mishie
post Sep 6 2013, 06:23 PM
Post #31

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,072

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 6 2013, 07:05 PM) *
Matri can do work outside the box?

Even if you haven't watched him these last few years at Juve, his 20 minute appearance for us should tell you that he can do no such thing.

Work outside the box? Look at what SES does on a weekly basis travelling up and down the wing defending or how him and Balo linked up so well against PSV. Look at the work Pazzini did last season, especially in that game against Barca. Matri is just not even as good as Pazzini, let alone as good as SES who is one of the most sought after young players in football

I understand not being inspired by him yet, but you seriously cannot tell me that you'd bench him in favour of Matri.

for a start i'm not suggesting anything of the sort. Conte said that Matri was the best striker for counter-attacking because he holds the ball, lays it off and then makes his way into the box...his words not mine.

As for Pazzini i'd pick him over Matri and SES over him so that tells you what my opinion of him is.

My opinion doesn't matter i was merely stating what i think will happen. As for SES and his work outside the box yes you're correct he does travel up and down the wing and does a superb job, but that was in a 4-3-3 Allegri will now go 4-3-1-2.

Listen I'm not saying Matri is better or worse than anyone else or Pazzini or SES or anyone else i'm simply stating what i think will happen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 6 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (mishie @ Sep 6 2013, 06:23 PM) *
for a start i'm not suggesting anything of the sort. Conte said that Matri was the best striker for counter-attacking because he holds the ball, lays it off and then makes his way into the box...his words not mine.

As for Pazzini i'd pick him over Matri and SES over him so that tells you what my opinion of him is.

My opinion doesn't matter i was merely stating what i think will happen. As for SES and his work outside the box yes you're correct he does travel up and down the wing and does a superb job, but that was in a 4-3-3 Allegri will now go 4-3-1-2.

Listen I'm not saying Matri is better or worse than anyone else or Pazzini or SES or anyone else i'm simply stating what i think will happen

Well I seriously hope that you're wrong (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

And Conte was talking BS about not wanting Giaccherini and Matri to leave, does that mean he was telling the truth? I think he was mostly just being diplomatic instead of waving the Loser sign in our faces and yelling "Gotcha Suckas" for buying Matri off them (their 4th choice) for more than they paid for Tevez

Also I think SES or whoever partners Balo upfront will have to drop back and help out the midfield.

Before with the 4-3-3 the 2 "wingers" tended to defend a lot, because Allegri just can't help himself, and even when we played the 4-3-1-2 when Ibra was here, the other striker tended to drop back and defend, which is why he usually preferred Robinho over Pato, not to mention that we had a box-to-box workhorse as the AM.

Now we're going to be playing a proper trequartista. So the striker next to Balo will need to be able to drop with Kaka to make part of the midfield when we're defending, because Balo ain't going to be doing anything of the sort.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Sep 6 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 6 2013, 07:42 PM) *
Well I seriously hope that you're wrong (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

And Conte was talking BS about not wanting Giaccherini and Matri to leave, does that mean he was telling the truth? I think he was mostly just being diplomatic instead of waving the Loser sign in our faces and yelling "Gotcha Suckas" for buying Matri off them (their 4th choice) for more than they paid for Tevez

Also I think SES or whoever partners Balo upfront will have to drop back and help out the midfield.

Before with the 4-3-3 the 2 "wingers" tended to defend a lot, because Allegri just can't help himself, and even when we played the 4-3-1-2 when Ibra was here, the other striker tended to drop back and defend, which is why he usually preferred Robinho over Pato, not to mention that we had a box-to-box workhorse as the AM.

Now we're going to be playing a proper trequartista. So the striker next to Balo will beed to be able to drop with Kaka to make part of the midfield when we're defending, because Balo ain't going to be doing anything of the sort.

We all know that a striker had to go from Juve because of the money situation. Either Matri or Quag were going to go, if i'm honest with Llorente underperforming then yes i do believe that Conte would've preferred Matri over Quag to stay.

