).

He's quite young; just turned 20 in May, and debuted 3 years ago in Serie B with Brescia. So this is certainly a step up for him. He's a long time Milan fan, particularly of Gattuso growing up. He even called Gattuso asking him for permission to use his #8. Gattuso himself said he didn't need to ask, but understands the sentiments (as he too did the same with Donadoni).

He has also been praised by the likes of Totti to become a world class central midfielder.

So there's a lot of pressure and expectation, but it comes with the territory for quality players. So fingers crossed.

Sounds significantly (along with the stats) like he could do a lot better than us, and he joined because he's a Rossonero himself.

Those situations are always advantageous.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Sep 10 2020, 04:36 PM
Post #580

CrAzY EyeS

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 10 2020, 12:28 PM) *
Sounds significantly (along with the stats) like he could do a lot better than us, and he joined because he's a Rossonero himself.

Those situations are always advantageous.

Lucky for us that he is a true Milanista. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

Btw... I posted an article in his player thread that I came across on SempreMilan.

https://sempremilan.com/sandro-tonali-insig...impression=true

This post has been edited by TriniKing_CE: Sep 10 2020, 04:38 PM

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Sep 10 2020, 08:56 PM
Post #581

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Looks like the Silva - Rebic exchange is finalized. Silva is already official, Rebic is more complex as the Viola are still part owners.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 10 2020, 08:58 PM
Post #582

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Sep 10 2020, 08:56 PM) *
Looks like the Silva - Rebic exchange is finalized. Silva is already official, Rebic is more complex as the Viola are still part owners.

Yep, Silva official, Rebic to be announced in the coming hours

We really shafted Fiorentina with this deal though... Puts a bit of a dent in my Chiesa dreams (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 10 2020, 09:01 PM
Post #583

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Btw Forza Milan! Congrats on becoming a grandfather!!

With regards to Paolo and the management in general, I'm honestly highly impressed with how they are going about their business.

I still think we need to work on sales so we can bring in better quality. Ideally we sign a CB, RB and RW as well this window. We'll see if we'll be able to manage it but some players have to go before we're able to sign more players. our roster is getting a bit too large atm

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Sep 11 2020, 03:13 AM
Post #584

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 10 2020, 10:01 PM) *
Btw Forza Milan! Congrats on becoming a grandfather!!

With regards to Paolo and the management in general, I'm honestly highly impressed with how they are going about their business.

Thanks, and I agree.
I still think we need to work on sales so we can bring in better quality. Ideally we sign a CB, RB and RW as well this window. We'll see if we'll be able to manage it but some players have to go before we're able to sign more players. our roster is getting a bit too large atm

Sales are going to be tough this year, when most teams are trying to shed weight and we are getting rid of players of questionable value with salaries that are a bit too high. Perhaps we can sell Krunic and Calabria, maybe Paq. I think a CB is a must (even if we cannot sell anyone), RB and RW are highly desirable.

This post has been edited by Forza Milan!: Sep 11 2020, 05:56 AM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 11 2020, 10:12 AM
Post #585

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

If we sign another RW, we need to sell Paqueta. There was a rumor about Lyon having offered 22M for him but they denied it.

+Quote Post

70 Pages V  « < 37 38 39 40 41 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:23 AM