> Oddo explains Italian players exodus

Portman
post Jul 19 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #1

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

Oddo Explains Italian Players Exodus 

(IMG:http://www.lastampa.it/sport/cmssezioni/calcio/200703images/oddo01G.jpg)

According to Massimo Oddo the high amount of Italian players leaving for foreign clubs is not down to their own will.

The exodus of talented Italian players to foreign clubs is worrying for Calcio, but according to Milan full-back Massimo Oddo it is "caused by specific needs for the clubs and not the players' wishes."

The Azzurri right-back has a clear idea of what the core of the problem is: "The fiscal laws we have in Italy", he explained to 'Radio Tv', "are much different from those in the rest of Europe and that makes it very difficult to be competitive within the continent."

The World Cup winner then took time to talk about his club's transfer dealings: "It's not easy for Milan to choose new players, only great players will do to strengthen the squad and improve it; the mid-table clubs can afford to invest in young players without running the risk of burning them out."

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=357972

And he's damn right.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jul 19 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #2

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

These fiscal laws are destroying Italian football it seems... I hope they do something or we will risk losing Kaka! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

This post has been edited by zdrossoneri: Jul 19 2007, 11:57 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 20 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #3

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

There's no way to stop it either, unless an American style salary cap is introduced. That'll never happen though, big teams are too greedy.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jul 20 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #4

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

Next year (2008) Spanish teams will be taxed at the same rate as Italian teams. IIRC the French are the highest taxed in Europe - even premiership players are subject to 40% tax, so I don't know why there is so much whingeing about it.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 20 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #5

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jul 19 2007, 11:18 PM)
Next year (2008) Spanish teams will be taxed at the same rate as Italian teams. IIRC the French are the highest taxed in Europe - even premiership players are subject to 40% tax, so I don't know why there is so much whingeing about it.

As much as I love Italian football, they always have something to complain about. It's an excuse for why they aren't attracting players/winning or whatever else.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 20 2007, 12:55 AM
Post #6

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 20 2007, 02:34 AM)
As much as I love Italian football, they always have something to complain about. It's an excuse for why they aren't attracting players/winning or whatever else.

Winning ?! Italia won the World Cup. AC Milan, won an all English Champions League. I don't think it has something to do with winning (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

attracting players (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) .. You just wait and see, that they will attract the best player in the world within weeks (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

On a serious note though .. Italy is having it bad because of the Euro .. Their economy can't be compared to Germany, Spain, France, ...

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Jul 20 2007, 01:51 AM
Post #7

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

QUOTE (Porty @ Jul 19 2007, 02:41 PM)
And he's damn right.

WEll the fiscal laws don't seem to apply to Inter and Juventus who continue to buy players every season and damn good ones.

It might be different but Milan are still the 3rd richest club and haven't spent much in the past couple years on talent. They were going to possibly offer big money for Etoo and Ronaldinho right. With the money for these guys they could have bought 5 players.

Its just an excuse.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 20 2007, 05:44 AM
Post #8

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Sure...and Inter also have a 122 mill deficit. A 122 freaking million in loss? Why is everyone overlookin this??

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 20 2007, 09:39 AM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Mouthpiece...

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jul 20 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #10

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jul 20 2007, 04:44 AM)
Sure...and Inter also have a 122 mill deficit. A 122 freaking million in loss? Why is everyone overlookin this??

I thought it was 188m?

Shame it isn't in the billions, although there is time (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Jul 20 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #11

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 19 2007, 11:55 PM)
On a serious note though .. Italy is having it bad because of the Euro .. Their economy can't be compared to Germany, Spain, France, ...

I think Galliani is moaning about the amount of tax paid in Spain - at the moment it is 25% while Italy and England pay 40% and France 50%.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 20 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #12

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jul 20 2007, 02:21 PM)
I think Galliani is moaning about the amount of tax paid in Spain - at the moment it is 25% while Italy and England pay 40% and France 50%.

Hmm ... Well, the EPL pays a lot to the clubs .. Even the relegated clubs, they get compensated.

But in Italy, the taxes are high and the economy isn't as stable as Spain or Germany .. Hence the problems that Italian clubs face when they are challenging European clubs for signings ..

Again, teh exact details, I am not sure off .. I am sure taxes are a concern, but I think there is more to it than just taxes (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

bigmacmtl
post Jul 21 2007, 05:43 AM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,592

this is so funny tho. the ironic thing is the my two fav. clubs in in sports are obviously milan and also the canadiens and both have the same problem. the income tax in quebec is higher than in the states and most of the other canadian provinces so it scares away free agents.

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Jul 21 2007, 05:57 AM
Post #14

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

I don't know about you guys but I'm not an investor of the club and don't really care if they get set back some money. I rather see players come in and show quality than we have a surplus cash. We don't seem to spend it on anything other than make the rich investors richer. We have the cash, its just excuses.

They are the 3rd richest club and probably the most frugal. 3rd richest club and have spent a fraction of Madrid that means you have surplus cash. You make money by getting super star players right.

So you invest in Ronaldinho for 100 million euros. People say hes not worth the money. Milan will get probably rake in over a 1 billion in 4 years from image rights and everything else. Madrid made David Beckhams money invested back pretty quickly and made something like 700 million euros while off of Beckham while he was there. Everyones like stupid Madrid spending all this money they made bank, brought attention to the club, and are the richest and most recognized club in the world(according to the poll).

We really couldn't bring these top players because they were happy were they were.
If I was Eto'o or Ronaldinho I think it would pretty excited to play for Barcelona with Henry and others there. Milan are not as attack oriented as some teams and maybe players see us as not in contention for the scudetto.

Its not that we have to break the bank for these players but maybe to get a couple new potential great players out there I think would make us feel good and show that we want to win next season and are looking to retain our Champions League title and take the scudetto back.

This post has been edited by jbryant1: Jul 21 2007, 06:08 AM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 21 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #15

Smoking Bianco

@jbryant1 ... Why is it that u think Milan is a level below Madrid ?!

For the past 20 years, Milan has won more than Madrid. At the moment, Milan is ranked as #1 in Europe. Sure Barca has Henry, but Milan has Kaka and Ronaldo ..

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:33 AM