Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Berlusconi to build 'a young Milan'

anano1214
post May 8 2011, 01:25 PM
Post #1

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,571

Barbara Berlusconi has set the scene for “another 25 years of success” at Milan and drops the old guard. “We’re focusing on youth.”

The daughter of President Silvio Berlusconi was appointed to the Board of Directors a few weeks ago and was in the stands for last night’s 0-0 draw with Roma.

“I am very happy that we have achieved this objective, but it must be a starting point to build a new Milan,” she told the Corriere dello Sport.

“The squad must be capable of competing in Europe and also fitting in with the new economic requirements of football clubs.

“Our dream is to see Milan have another 25 years of success. After all, it is the club with more trophies than any other in the world and we don’t want to lose that record.”

Several veterans will be out of contract in the summer, so the likes of Andrea Pirlo, Clarence Seedorf, Massimo Ambrosini and Pippo Inzaghi could move on.

“I would above all like to develop a team that focuses on youth.”

One of the Rossoneri’s youngest stars is Alexandre Pato, who is dating Berlusconi.

Football Italia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post May 8 2011, 01:31 PM
Post #2

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Yeah, I was wondering where that last line would come up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Young Milan, huh? I'm more interested in one that is competitive in Europe. Enough of tiki takas and Galacticos and all that other shtick.

+Quote Post

Danny
post May 8 2011, 02:48 PM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

I have to say she didn't look quite as overjoyed as ol' Galliani did last night. Indeed, she seemed more bothered that her current beau looked in danger of getting himself sent off.

Still, she's saying more or less the right things - but truth is this current Milan team has far more younger players than it has in recent seasons.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 8 2011, 06:46 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ May 8 2011, 01:48 PM) *
I have to say she didn't look quite as overjoyed as ol' Galliani did last night. Indeed, she seemed more bothered that her current beau looked in danger of getting himself sent off.

Still, she's saying more or less the right things - but truth is this current Milan team has far more younger players than it has in recent seasons.

Well no one can be as enthusiastic as old Zio Fester. But at the final whistle they were all hugging each other in the stands. It's the typical Berlusconi reaction. Silvio doesn't even clap, he just has a smug smile on his face

+Quote Post

acid911
post May 8 2011, 07:51 PM
Post #5

Berretti

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 8 2011, 10:46 PM) *
Silvio doesn't even clap, he just has a smug smile on his face

Exactly, club owners are not permitted to react big. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif) Or else they may face a fine for a show of emotion! At least, that's what I heard for the European clubs. Hence Galliani does all all hoopla, while all you see Berlusconi do is smile and wave boys, smile and wave. Here's Mr. B in the middle:

(IMG:http://i53.tinypic.com/o5ajh3.jpg)

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post May 8 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

To start with being on-topic: good te see Milan getting younger. If I'm not mistaken Pirlo is likely to leave, and Gattuso might join a club in Russia.
QUOTE (acid911 @ May 8 2011, 08:51 PM) *

I've got my hands full with han already. Please no reinforcemance.

+Quote Post

acid911
post May 9 2011, 02:19 AM
Post #7

Berretti

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ May 9 2011, 02:15 AM) *
I've got my hands full with han already. Please no reinforcemance.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Aww, but these are the best penguins ever. If there is one recent cartoon that I have seen all the episodes of, it's "The Penguins of Madagascar" series. But you're right, Han's more than a Han-dful (pun always intended).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:40 AM