> Italy Needs Champions League Redemption - Ancelotti

Warchant
post Feb 19 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

On the eve of the Celtic-Milan match, Ancelotti confessed: "I will be rooting for Inter and Roma, our football can improve its image."

The Champions League offers a great chance for the Italian football scene to redeem itself after the latest episodes of (deadly) violence, which is why Milan coach Ancelotti will be rooting for Inter and Roma as well in the upcoming knockout rounds of the competition.

That is what the coach said today at the Malpensa airport before embarking on the flight to Glasgow, where his team will face Celtic.

"Since after the World Cup - Ancelotti said - the image of Italian football has continued to deteriorate, until we hit rock bottom with the incidents at Catania.

"These days we are playing games in empty or half-empty stadiums whereas in other countries you see stadiums full of people, enthusiasm, a civil sports culture.

"For this reason I say the Champions League must be our opportunity to re-launch the image of Italian football and show Europe the strength of our football."

So in that sense he will also be rooting for Inter and Roma: "The Champions League is the highest stage there is and I don't agree with Capello when he says those things - he added referring to the Real Madrid coach's assessment of the Italian league as "easier" compared to the Spanish and English leagues.

"I'd say that Capello just made a technical evaluation but I don't agree. I think the Italian league is very difficult. Ronaldo has integrated himself very well in the team and he scores because he is good, not because it's 'easy'."

As for the relation between Italian and European football, we will have a clearer idea after this Champions League round - Ancelotti responded. - I will be rooting for Inter and Roma as well because Italian football needs positive results at the moment."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Feb 19 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #2

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

As much as it would help Italian football if Inter progressed this stage, I'd rather they didn't.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 20 2007, 02:33 AM
Post #3

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

I hope Milan go all the way ... !!!! Milan simply has too !!!

+Quote Post

misha
post Feb 20 2007, 02:38 AM
Post #4

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 20 2007, 12:34 AM)
As much as it would help Italian football if Inter progressed this stage, I'd rather they didn't.

Agreed (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 20 2007, 08:33 AM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 20 2007, 01:33 AM)
I hope Milan go all the way ... !!!! Milan simply has too !!!

Not easy to go all the way this year, we lack a striker that could be decicive for us, Gila has trouble in the CL and I'm pretty sure he can't carry the scoring burden by himself in it. Oli is just starting to regain his form.

I wish we would have had Ronaldo in the CL he is that sort of striker that would carry the burden of scoring for us without any problems and do his job.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 20 2007, 09:44 AM
Post #6

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

@han

I agree w/ u .. But this team has the experience to go through knock-out rounds. Unlike in the league, where we lack depth on the bench.

W/o Gila, Pippo, and Oli being consistent .. it would be rather difficult (strongly agree), but the team as a whole has the experience (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

Our strikers form might be to our advantage, as it would cause the opposision to get laid back more (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I hope Milan can go all the way (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) Actually I'm rooting for them to go all the way FORZA MILAN !

+Quote Post

ToNTZa
post Feb 23 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #7

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 567

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 20 2007, 10:44 AM)
But this team has the experience to go through knock-out rounds.

I fully agree with you and Milan will go all the way! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by ToNTZa: Feb 23 2007, 03:56 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:27 PM