post May 25 2019, 09:07 AM
Post #331

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 19 2019, 06:53 PM) *
Let's see if Juve can make us a favor.

Though I am worried about the final outcome, even if we do manage to qualify. Looks like UEFA are inclined to ban us from all European competitions starting from next season because we haven't been FFP compliant for many years now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

This FFP BS is really starting to get old, if clubs like City and PSG can do whatever they want then all other clubs should as well. It's time for the big clubs to demand that changes are made to this regulation. As it only ensures that the super rich clubs stay on top while everyone else struggles. It should really just be changed to FUP as the "Fair" in there is anything but

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 19 2019, 06:57 PM) *
Btw, I didn't know Abate is going to leave at the end of the season.

In these 10 years he's been an example of professionalism. Always working hard, always 100% dedicated to this shirt. And a very good RB as well, despite what some might say. Respect.

I think letting him and Zapata go is a mistake. They're 2 of the few senior players on a very young side, not to mention that they are still very useful to the team. There's a lot of extra baggage on this team, but these 2 aren't a part of that

QUOTE (William405 @ May 19 2019, 09:11 PM) *
I think so. His contract is up. I agree with you. Great guy, I like him. Even though today, he costed us that penalty. ;P

Well, I would argue that that penalty sparked a reaction where before we were just listless

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 19 2019, 10:25 PM) *
Still they're ahead of us. And they play the last game at home vs Sassuolo, easy win.

Looks like it's gonna be between us and Inter in the end. Inter play Empoli at home who are in full race for not being relegated. Tough match for them, considering their bad form as well.

But I wouldn't give for certain our win vs SPAL either.

In the end, I think we'll finish 5th. What a bummer it would be, just for 1 measly point.

Too true.

This is so incredibly frustrating. And to think if we hadn't gone on that run of relegation level form after the derby we would probably be 3rd now

QUOTE (Danny @ May 20 2019, 10:11 AM) *
Best RB at the club since Cafu. Poorly treated and ditched because he wasn't glamorous enough. Probably the most underrated player at the club since we signed him.

Agreed. Should have been given an extension. He literally saved our behinds when he was playing CB during October and November.

Honestly don't get the logic of letting both him and Zapata leave for free as we'll lose not only senior experienced players but also valuable squad players that we'll have to go into the market to replace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post May 25 2019, 08:04 PM
Post #332

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

With PSG and City it is more to do with their sponsorships. As both sponsors are sovereigns and as such FFP has a loop hole there. So for instance, if Elliott has a business that sponsors Milan and that deal is a mega deal (the likes of the former) then it slips through the FFP loop hole.

Not fair yes, but the rules need to be amended to disallow it.

On to tomorrow's match, Atalanta would most likely win their game, but inter are up against Empoli who want to secure safety so for Milan to qualify to CL they need to win and Empoli win as well.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 25 2019, 10:07 PM
Post #333

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 25 2019, 09:07 AM) *
This FFP BS is really starting to get old, if clubs like City and PSG can do whatever they want then all other clubs should as well. It's time for the big clubs to demand that changes are made to this regulation. As it only ensures that the super rich clubs stay on top while everyone else struggles. It should really just be changed to FUP as the "Fair" in there is anything but

The problem here is that Italian clubs are the ones who suffer the most, because revenues from stadiums, TV rights and sponsors are not near as much as those in Spain, England and even Germany. Whereas they still have to abide by the rules of today's market where player price tags skyrocket. Hence why it's so difficult to meet UEFA's requirements. The FFP is unfair because it only affects the weak and poor.

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 26 2019, 11:49 AM
Post #334

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 25 2019, 10:07 PM) *
The problem here is that Italian clubs are the ones who suffer the most, because revenues from stadiums, TV rights and sponsors are not near as much as those in Spain, England and even Germany. Whereas they still have to abide by the rules of today's market where player price tags skyrocket. Hence why it's so difficult to meet UEFA's requirements. The FFP is unfair because it only affects the weak and poor.

I don't think there's anything unfair in the rules at all. Look at Man Utd. Bought Pogba because their revenue and profit allows it. If Milan were where we were in 2000- we'd not complain about these rules because our brand was generating such profit.

These days we're weak and poor, and we just have to accept these rules benefit those who can generate honest profit.

Or we could just let Man City take over planet earth because their holding company is literally worth about 600B. If we didn't have FFP City would be offering 5B a year to Lionel Messi and Neymar and no one would get close to them.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 26 2019, 03:44 PM
Post #335

QUOTE (Danny @ May 26 2019, 11:49 AM) *
I don't think there's anything unfair in the rules at all. Look at Man Utd. Bought Pogba because their revenue and profit allows it. If Milan were where we were in 2000- we'd not complain about these rules because our brand was generating such profit.

These days we're weak and poor, and we just have to accept these rules benefit those who can generate honest profit.

Profit? Except for 2006, our club has generated losses every year for the past 15 years. Only then there was no FFP and hence Fininvest covered those losses each year without a problem.

We're not poor. We're owned by a large and powerful company, money is not the issue. But adhering to these stupid and unfair rules from UEFA is what's hurting us. You can't become great again without spending but spending too much gets you banned from Europe. It's beyond ridiculous.

You can't apply the same rules for everyone.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 26 2019, 08:27 PM
Post #336

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Anyone watching?

+Quote Post

William405
post May 26 2019, 08:28 PM
Post #337

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Big brawl in Atalanta. Couple of players getting a yellow card, and Sassuolo getting a red card I think. This certainly will ruin the game for us. Let's see what happens, it's a big big mess at the moment.

We are winning, but have switched off as usual. At the moment, we are in third place. Let's pray to god that we can remain there. Inter are drawing.

+Quote Post

William405
post May 26 2019, 08:29 PM
Post #338

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 26 2019, 10:27 PM) *
Anyone watching?

Yes. We started well, and switched off like usual. Your thoughts?

I'm watching the two games at the same time..intense.

+Quote Post

William405
post May 26 2019, 08:30 PM
Post #339

Allievi Regionali B

Sassuolo were playing really really good at the start. Then, Atalanta pretty much started controlling the game.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post May 26 2019, 09:33 PM
Post #340

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

One flipping point ffs

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post May 26 2019, 09:35 PM
Post #341

Serves us right. We had it in our grasp and we blew it.

Didn't even watch tonight cos I knew it would end like this.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 26 2019, 09:36 PM
Post #342

Primavera
Group Icon

Heartbreaking finish.

Empoli wasted a handful of chances. Handanovic is a god.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post May 26 2019, 09:39 PM
Post #343

Allievi Nazionali

We will be pretty screwed now. Will lose a lot of key players

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 26 2019, 09:40 PM
Post #344

Primavera
Group Icon

On the brighter side... it's not that we'll lose Pirlo and Shevchenko.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post May 26 2019, 09:44 PM
Post #345

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 26 2019, 10:40 PM) *
On the brighter side... it's not that we'll lose Pirlo and Shevchenko.

Lol yes. But it will likely be donna and romongali. But first of all at least need to try for a proper coach. If inter get conte and juve get pep or sarri and we still remain with 2nd or 3rd tier manager then itnwill be same story next year as well

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:56 AM