> Mihajlovic to be fired soon?

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 13 2016, 08:27 AM
Post #16

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Lazio will be a good destination for Mihaijlovic.

Just disappointing how we've become a circus. The names being bandied about now for next season are: EDF, Lippi, Emery and Donadoni.

What's the actual point? Silvio will fire unless they play the kind of football he wants. And with our current team we go back to Mourinho's old comment about eggs and omelettes.

Already Brocchi seems to be a yes-man. In training he tried out a 4-3-1-2 with Bonaventura as trequartista. You know the same formation we used and got smashed? Except this time we have Balotelli.

Pfft... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 13 2016, 10:46 AM
Post #17

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 12 2016, 04:21 PM) *
What the actual F@CK??

Seriously?? You fire Miha who's no tactical mastermind but is at least a decent coach with a few years coaching experience in the league and you hire Brocchi out of the Primavera with no real experience.

Same as always. The man at the top has an ego. Brocchi sucks? It's his fault for being a bad coach. Brocchi's great? Who's the genius who gave him the platform to succeed? Silvio!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 13 2016, 04:20 PM
Post #18

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 13 2016, 10:46 AM) *
Same as always. The man at the top has an ego. Brocchi sucks? It's his fault for being a bad coach. Brocchi's great? Who's the genius who gave him the platform to succeed? Silvio!

All the experimenting to find the next Cappello/Sacchi has very obviously failed. He needs to get off it and hire a good coach

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 13 2016, 04:36 PM
Post #19

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Indeed.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 13 2016, 07:14 PM
Post #20

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 13 2016, 04:36 PM) *
Indeed.

You know what really p!sses me off? Is that I feel like there's an internal tug of war between Berlu and Galliani, a competition of trying to find then next big thing in coaching. It's like they're playing a strange little round of "X-Factor Coaching Edition" and having a little chuckle between themselves.

This all started with Leo, Berlo picked him, so Galliani tried to undermine him at every turn, Galliani picked Allegri so Berlu never missed an occasion to throw jabs his way and wanted to fire him multiple times with Galliani always convincing him otherwise for some reason or other, then it was Seedorf who Silvio picked and it was no secret that Galliani wanted Pippo and wanted Seedorf out ASAP. Especially since Seedorf is not one to lay down and take whatever sh!t is shoved his way. Then Pippo came and Silvio constantly belittled him in the media, and same thing happened with Miha who imo was more Galliani's pick than Silvio's. Now Silvio has picked Brocchi with Galliani already coming in and stopping a longer deal from happening.

It's just an endless, cycle. We haven't had a stable and good coach since Carlo if you really think about it and it's a major factor for our huge downfall imo

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 13 2016, 07:31 PM
Post #21

Primavera
Group Icon

Agreed. But let's face it, Mihajlović was already gone. I think it's positive that we appointed Brocchi now. At least that way we can tell if his ideas work and if he has it in him. Surely by losing 6th and/or the Coppa he'll be gone by then and we'll be searching a new victim.

At the moment just everything is wrong with Milan. The most important thing would be a change of management. Since all buyout rumors died off, I think we're stuck with this cycles going on and on.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 13 2016, 07:59 PM
Post #22

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 13 2016, 07:31 PM) *
Agreed. But let's face it, Mihajlović was already gone. I think it's positive that we appointed Brocchi now. At least that way we can tell if his ideas work and if he has it in him. Surely by losing 6th and/or the Coppa he'll be gone by then and we'll be searching a new victim.

At the moment just everything is wrong with Milan. The most important thing would be a change of management. Since all buyout rumors died off, I think we're stuck with this cycles going on and on.

I disagree about it being a good thing.

The smart thing to do would have been to continue on with Miha until the end of the season and then re-assess. This rotating door of coaches is why we have no stability in the team.

Brocchi won't do miracles, and imo he's at an even bigger disadvantage than Miha as Miha still had the dressing room behind him and none of the players wanted him to go.

