> 2015 Summer transfers

Danny
post Feb 12 2015, 04:56 PM
Post #16

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 12 2015, 03:17 PM) *
But I think R7 was referring to the next season. For the new coach, no?

Nope, he was referring to Pippo. Present tense.

Anyhow, different opinions is what makes a forum interesting. We should respect and encourage such posting, because otherwise this forum will (already has to an extent) turn into a numb and grey place with dominant opinions.

Then my opinion his comment was a troll is my 'different' opinion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) surely I am equally entitled to castigate his opinion as he is to express it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 12 2015, 04:56 PM
Post #17

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Feb 12 2015, 03:22 PM) *
Agreed. If there was some indication that Pippo has a clue or that he is learning from his mistakes, I would be inclined to give him more time. But I have not seen that. We need a real coach, we really do.

So EL is the best we should hope for now. Really?

We've not a hope in hell of an UEL spot.

Next season will be one without Europe. Again.

Well, it will if we retain Pippo.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 12 2015, 09:50 PM
Post #18

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 12 2015, 03:41 PM) *
Surely, I meant top players out of the players who's contract is running out. Per se those players ain't top class. I meant players like Menez and Alex, nice additions.

So nothing has to change or what? How do you think we got to this situation?

I know which players you meant. It just pains me to think of how low we are, that once we used to lure Robaldinho or Van Basten.

Change? I think we have had enough changes. Stability and time is what we need. Shuffling coaches and players every 6 months isn't the answer. I truely believe we need to give Inzaghi, his ideas and his team time and continuity.

Like now Milan are to consider selling DS, not to raise funds to buy better players. But to fill the hole left by no European football (be that el or cl).

And next season if we do not get Europe, it will be even more difficult. With the scarce wuality on our roaster shedding even thinner.

Not the popularist of opinions, but its an origional opinion. My opinion.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 12 2015, 10:02 PM
Post #19

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

DS isn't worth sh*t right now.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 12 2015, 10:04 PM
Post #20

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 12 2015, 09:02 PM) *
DS isn't worth sh*t right now.

Antonelli is 100% better than him right now. We're far better served with Luca starting in that slot for the indefinite future.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 12 2015, 10:20 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 12 2015, 10:04 PM) *
Antonelli is 100% better than him right now. We're far better served with Luca starting in that slot for the indefinite future.

Can't see how you'd make up your mind on that one after just one game tbh...

He did relatively well vs Juve but this is a guy who played one game for us before we shipped him off and could barely cut it at Genoa. Let's not count our chicken before they hatch

As for the players in general, I'm personally hesitant to say that we need an overhaul at this point. How many times are we going to turn this entire squad over and replace average players with even more average ones?

The winter mercato was a clear example of this. We've loaded down our squad with even more average players. The signings in defence are clear examples of this, Bocchetti and Paletta perfectly epitomise what is wrong with this management's strategy.

We spend months trying to get Zaccardo off the books, fail at it so why not sign 3 other players who are round abouts the same level? Let's also renew Bonera's contract while we're at it.

But in the mean time, let's let Abate's and De Jong's contracts run down, because hey, as long as we have Muntari and "can do it all" Bonera, who needs those 2?

There are some obvious names that should definitely be let go this summer, but for me. I'd rather see those name go and sign one or 2 good players (not even going to mention great or top class in this discussion, we couldn't afford that category of players a long time ago) and remove some of the real dead weight in the team. We don't need to make a lot of signings. We have a relatively decent squad for Serie A standards.

One really good CM being top priority and a CB being second priority and we should be done. I'm more concerned at the sheer number of bodies we have in the squad that don't contribute much, if at all. That do nothing but weigh down out wage bill.

Having said all this, the biggest priority on our management's to-do list should be to get in a proper coach, before signing or selling anyone, this is something that has to finally be addressed. We haven't had a proper coach since Carlo and we cannot move forward like this, because no matter who we sign, we will fail anyway if we don't have the right man for the coaching job

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 12 2015, 11:42 PM
Post #22

Amen.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 12 2015, 11:51 PM
Post #23

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 12 2015, 09:20 PM) *
Can't see how you'd make up your mind on that one after just one game tbh...

I just did.

He did relatively well vs Juve

Unlike anyone else.

Case closed.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 13 2015, 09:48 AM
Post #24

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 12 2015, 11:51 PM) *
I just did.

Unlike anyone else.

Case closed.

Can't wait until he has that one bad game and you suddenly turn on him...

His debut was encouraging, but nothing more than that. He's a very average player, just like the majority of our squad.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 13 2015, 12:04 PM
Post #25

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 13 2015, 08:48 AM) *
Can't wait until he has that one bad game and you suddenly turn on him...

