Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Barbara Berlusconi joins Milan Board

anano1214
post Apr 20 2011, 07:49 PM
Post #1

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,571

Barbara Berlusconi – daughter of President Silvio and girlfriend of Alexandre Pato – has joined Milan’s Board of Directors.

The Board voted to accept her candidacy today and she becomes the 13th member.

Barbara is already on the Board of Directors of Berlusconi’s Fininvest company and joins her uncle Paolo and brother Piersilvio around the Milan desk.

“It is a sign of the renewed commitment that the Berlusconi family is making to Milan,” said Vice-President Adriano Galliani.

“They have always ensured their moral and economic support for the club. The fact that the brother of the President is joined on the Board by two of his children is a great sign that must be seen by fans as a show of faith.”

There could be suggestions of a conflict of interest, though, as Barbara has recently started dating Rossoneri striker Pato.

The Brazilian, who has been married before, dedicated his two Milan derby goals to her in the stands.

Football Italia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 20 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #2

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

About time, I say, about time! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) This is good news.

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 20 2011, 08:53 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 20 2011, 09:54 PM) *
About time, I say, about time! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) This is good news.

How does that concern anyone?

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 21 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #4

Berretti

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 21 2011, 12:53 AM) *
How does that concern anyone?

Well we need more Berlusconis in the thick of things as far as management is concerned. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) His son isn't too interested in the running of the club (as much as big B, himself), so if Barbara enjoys running things a bit then that's good news to me.

+Quote Post

servbot
post Apr 21 2011, 05:25 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,771

The Pato-Barbara thing makes me very uncomfortable. Let's hope they are in love and live happily ever after.

+Quote Post

William405
post Apr 21 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #6

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

Welcome,hon.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 21 2011, 10:42 PM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (servbot @ Apr 21 2011, 05:25 PM) *
The Pato-Barbara thing makes me very uncomfortable. Let's hope they are in love and live happily ever after.

My thoughts exactly. It's funny now, but things can get nasty.

Well we need more Berlusconis in the thick of things as far as management is concerned. smile.gif His son isn't too interested in the running of the club (as much as big B, himself), so if Barbara enjoys running things a bit then that's good news to me.

Maybe, but I don't think it's the right direction. Barbara's interest lies somewhere else, and Milan is most probably just a tool. You can say many things about Silvio, but at the beginning, Milan wasn't just a tool for him. He had his heart in also. His father was a Milanista.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 22 2011, 10:01 AM
Post #8

Berretti

You could very well be right. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'm not so much in tune with what Barbara is into, can barely keep up with Berlusconi himself. But for a general Milan fan looking in from the outside, this seems a good move, a nice show of interest from someone belonging to the Berlusconi family.

I guess, if she (or someone else for that matter) plans to use Milan the club as a tool, we'll know soon enough!

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 25 2011, 06:44 PM
Post #9

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

The Pato thing is destined for disaster. As an earlier post put it, let's hope they defy the odds and live happily ever after. Otherwise one of them will have to go. Really dangerous tbh.

As for Barbara, guess this means more obsessive director shots of her in the director's box. Not an altogether bad thing mind you...

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Apr 27 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #10

Dida per sempre

Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 25 2011, 10:44 AM) *
The Pato thing is destined for disaster.

Agreed. You'd think Pato would know better than to shack up with the daughter of the guy who only owns the club and signs your checks. Oh well, young and dumb...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 27 2011, 07:35 PM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

I think he's pretty much take a roud to disaster. I didn't like the fact that he was married and divorced so fast, but it wasn't taken that serious here. Now he's moving to the next level. I see now his behaviour has been picked up with a more dire tone.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 30 2011, 08:37 PM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Apr 27 2011, 07:17 PM) *
Agreed. You'd think Pato would know better than to shack up with the daughter of the guy who only owns the club and signs your checks. Oh well, young and dumb...

I suspect he is driven by his genetalia and a short attention span. His marriage was a complete farce and clearly he got bored quickly so they filed for divorce. Now, Ms Berlusconi is a very hot woman and I suspect my former argument is in play there, with the latter one the reason this little affair is dangerous.

Pato might not be the brightest cookie in the jar.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 30 2011, 08:39 PM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 27 2011, 07:35 PM) *
I think he's pretty much take a roud to disaster. I didn't like the fact that he was married and divorced so fast, but it wasn't taken that serious here.

I didn't know about the divorce for months - when I found out it just smacked of 2 foolish kids trying to play grown up and failing miserably. The fact he's now gone for Barbara after being an idiot once already shows he's learned nothing.

Now he's moving to the next level. I see now his behaviour has been picked up with a more dire tone.

We could be wrong, this could be a love story for the ages.

*keeps a straight face*

Ok, this is going to be a mess when it ends.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:12 PM