If you look when Balotelli and Cassano played together for Italy Mario did do a fair bit of defending pushing out wide so don't underestimate the possibility of him doing that and 1 thing that has improved since he joined from Man.City is his workrate for the team.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 6 2013, 06:55 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishie @ Sep 6 2013, 06:49 PM) *
We all know that a striker had to go from Juve because of the money situation. Either Matri or Quag were going to go, if i'm honest with Llorente underperforming then yes i do believe that Conte would've preferred Matri over Quag to stay.

If you look when Balotelli and Cassano played together for Italy Mario did do a fair bit of defending pushing out wide so don't underestimate the possibility of him doing that and 1 thing that has improved since he joined from Man.City is his workrate for the team.

No matter what the situation at Juve, they all high fived each other at the extortionate fee they got for him, the Juve fans practically threw a party about it for crying out loud.

And it's a completely different ball game here, doing it for 2 or 3 games in the Euros for Italy doesn't mean that he'll be doing it week in week out for Milan for an entire season.

And really, to have Balo dropping back deep to defend and support a player like Matri would be a huge waste.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Sep 6 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #35

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 6 2013, 07:55 PM) *
No matter what the situation at Juve, they all high fived each other at the extortionate fee they got for him, the Juve fans practically threw a party about it for crying out loud.

And it's a completely different ball game here, doing it for 2 or 3 games in the Euros for Italy doesn't mean that he'll be doing it week in week out for Milan for an entire season.

And really, to have Balo dropping back deep to defend and support a player like Matri would be a huge waste.

The fee is neither here or there tbh.

Yes you're right about Balo and the Euro's but give me a break here you're busting my nuts over every suggestion! lol
the template is there for him to play a role like that, either Matri or Pazzini will be the 1 playing up top can't imagine it being any other way so Mario's role will differ, but thinking about the PSV game how deep did Mario come to lay on the pass for Poli runs for the 3rd goal?

All this is conjecture until we see after the break

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 6 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #36

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishie @ Sep 6 2013, 07:03 PM) *
The fee is neither here or there tbh.

Yes you're right about Balo and the Euro's but give me a break here you're busting my nuts over every suggestion! lol
the template is there for him to play a role like that, either Matri or Pazzini will be the 1 playing up top can't imagine it being any other way so Mario's role will differ, but thinking about the PSV game how deep did Mario come to lay on the pass for Poli runs for the 3rd goal?

All this is conjecture until we see after the break

Sorry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Seriously, personally I can't see this Matri, Balo duo working. But Allegri will insist on it as usual.

Last season Pazzini was never even an option alongside Balo unless we were going with 4 strikers upfront in the last few minutes of a game when we're in panic mode. So suddenly Balo absolutely NEEDS Matri next to him? Just ridiculous excuse to get Matri on the team for some reason or another by Allegri.

I seriously cannot wait to get rid of him at the end of this season. As long as he's here, no matter how good or average the squad is we'll underperform so what's the point? The only bad thing is that he's being touted as a possible Prandelli replacement. In that case I'd only have to suffer watching a team I support every few months

+Quote Post

mishie
post Sep 6 2013, 07:40 PM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 6 2013, 08:10 PM) *
Sorry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Seriously, personally I can't see this Matri, Balo duo working. But Allegri will insist on it as usual.

Last season Pazzini was never even an option alongside Balo unless we were going with 4 strikers upfront in the last few minutes of a game when we're in panic mode. So suddenly Balo absolutely NEEDS Matri next to him? Just ridiculous excuse to get Matri on the team for some reason or another by Allegri.

