Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 4/7/2007 - Serie A - Milan - Empoli

Darunia
post Apr 4 2007, 03:36 AM
Post #16

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,240

Oddo has some solid crosses, that one to Gila being exemplary. He did a good job defending Sweinstegger but like the rest of our defense had trouble with the high balls.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 4 2007, 03:37 AM
Post #17

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 4 2007, 12:25 AM)
Impressed? Try depressed... did he take ONE good ball INSIDE the box? I give him kudos for his defensive work though.

I think Kaka only took one good ball into the box and that's his job. Oddo is a right back, he should never be in the box, maybe putting crosses in, but not running in.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Apr 4 2007, 06:13 AM
Post #18

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

This game will be won, no doubt. I hope he uses reserves for this game. comon gila and ronnie. We believe in you!!

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Apr 4 2007, 08:26 AM
Post #19

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Kaka needs to rest. He has been playing constantly lately!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 4 2007, 08:37 AM
Post #20

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 4 2007, 12:25 AM)
Impressed? Try depressed... did he take ONE good ball INSIDE the box? I give him kudos for his defensive work though.

I actually thought his crossing was the highlight of his game rather then his defending. All of our clear cut chances plus the goal came from his assists. Ambro's header from his corner, Gila's header from his cross and Pirlo's goal from his lob.

He was good keeping Shweinsteiger quite but I think the first goal was partly his fault since he let Pizzarro? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (was it him?) out jump him.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 4 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Apr 4 2007, 07:26 AM)
Kaka needs to rest. He has been playing constantly lately!

Yeah, that would be a good idea.

I think we should rest some key players for this one. Kaka, Pirlo, Paolo, Oddo and even maybe Seedorf.

We should play something like this

Cafu--Nesta--Bonera--Sergio
---Brocchi--Ambro--Yoann---
---Ronaldo--Gilardino--Oli---

I think this will be enough for Empoli, if not we have a good enough bench to inflict some damage on them.

Nesta needs to continue to regain match fitness so playing is a must. Bonera will slip back into the CB position. Sergio needs to be fit for Bayern, I think he can be decisive for us in that one. And Cafu did well against Roma and I think is enough for Empoli.

We'll basically be resting our entire midfield this way, but they need it, and we an't have them burn out before 90 minutes again in the second leg.

Gila can be supported by R9 and Oli in this one without the need of a playmaker.

If we don't manage to break the dead lock within 60 minutes then I would bring on Pirlo and Kaka, but if we manage to win without them it would be great.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Apr 4 2007, 09:48 AM
Post #22

7th Heaven

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 4 2007, 06:19 PM)

i'd like to see this (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Apr 4 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #23

7th Heaven

Milan - Empoli -- Football Italia preview

The stage is set for a crunch encounter at the San Siro on Saturday as Milan and Empoli fight to keep their dreams of a Champions League spot alive.

Milan’s season is hanging by a thread. After the heartbreak of conceding a last-gasp equaliser against Bayern Munich in midweek, their Champions League adventure is in the balance and if they are to compete in Europe’s showpiece event next term they have a lot to do on the domestic front.

Last weekend’s 1-1 draw with Roma did the Diavoli’s cause little good and allowed Empoli to overtake Carlo Ancelotti’s men. With time running out Carletto knows they need maximum points from here on. Fourth-placed Palermo are in poor form but still have a four-point cushion and the Milanese faithful must be wondering just how costly their Calciopoli deduction will prove.

It remains to be seen whether Empoli’s extraordinary season will have a fairytale conclusion. Gigi Cagni has worked miracles with a side expected to struggle for survival, but will need some more wizardry if his minnows are to hold off Milan and overhaul Palermo.

Whatever happens this will be the Empolesi’s most successful season in the history of the club after the 4-1 rout of Ascoli last weekend saw the Azzurri break their record number of points accumulated in a single Serie A season. With nothing to lose and hero status assured, they can approach this game quietly confident.

When the two sides met in Week 12, a struggling Milan side was forced to settle for a stalemate despite seeing Ricardo Oliveira rattle the woodwork twice. Despite their underdog status, Empoli have recent memories of victory at the San Siro. The Tuscans shocked Milan 1-0 in 2002-03 but have lost the other six meetings between the two sides – there has never been a draw in this fixture.

