> Now that we have the final roster...

han2503
post Aug 31 2015, 11:02 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

What do you think our first 11 should look like? Here are the 27 gems you have to pick from:

Goalkeepers:

1. Christian Abbiati
  2. Gianluigi Donnarumma
  3. Diego Lopez

Defenders:

4. Cristian Zapata
  5. Alex
  6. Alessio Romagnoli
  7. Philippe Mexes
  8. Rodrigo Ely
  9. Luca Antonelli
  10. Ignazio Abate
  11. Mattia De Sciglio

Midfielders:

12. Nigel De Jong
  13. Giacomo Bonaventura
  14. Andrea Bertolacci
  15. Andrea Poli
  16. Riccardo Montolivo
  17. Antonio Nocerino
  18. Jose Mauri
  19. Juraj Kucka

Attackers:

20. Suso
  21. Jeremy Menez
  22. Keisuke Honda
  23. Alessio Cerci
  24. Luiz Adriano
  25. Carlos Bacca
  26. Mbaye Niang
  27. Mario Balotelli

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 1 2015, 12:17 AM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

Can't believe we kept Nocerino. Benched at West Ham, benched at Torino, only played in a bankrupt Parma. Useless, useless player.

Anyway, my starting line-up would be:

Lopez
Abate - Mexes - Romagnoli - MDS
Bonaventura - Montolivo - De Jong - Bertolacci
Adriano - Bacca

That's right, 4-4-2. We don't have the trequartista to play 4-3-1-2. Also, the fact I'm putting Montolivo there just makes it more obvious how utterly craptastic our midfield is. I shed tears.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 1 2015, 12:34 AM
Post #3

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

With the utter rubbish we have, I agree with X that 4:3:1:2 is not viable. I disagree with 4:4:2 - we don't have the wingers for it. In fact his team looks, with all due respect, disgusting.

We also don't have the players for the next selection, a 4:3:3.

Horrible to say it but the squad is an absolute joke and isn't neatly built for any system or tactic.

Our best XI is Lopez, Abate, Alex, Zapata, Antonelli, De Jong, Bona, Menez, Balo, Bacca, Adriano. Those are our best players. But look how imbalanced it is. Even accounting for Mexes, Romag, MDS and maybe Cerci?

That's right. Two midfielders, a selfish winger/false 9, a egocentric striker, and two pieces of quality up top.

This squad is the most imbalanced load of shite in my Milan-supporting lifetime.

It's awful, truly awful. Some quality in places but overall honking. Only we could spend 100M and make the squad worse.

In short: we don't have a best XI. We just don't.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 1 2015, 12:39 AM
Post #4

Yep, that's the way to put. We don't have a best XI. Mihajlovic will struggle to find the right formation and line-up, and he will fail to do so because there ain't no right formation and line-up. He will eventually be sacked at the end of December after a poor first half of the season, and then Galliani will be sacked at the end of the season for having spent 90M and still finishing up 10th.

That's my prediction. Unless Miha somehow works a miracle..

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 1 2015, 05:25 PM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 1 2015, 12:17 AM) *
Can't believe we kept Nocerino. Benched at West Ham, benched at Torino, only played in a bankrupt Parma. Useless, useless player.

Anyway, my starting line-up would be:

Lopez
Bonaventura - Montolivo - De Jong - Bertolacci
Adriano - Bacca

That's right, 4-4-2. We don't have the trequartista to play 4-3-1-2. Also, the fact I'm putting Montolivo there just makes it more obvious how utterly craptastic our midfield is. I shed tears.

Hmm, I don't think a 4-4-2 is a viable option though, neither is a 4-3-3...

I'd personally keep that same line-up but go with the diamond still. Who knows, maybe Miha can find a way to make it function. Mine would probably be

Lopez
De Jong - Montolivo - Bertolacci
Bonaventura
Adriano - Bacca

I'm tempted to go with Balo instead of Adriano as he has more of a creative spark in him plus he can sometimes score goals out of nothing, which I don't see Adriano being able to do. But I'll give the Bacca-Adriano pairing more of a chance

It will also be interesting to see what Miha does when Menez returns

+Quote Post

William405
post Sep 1 2015, 07:09 PM
Post #6

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

the thing is on paper we can put a decent first XI really..that can challenge most teams in Serie A. The problem here is on the field though. We have good individual players.

Though, I'll agree with Han here for trying out Montolivo. He just came back from injury and I think you guys are being too harsh on him when he hasn't been on the field for a long time. I don't like him either but yeah I would still try him out.

The options in attack are great to have..I won't argue with that.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 1 2015, 09:52 PM
Post #7

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 1 2015, 07:09 PM) *
the thing is on paper we can put a decent first XI really..

I just don't agree.

The balance of the squad is all wrong and it's relying on 'oh let's try Monto' or 'oh maybe Menez is the answer' or 'Cerci deserves a shot' yadda.

Nothing is particularly reliable and the squad doesn't allow us to try different things except those which make no formation sense.

