Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 25/11/2006 - Serie A - Milan v Messina

X-Offender
post Nov 21 2006, 12:30 AM
Post #16

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 20 2006, 11:47 PM)
Another 0-0 on its way...

I doubt it. We're playing at San Siro, and Messina aren't a strong side to worry about. They would be in Serie B now if it wasn't for the scandal.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Nov 21 2006, 09:17 AM
Post #17

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 20 2006, 05:30 PM)
I doubt it. We're playing at San Siro, and Messina aren't a strong side to worry about. They would be in Serie B now if it wasn't for the scandal.

Well... We'll see.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Nov 22 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #18

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

Channel4 Preview
Milan - Messina

In this topsy-turvy season Messina will face Milan at the San Siro as equals – at the very least. Between the Calciopoli deductions and the Rossoneri’s disappointing start to the season they currently find themselves six points behind their Sicilian opponents going into this game.

Unfortunately for Milan, and in particular Alberto Gilardino, Ricardo Oliveira and Filippo Inzaghi, it has been their inability to hit the back of the net that has landed them in trouble and their Coach’s job in jeopardy. They have scored just once in their last four matches – and that was during the 2-1 home defeat at the hands of Roma.

Add to that the losses to Atalanta, AEK Athens in the Champions League and Inter in the all-important Derby della Madonnina, and the Diavoli have managed to earn just one point in five matches. While it is hardly championship form, under-pressure boss Carlo Ancelotti was quick to take the positives when they finally earned that point against Empoli last week.

However, on top of all his other worries Ancelotti also has an injury crisis to contend with. Massimo Ambrosini, Serginho, Kakha Kaladze, Gennaro Gattuso, Giuseppe Favalli and Alessandro Nesta will all miss out through their ailments, meaning the likes of Cristian Brocchi and Daniele Bonera should get another chance to prove their worth for the Rossoneri. There are also doubts over goalkeeper Nelson Dida, Marcos Cafu and Dario Simic after their Greek fitness issues in midweek.

Messina’s injury problems are much less severe with only Mathew Olorunleke out, but defender Marco Zanchi is still suspended after his red card against Torino. Veteran Mark Iuliano should continue in his place, but their 4-1 thrashing by Lazio last week showed that his presence is sorely missed at the back.

The Giallorossi have already seen their excellent start to the season begin to be erased in recent weeks. Their slight loss in form has made the difference between a win and a draw and as a result they now find themselves slipping down the table. A win over Milan at the San Siro would be a huge confidence boost whatever their form and they won’t be afraid to push forward with the Rossoneri’s poor recent strike record.

Man on fire: Christian Rigano (Messina) – With nine goals in 12 games Rigano is Serie A’s surprise top scorer. It may have taken him a while to prove he is up to the task of playing in the top flight, but he’s showing no signs of letting up just yet.

Last season: Milan 4-0 Messina

Form guide: Milan (W L L L D) Messina (L W D D L)

Milan (probable): Dida (Kalac); Simic, Costacurta, Maldini, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kaka; Oliveira, Gilardino

Messina (probable): Storari; Zoro, Iuliano, Rea, Parisi; Alvarez, De Vezze, Cordova, Coppola, Masiello; Rigano

Channel4

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Nov 22 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #19

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Nov 22 2006, 10:07 PM)
Milan (probable): Dida (Kalac); Simic, Costacurta, Maldini, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kaka; Oliveira, Gilardino

Messina (probable): Storari; Zoro, Iuliano, Rea, Parisi; Alvarez, De Vezze, Cordova, Coppola, Masiello; Rigano

those 3 worry me (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 22 2006, 04:17 PM
Post #20

My probable line up: Kalac; Brocchi, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Pirlo, Gourcuff, Seedorf, Kakà; Oliveira, Gilardino.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 22 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #21

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

X, have you heard anything on Milan channel about Dida's situation.

If Kalac is going to start this am fully expecting us to lose because of one of his blunders.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 24 2006, 01:15 AM
Post #22

Dunno, I haven't watched Milan Channel lately, but if the official site says 2-3 months then 2-3 months it should be.

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Nov 24 2006, 06:38 AM
Post #23

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

Is Cafu injured?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 24 2006, 09:42 AM
Post #24

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 24 2006, 05:38 AM)
Is Cafu injured?