Ancelotti’s injury crisis is finally over. Only Argentine defender Leandro Grimi is unavailable due to an abdominal complaint and continues to wait for a debut. The Brazilian partnership of Oliveira and Ronaldo is set to start once more despite Alberto Gilardino’s goal as a substitute against Roma. There is pressure on Clarence Seedorf to improve on lacklustre recent performances as Yoann Gourcuff is breathing down his neck.

The visitors also have the luxury of a strong squad. Sardinian youngster Ivano Baldanzeddu is the sole absentee with acute lower back pain. Cagni’s main decision is whether to stick with a two striker system or drop one of the ex-Milan pair of Nicola Pozzi or Luca Saudati who both bagged braces last weekend.

Man on fire: Nicola Pozzi (Empoli) – The 20-year-old marksman is so committed to the Azzurri cause that he was willing to lose the mobility of a finger for life to avoid a six-week absence and took full advantage with a vital double last weekend.

Last season: Milan 3-0 Empoli

Form guide: Milan (D W L W D) Empoli (W W D L W)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Milan (probable): Dida; Oddo, Nesta, Simic, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kaka; Ronaldo, Oliveira

Empoli (probable): Balli; Raggi, Pratali, Lucchini, Tosto; Busce’, Almiron, Moro, Vannucchi; Pozzi, Saudati

Channel4

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 4 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #24

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 4 2007, 04:37 AM)
I think Kaka only took one good ball into the box and that's his job. Oddo is a right back, he should never be in the box, maybe putting crosses in, but not running in.

No I mean he didn't deliver good crosses.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 4 2007, 09:37 AM)
I actually thought his crossing was the highlight of his game rather then his defending. All of our clear cut chances plus the goal came from his assists. Ambro's header from his corner, Gila's header from his cross and Pirlo's goal from his lob.

He was good keeping Shweinsteiger quite but I think the first goal was partly his fault since he let Pizzarro?  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)   (was it him?) out jump him.

He had some good times but he wasted too many chances.

No. First goal was Nesta's fault, he left Van Buyten all alone. I still can't believe their CB scored twice!

*prays for a Seedorf injury to keep him out for a week*

This post has been edited by dst: Apr 4 2007, 02:11 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 4 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 4 2007, 01:07 PM)
*prays for a Seedorf injury to keep him out for a week*

I don't think that would be such a great thing to happen.

Against Empoli Yoann is probably the best idea, but not against Bayern. Yoann struggled against them in the San Siro and he only had to play for 6 minutes. He can't handle playing in Germany, at least not yet.

Resting our key players is a must in this match. But I don't think that will happen

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 4 2007, 06:52 PM
Post #26

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 4 2007, 06:04 PM)

Against Empoli Yoann is probably the best idea, but not against Bayern. Yoann struggled against them in the San Siro and he only had to play for 6 minutes. He can't handle playing in Germany, at least not yet.

Resting our key players is a must in this match. But I don't think that will happen

Exactly

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 4 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #27

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 4 2007, 05:04 PM)

Why did he struggle against Bayern? You don't really blame him for committing a foul in the midfield even if it ended up on a goal...

He was not worse than Seedorf in my opinion!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 4 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #28

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 4 2007, 06:40 PM)
Why did he struggle against Bayern? You don't really blame him for committing a foul in the midfield even if it ended up on a goal...

He was not worse than Seedorf in my opinion!

No it's not about that, but you could see that he was nervous.

I don't blame him for anything, especially not the second goal when there was a fould committed on Nesta and Rino, so the goal never should have even stood.

But he was nervous and you could see that. So playing him in our season decider in germany isn't the best of ideas.

+Quote Post

weeeow
post Apr 4 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #29

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,757

F_ck I'm missing this match as I'm off to Hong Kong for a geography trip with my school on friday! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I'll have to get up at like 5:30 in the morning there to see it. Hopefully it'll be on as they've got good channels! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I am missing the bayern match and the one after that aswell (messina)

Well, I hope that Carlo plays Gourcuff to rest Pirlo or Seedorf! Also, I hope that we win as it is important to send out a message to bayern saying 'WATCH OUT, WE'LL HAVE A GO AT YOU!'

FORZA KAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)
FORZA GOURCUFF!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)
FORZA PIRLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)
FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devilsmiley.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 4 2007, 10:51 PM
Post #30

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 4 2007, 11:19 AM)
We should play something like this

a 4-3-3 !!!!!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Carlo wouldn't dare (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:19 PM