> [EU] European Leagues 2017-18

Danny
post Aug 2 2017, 08:55 PM
Post #31

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 2 2017, 04:52 PM) *
I really don't believe any of that. It's just a matter of $$$, nothing more. If he really wants to be the best, PSG and the French league certainly ain't the way to do it.

Why not? Mpabbe managed it. He's now arguably a top 5 striker at age 18 and worth 150M.

Bit dismissive of the French league I'd say there!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 2 2017, 11:15 PM
Post #32

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 2 2017, 08:55 PM) *
Why not? Mpabbe managed it. He's now arguably a top 5 striker at age 18 and worth 150M.

He emerged in the French league, and he'll soon be gone cos nobody gives a sh*t about that league. PSG are the only exception because they got the $$$.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 3 2017, 01:07 AM
Post #33

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 2 2017, 11:15 PM) *
He emerged in the French league, and he'll soon be gone cos nobody gives a sh*t about that league. PSG are the only exception because they got the $$$.

You actually sound angry about all this.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 3 2017, 08:15 AM
Post #34

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 3 2017, 01:15 AM) *

?

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Aug 3 2017, 10:07 AM
Post #35

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 2 2017, 11:22 PM) *
I really don't believe any of that. It's just a matter of $$$, nothing more. If he really wants to be the best, PSG and the French league certainly ain't the way to do it.

Nothing wrong with it being about the $$$, but it's probably the need to be THE STAR at a club as well. I think it's about time he had that shot.

PSG are in the Champions League and they've got a damn good squad. They do need to attract a proper coach though.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 3 2017, 11:34 AM
Post #36

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 3 2017, 08:15 AM) *
?

Beats me too Pippo.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 3 2017, 12:09 PM
Post #37

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 2 2017, 03:50 PM) *
Ah, yes, I thought you meant on Neymar's part. Barca fans can go f*ck themselves as can their club.

I also find it hilarious they put in a 222M release clause and when a team actually legitimately activates it they grass them up to Uefa.

Disgusting football club, dislike them intensely.

Agreed about Barca

I find it hilarious that they have no reservation when they themselves have been tapping up Verratti all summer, but once it's their player they're up in arms, shouting foul, FFP, UEFA, FIFA, courts, etc, etc

I don't like what the likes of PSG and City have done to the sport, but this serves Barca right. Finally getting a taste of their own medicine and man is it bitter!

As for the release clause, Spanish clubs are forced by law to include one in the contract. Barca have some ridiculous ones, which just a few months ago, no one though anyone would get anywhere near...

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 2 2017, 04:52 PM) *

Agreed. He was still a star at Barca and could have made the move elsewhere. PSG and France were the cop out easy solution to get bucket loads

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 2 2017, 08:55 PM) *

To say Mbappe is anywhere near Neymar's level is a stretch, the kid has had a break out half a year with Monaco. Sure he produced some really stellar stuff but come on!

He's not a top 5 striker in the world, not yet. This massive over-hype job that the media and fans have been doing for the last few months is ridiculous, especially when 90% of them have only watched him in a handful of CL games and don't follow him in France

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 3 2017, 10:07 AM) *
Nothing wrong with it being about the $$$, but it's probably the need to be THE STAR at a club as well. I think it's about time he had that shot.

PSG are in the Champions League and they've got a damn good squad. They do need to attract a proper coach though.

He's a star at Barca already. He's loved (or was) by the fans. Messi is 30, Neymar is still young. And had he wanted to really be a STAR he would have chosen another club. He's going to France where he'll be forgotten for the majority of the season by the majority of football watchers as no one really follows PSG avidly in the French league unless they're PSG or League 1 fans to begin with. The amount of coverage he had at Barca will drop significantly now. So how is this not a move for the moula again?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 3 2017, 02:09 PM
Post #38

Allievi Nazionali

Wow, the dismissing here of the French ligue is obtuse!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 3 2017, 02:10 PM
Post #39

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 3 2017, 01:07 AM) *
You actually sound angry about all this.