I seriously cannot wait to get rid of him at the end of this season. As long as he's here, no matter how good or average the squad is we'll underperform so what's the point? The only bad thing is that he's being touted as a possible Prandelli replacement. In that case I'd only have to suffer watching a team I support every few months

Of course he'll insist on it, he specifically asked for Matri. Yes whatever happens i think Allegri will be gone Don Silvio doesn't want him the only plus would be if it was a swap and Prandelli became Milan coach. Also Allegri wouldn't get the time and patience in charge of the NT so he'll so be removed.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 6 2013, 08:01 PM
Post #38

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishie @ Sep 6 2013, 07:40 PM) *
Of course he'll insist on it, he specifically asked for Matri. Yes whatever happens i think Allegri will be gone Don Silvio doesn't want him the only plus would be if it was a swap and Prandelli became Milan coach. Also Allegri wouldn't get the time and patience in charge of the NT so he'll so be removed.

There are a lot of rumours and basically most journalists expect Prandelli to take his place at Milan.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 6 2013, 09:50 PM
Post #39

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Never was a huge fan of El Shaarway. We spent €12 million on Matri, might as well try him out.

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 7 2013, 01:08 AM
Post #40

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,239

You guys keep nagging about the youth project..and how Galliani didn't follow his project, but have absolutely no patience to see someone develop. El Sharaawy has shown us glimpses of what he can do, he certainly has the potential and the mentality to become very good, yet you prefer the provincial Matri...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 7 2013, 08:45 AM
Post #41

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 7 2013, 01:08 AM) *
You guys keep nagging about the youth project..and how Galliani didn't follow his project, but have absolutely no patience to see someone develop. El Sharaawy has shown us glimpses of what he can do, he certainly has the potential and the mentality to become very good, yet you prefer the provincial Matri...

Yep.

Listen, I'm not someone who thinks El Shaarawy is the second coming or that he's as good as Neymar ((IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ), had we received some ridiculous offer like say 45m from an oil club then I'd have said sell him because he'll never be worth that amount, even in his peak years.

But, the kid IS talented, just not WINGER talented, but certainly FAR more talented than Matri even in the finishing department. He works hard both on and off the pitch, he's a well behaved guy who we never heard an inkling of misbehaviour about, him and Balo are showing some great glimpses of link up play, he's very fast, something we need considering Kaka has lost his turn of pace and Balo isn't really that quick, he's still very young, and I think people forget that especially after what he did in his first months last season where he carried the team like a seasoned pro and not someone who's coming out of Serie B with barely a handful of Serie A games to his name from the previous season.

Taking all that into consideration, to bench him for a player like Matri is absolute madness, and no it won't be like Sheva and Gila, simply because Sheva was a completely different player to Balo and unlike Sheva, Balo likes to occupy the CF position on the pitch, which is where Matri would slot in because he can't do anything else.

And yes we spent 12m on Matri, but does that mean we have to use him? Even if he flops like a big fish on land? Matri was an unneeded player and the only way he should be used is as Balo's sub

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Sep 7 2013, 09:21 AM
Post #42

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 7 2013, 09:45 AM) *
he's very fast

He's really not.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 7 2013, 10:05 AM
Post #43

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 7 2013, 02:21 PM) *
He's really not.

True, and he's a downright atrocious dribbler. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif) Just watch his matches when he has the ball to his feet, he absolutely struggles to get past most midfielders and defenders. And the worrying part is that he did not actually improve this one bit during the course of the season.

Shaarawy has finishing abilities, hard work, head down kind of approach and he helps the defense immensely, unlike some of our recent forwards (Ibra and Balo come to mind). Point being, there is still room for massive improvements.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 7 2013, 12:19 PM
Post #44

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 7 2013, 09:21 AM) *
He's really not.

Have you actually seen him play? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

He's certainly the fastest player in our attack.

No he's not a good dribbler acid, which is why it's absolutely ridiculous that he's used as a winger. But that's not his fault

+Quote Post

acid911
post Sep 7 2013, 12:30 PM
Post #45

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 7 2013, 05:19 PM) *
But that's not his fault

That's a very agreeable proposition. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post

59 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:06 PM