You actively want a Milan player to have a poor match in order to 'prove a point'?

His debut was encouraging, but nothing more than that. He's a very average player, just like the majority of our squad.

Encouraging debut - showed what he was capable of in a preview. Ergo he's a better option right now than the trash that is MDS these days.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 13 2015, 05:43 PM
Post #26

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 13 2015, 12:04 PM) *
You actively want a Milan player to have a poor match in order to 'prove a point'?

Encouraging debut - showed what he was capable of in a preview. Ergo he's a better option right now than the trash that is MDS these days.

Nope, just can't wait until you have a fit about him, because I'm expecting it, this isn't about the player, but how you swing from one positive opinion about a player to the other complete opposite end of the spectrum. Can't he just be someone decent who we can use when our first choice isn't available?

I'd still take DS over him anyway, one decent game does not change who Antonelli is, just like one decent game for Zaccardo doesn't mean I suddenly want him to be the starter

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Feb 13 2015, 08:44 PM
Post #27

Let's go back to what I wrote previously. We have 31 players, currently. Serie A from next season does not allow a roster that exceeds 25 players. In this context, I think we should have:

3 GKs
4-5 CBs
3 FBs (one of which can play both sides, i.e. MDS)
5-6 DMs/CMs
4-5 AMs/wingers
2 CFs

That's 22-24 players. We have to get rid of a lot of dead weight this summer, and that's going to be a challenge considering our excess baggage in addition to the various loan spells we have circulating here and there.

In terms of goalies I think we're fit.

In terms of CBs, the only one I would keep without a doubt is Alex (and the guy will be 33). Everyone else is a question mark.

In terms of mids, we have to do everything in our power to keep De Jong. The guy is crucial for us. You can't find someone as good as him for his role nowadays without spending +15 million. The others that need to be confirmed are Poli and Bonaventura. Montolivo I don't give two sh*ts about, but he's the team captain and I can't see us parting ways at this point. If he accepts a substitute role I wouldn't mind. MVG will return to Chelsea so let's forget about him. The others (Essien, Muntari, even Honda) I don't want them near this team.

In terms of AMs/wingers, Menez, Suso, Cerci, El Shaaraway and Mastour are good enough. You can throw Bona in there as well since he's a jolly and can play anywhere.

Destro and someone else for sub CF.

What we truly need are a top quality CB and especially a top quality CM. I would die for Witsel, he'd be beyond perfect. We need to loosen our string a bit this summer and make these signings, otherwise we're looking at another mediocre season.

Oh, and obviously we need a capable coach. That's out of the question.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 14 2015, 02:45 AM
Post #28

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 13 2015, 04:43 PM) *
Nope, just can't wait until you have a fit about him, because I'm expecting it, this isn't about the player, but how you swing from one positive opinion about a player to the other complete opposite end of the spectrum. Can't he just be someone decent who we can use when our first choice isn't available?

Our first choice is currently horrendous. Antonelli impressed me v Juve, in the way Bocchetti did not v Parma.

Two deputies, both given a chance - and one did far better than the other, while the senior first choice is wildly out of form. Remember I whined about Armero being given a chance in the face of MDS being so poor? Well he too turned out awful, but I stand entirely by my desire to see someone else (whoever that was) given a chance. Just so happens we now have Antonelli who's managed to impress us all to a degree (more than MDS has this season) on his sole appearance so given the start, why change it?

If Antonelli has a shocker v Empoli, which I doubt, then we really are in the crapper because then all of Bocchetti, Armero, and Antonelli will be in poor form while MDS is miles away from being fit.

I'd still take DS over him anyway, one decent game does not change who Antonelli is, just like one decent game for Zaccardo doesn't mean I suddenly want him to be the starter

Difference with Zac is Abate is an all-round better RB who's rarely out of form. MDS is rarely in form.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Feb 14 2015, 02:47 AM
Post #29

Allievi Nazionali

3 FBs X? Right now if we went by that, Abate and MDS aren't available, leaving only one FB.

You need at least four, always.

IMO you always need two in every position plus a few extra in general for emergencies. That would make up the 25.

+Quote Post

Forza Milan!
post Feb 14 2015, 12:27 PM
Post #30

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 12,353

Looks like Milan may be sold (link).

A couple of years ago I would have been concerned, as you never know what will happen with the new owners. However, at this point I am ready for a change. Anything has to be better than where we seem to be headed.

Edit: Berlusconi says this is not true

This post has been edited by Forza Milan!: Feb 14 2015, 03:24 PM

+Quote Post

132 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:38 PM