How so?

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 3 2017, 08:15 AM) *
?

What's your question?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 3 2017, 02:58 PM
Post #40

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 3 2017, 02:09 PM) *
Wow, the dismissing here of the French ligue is obtuse!

Are you denying that it is a second rate league that has about 25% the amount of viewership the EPL/La Liga do?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 3 2017, 03:26 PM
Post #41

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 3 2017, 02:58 PM) *
Are you denying that it is a second rate league that has about 25% the amount of viewership the EPL/La Liga do?

I'm denying it's a second rate league, yes. I don't think Mbappe is a worse player for not having the same viewers he would in Spain.

Out of interest, is Serie A a second rate league?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Aug 3 2017, 03:29 PM
Post #42

Everyone and their grandmas know the French league is a joke. Just ask yourself: when was the last time a French club won a European competition? For all of the 00s it was dominated by Lyon who made zero impact in Europe, then PSG came with the big bucks and established a new hegemony yet I don't think they've ever passed the quarter-finals. In-between you have the varios Marseille, Auxerre, Lille, Monaco etc. would have one good season in a decade.

To compare it to Spain, England, Italy and even Germany is ridiculous. Second-rate league indeed.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 3 2017, 03:36 PM
Post #43

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 3 2017, 03:29 PM) *
Everyone and their grandmas know the French league is a joke. Just ask yourself: when was the last time a French club won a European competition? For all of the 00s it was dominated by Lyon who made zero impact in Europe, then PSG came with the big bucks and established a new hegemony yet I don't think they've ever passed the quarter-finals. In-between you have the varios Marseille, Auxerre, Lille, Monaco etc. would have one good season in a decade.

To compare it to Spain, England, Italy and even Germany is ridiculous. Second-rate league indeed.

Yup, you're definitely angry.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Aug 3 2017, 03:36 PM
Post #44

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 3 2017, 02:10 PM) *
How so?

The tone in your posts the past week or so is aggressive and spiteful.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Aug 3 2017, 03:38 PM
Post #45

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 3 2017, 02:09 PM) *
Agreed. He was still a star at Barca and could have made the move elsewhere. PSG and France were the cop out easy solution to get bucket loads

(...)
He's a star at Barca already. He's loved (or was) by the fans. Messi is 30, Neymar is still young. And had he wanted to really be a STAR he would have chosen another club. He's going to France where he'll be forgotten for the majority of the season by the majority of football watchers as no one really follows PSG avidly in the French league unless they're PSG or League 1 fans to begin with. The amount of coverage he had at Barca will drop significantly now. So how is this not a move for the moula again?

I think you're looking things the wrong way man. Every move out of Barcelona can be considered a move fore the moula. Moving to the EPL would be even more stupid, because Neymar isn't the type of player that would suit English football and he'd soon end up butchered by the various Stones' of the league.

However, at Barcelona he achieved everything. Won CL, won La Liga, everything. He would have always been compared to Messi who's the real boss there and never became the real star, always in a shadow.

A move to PSG makes sense. Teams like Monaco, Nice, even Marseille and Lyon show some interesting competitive signs. Saying that no one will care now that he's gone to a league "that no one watches" other then "league fans" is very simplistic. He'll be the hero of Paris, he can build a new legacy there and take a serious shot at the Champions league, something they really want (and tried) for years now. If he achieves that, he'll be a bigger star than he ever would have been at Barcelona.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 3 2017, 04:10 PM) *
What's your question?

I agree with Danny here, you seem to be somehow very dismissive towards the French league and you underestimate them.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 3 2017, 04:58 PM) *

Second rate league? Man, there's no question, the French league is a top league. That being said, the money lies in the English and Spanish league and will do so for some of the coming years. Does two are, what you probably call, "first tier leagues". But you got spoiled by those standards.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:12 PM