Imbalanced.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post Sep 3 2015, 12:03 PM
Post #8

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 2,029

I think its worth giving Monto a shot to nail down a starting spot, theoretically he is the type of player to help ease the logjam that is our midfield. Hopefully he can come back and make a good impression. I'm also for giving Cerci a chance, last year he was crap but at Torino playing as a second striker he had his best year. Pair him with a finisher in Bacca and he might fare better.

I also believe that Balo will eventually put Adriano out of the first team. If what everyone is saying about Balo is true and he has realized this is his last shot, he has more potential than any other player on the team. He could end up as a true steal a few years down the line.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 3 2015, 12:11 PM
Post #9

Allievi Nazionali

Potential is applicable to a 19-year old. Even up to 22.

But Balo's 25.

He's past the 'potential' stage. Well past.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 3 2015, 04:57 PM
Post #10

The thing with Balo is that we all know how good he can be (not saying he's a top player, but he's certainly not as bad as the last year with Liverpool made him out to be). If he can get his head straight, he can be a useful asset. The one million dollar question though is, will he be able to do that? I'm personally skeptical, as I think once a donkey, always a donkey. That's why players like Cassano, Adriano etc. were never able to excel in their careers.

But from what I've been reading, he's really taken things seriously this time. He knows that this is his very last chance to redeem himself. If he fails again, he'll plummet into mediocrity for the rest of his life. Last I read, Mihajlovic requires all players to be present at Milanello at 8:30 for breakfast. Balo is always there at 8...

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 3 2015, 10:04 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

Well yes, but my point is we DO know what he's capable of.

There's no more 'hidden potential' at his age.

And we've seen him at his best, and yes, it's pretty good. But, as you say, the question remains as to whether he will unleash his best and stay there with a good attitude, or just piss it all away, as he has done the past decade or so.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 5 2015, 09:47 AM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

Been having a think about this, and injuries and personality notwithstanding, this is about the best Milan 'team' I think there is.

-------------------Lopez

Abate-------Alex--------Zapata---------Antonelli

-------------------De Jong

-------Bona------------------Poli

--------------------Menez

-----------Adriano-----Bacca

The diamond formation is the only one we have that best fits the players we have. Menez is the ONLY option for trequartista - he's the only player with the talent and intelligence to create and see, but needs to get rid of the selfish streak for it to work.

I stand by my feelings on defence - I wouldn't bother with Mexes, Romagnoli or Ely. And MDS I'd keep miles away from the squad.

Midfield is...hard working, I guess. Bona showed quality last week and was a game-changer, while Poli is a kind of hybrid of him and De Jong. It's miles from good, but it's the best we have. I wouldn't have Kucka, Monto or Berto anywhere near the XI.

And up front picks itself.

It is, on reflection, about the only vaguely reasonable team I think we have.

Slim pickings.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 5 2015, 11:03 AM
Post #13

Romagnoli and Bertolacci will play regardless because we spent 45M on them. And honestly, they're both better than Alex and Poli. At least in my opinion. Alex is super slow and unreliable nowadays. He had a terrible, terrible pre-season, and I'm sure he's one of the players Miha was referring to after the Mantova game. Whereas Poli has regressed a lot from when we signed him. He seemed like a potential prospect back then, but has gradually turned out into another Nocerino.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Sep 5 2015, 11:25 AM
Post #14

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 5 2015, 11:03 AM) *
Romagnoli and Bertolacci will play regardless because we spent 45M on them. And honestly, they're both better than Alex and Poli.

Berto, on his displays thus far, is nowhere near as good as Poli.
Romag, on his displays thus far, is mediocre and not as good as Alex.

At least in my opinion. Alex is super slow and unreliable nowadays. He had a terrible, terrible pre-season,

Berto had a good one and has been a complete disaster since the real stuff started. Pre-season displays from individuals are far from representative. Plus Alex's head was all over the place - he was leaving 3 times.

and I'm sure he's one of the players Miha was referring to after the Mantova game. Whereas Poli has regressed a lot from when we signed him. He seemed like a potential prospect back then, but has gradually turned out into another Nocerino.

He hasn't played very much, bit unfair to judge him on fleeting sub appearances. He was never a first-team pick either. But he's been pretty reliable when he's come in.

But this, all this just shows how flaky the squad is - it's mediocrity and painful to witness.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 5 2015, 07:19 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Danny @ Sep 5 2015, 11:25 AM) *
Berto, on his displays thus far, is nowhere near as good as Poli.
Romag, on his displays thus far, is mediocre and not as good as Alex.

Berto nowhere near as good as Poli? You make it sound like Poli is Marchisio. And if Romagnoli is mediocre, then he's better than Alex who's just plain terrible.

If we're going 4-3-1-2, then my picks would be:

Lopez
Montolivo - De Jong - Bertolacci
Bonaventura
Bacca - Adriano

Though if Montolivo continues his crap form, then I'd swap him for Bona and play Menez as AM. No Kucka, Poli or Nocerino please. They add absolutely nothing.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:08 AM