Apperantly yes, but I don't think it's anything serious.

So right now our injury list reads something like this.

Dida
Nesta
Kaladze
Cafu
Simic
Serginho
Rino

That is practically our defensive starting lineup

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 24 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #25

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

I think a flat 4-4-2 formation would be our best option for this game, so that we will have a stable midfield and a very solid defence ie. no fullbacks running up and down the flanks, so that Kalac won't be exposed, even for a second if it's possible.

I would go for something like this.

Brocchi--Paolo--Billy--Bonera
Kaka--Pirlo--Seedorf--Janku
---------Oliveira--Gila---------

or a 4-4-1-1 formation

Bonera--Paolo--Billy--Antonelli
Brocchi--Pirlo--Seedorf--Janku
-------------Kaka----------------
-----------------Oli---------------

In both formation Gourcuff could be played in place of either Pirlo or Seedorf, I personally would rather Bench Pirlo since all he seems to be doing lately is losing the ball in dangerous areas of the field.

I think I would swing more in favour of the 4-4-1-1 formation, very solid defence, Janku is naturally a winger, so I think he will play better there and be able to attack more. Brocchi can cover for Pirlo and Seedorf there and help out in the attack, I think he has a great cross and lob.

If we are going to play with one striker and kaka in support of him then Oli should be the one to play as the target man, but also the one who stretches Messina's defence with his runs so that Kaka could penetrate through the middle.

+Quote Post

berenike_10
post Nov 24 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #26

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,894

This is hopeless.. all the season is going down the toilet, the team is playing really bad from time to time, we cannot win any simple game, and the prima squadra is too tired, im getting very dissapointed.... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

the result will be a tie 0-0 or 1-1 no more.

This post has been edited by berenike_10: Nov 24 2006, 07:29 PM

+Quote Post

berenike_10
post Nov 24 2006, 07:32 PM
Post #27

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,894

I was reding in some spanish web site , that milan are seeking this players for the next season , and suposely SILVIO BERLUSCONI wants them..., this are the cracks to make milan elite once more. here you have the list

*steven gerrard
*abidal
*van der vaart
*robben
*fernando torres

* i can bet my left ball that this players wont come to ac milan. ( or at least not all of 'em)

source - mercafutbol.com
http://www.mercafutbol.com/noticias.asp?ct=372&nt=23154

ps. if you understand spanish, go for it.

This post has been edited by berenike_10: Nov 24 2006, 07:33 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Nov 24 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #28

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NESTA, KALA AND SIMIC RETURN
11/24/2006 4:40:00 PM

The Rossoneri were hard at work today ahead of Saturday's game with Messina. Nesta, Kaladze and Simic are back, but not Ambro.

Today’s light pre-game training session started at 3pm CET. Carlo Ancelotti spoke to his players and then they started the session with warm-ups, followed by athletic work that included stretching, running, sprints and speed and agility exercises. Then the session took on a decidely technical-tactical focus after 30 minutes and the group worked with the ball. A series of practice games closed the practice.

Alessandro Nesta, Kala Kaladze and Dario Simic were back training with the group and, in fact, they are on the list of the 20-man squad for Messina. Massimo Ambrosini was not called up and spent the session working in the gym.

The three recovered players, in addition to the three Primavera youth side players (Facchin, Antonelli and Vitofrancesco), offer important options to coach Ancelotti.

Here is the Rossoneri squad for Messina:

KEEPERS: Fiori, Kalac, Facchin (n.30); DEFENDERS: Antonelli (n.31), Bonera, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Jankulovski, Simic; MIDFIELDERS: Brocchi, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf, Vitofrancesco (n.39); STRIKERS: Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira.

acmilan.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post has been edited by dst: Nov 24 2006, 08:39 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Nov 24 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #29

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Some light coming out of the tunnel at last... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

why don't we give a chance to Aubumeyang too... he can't be worse than Borriellinho! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

This post has been edited by dst: Nov 24 2006, 08:40 PM

+Quote Post

Minami
post Nov 24 2006, 08:46 PM
Post #30

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,685

Do you know which channels will broadcast this match??

Because there is no treat in 'Livefootball'...

Hope somebody could help me.. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I think Milan will win something like 2:1 against Messina

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:52 PM