Also, 6 weeks really won't tell us anything about Brocchi's managerial abilities or lack-there-of. If he does half decently in these few weeks and gets a long term contract I can assure you that we'd see him struggle trying to get through an entire season and all the permutations that brings with it unlike taking over a few weeks when the season is basically already done and dusted.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 13 2016, 08:32 PM
Post #23

Primavera
Group Icon

I think there was nothing to re-asses in the first place. Mihajlović clearly lost his support by the management and the links with Lazio were heavy. Him leaving Milan at season end was a sure thing. Could that been avoided? Perhaps. But that's another story.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Apr 13 2016, 11:15 PM
Post #24

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,029

At this point, if what han said is true about them playing a game to find the next Cappello/Sacchi, then I hope they find it sooner rather than later. If this really is the case, and it appears that it is, then I'm hoping Brochi is special and he brings along the young players and we become competitive again. Otherwise next season we start again from the ground.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Apr 14 2016, 06:14 AM
Post #25

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

Two old men playing silly power-games. Games, because I do not see the circus ending with the clown being sacked. Only way we get out of this is with Berlu selling the club and the new owner finding new management. And even then, there is no guarantee we will not end up with an even worse clown.

It was obvious Miha would not last (Berlu dropped enough hints). Miha is not a great coach, but I would have stuck with him to the end of the season. Not thrilled with Brocchi, but perhaps this way we may see some of our young players on the field (doubt it they will do much worse than the current lot, and we really have nothing left to play for - 6th place actually hurts us financially).

This post has been edited by Forza Milan!: Apr 14 2016, 06:15 AM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 14 2016, 07:56 AM
Post #26

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I went through his press conference. He said all the right things, didn't use the word 'grit' fortunately. Because when an Italian coach uses that, it means the football is going to be boring.

What we need is a coach with a smart director of football. Galliani should henceforth do just one thing and that is player negotiation. Let the coach and the DoF find the players and let Galliani wear his golden tie and do the jig.

Not sure if Lippi is a good choice for DoF however. I think he is behind the curve footballing-wise.

Anyway, Miha is a closed chapter. Respect to the man, especially because he says he intends to find a new job ASAP and not hang around living off our paychecks.

So next season we are no longer paying for Zee or Pippo. Let's see how things go.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 14 2016, 05:06 PM
Post #27

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 13 2016, 08:32 PM) *
I think there was nothing to re-asses in the first place. Mihajlović clearly lost his support by the management and the links with Lazio were heavy. Him leaving Milan at season end was a sure thing. Could that been avoided? Perhaps. But that's another story.

Re-assess meaning see how he manages to finish the season and see if we can actually find someone better than him if his season performance is not what we think is up to the goals we set for ourselves

It's not about it being avoided it's about Silvio and Galliani not knowing wtf they're doing, and making impulsive decisions.

Brocchi imo is a step back for us. Like I said, the only reason that I would have sacked Miha is if we found someone better, and not someone who's worse and has no experience.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 14 2016, 05:14 PM
Post #28

Primavera
Group Icon

In essence I agree with you.

But I know what re-asses means. And Mihajlović was already gone, so there was nothing to reevalue. This gives us more possibilities: Brocchi was always in the game. If he fails miserably now, we'll be forced to find someone else for next season. If he makes things good/better, well...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 14 2016, 06:55 PM
Post #29

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 14 2016, 05:14 PM) *
In essence I agree with you.

But I know what re-asses means. And Mihajlović was already gone, so there was nothing to reevalue. This gives us more possibilities: Brocchi was always in the game. If he fails miserably now, we'll be forced to find someone else for next season. If he makes things good/better, well...

Huh, I get your point here, het rid of the bad option sooner rather than later... Smart thinking there, wasn't looking at it from that angle.

Still, with the Coppa and 6th still to play for it's a very risky move and imo we should have stuck it out with Miha, who after all has been instrumental to getting us at least this far

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Apr 15 2016, 02:14 AM
Post #30

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

Although I am against his sacking, I think he kind of got lucky. The team got hot after Niang came back and after he got injured again the wheels have fallen off. Things got stale and he didn't adjust. I blame this on the team not being among the best, but the coach must take some responsibility as well.

The team began to play well when we went with Donna; Abate,Alex, Romagnoli, Antonelli; Honda, Monto, Kucka, Bona: Niang, Bacca. We kept playing well as Berto absorbed some of the blow of Kucka, then we lost Monto and Niang and everything fell apart.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:12 PM