Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Berlusconi sentenced to 4 years in prison

d'Arc.LP
post Oct 26 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,786

Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has been sentenced to four years in prison for tax evasion.

Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has been sentenced to four years in prison and will be forced to pay part of a €10m fine for tax evasion.

The verdict was delivered by a Milan court on Friday afternoon – six years after the trial which looked at the activity of his Mediaset TV company – originally began.

Legal cases in Italy must pass two levels of appeal before any verdict is made final. The statue of limitations rule on this case expires in 2013.

Berlusconi is expected to appeal.

Source: http://www.football-italia.net/26560/berlu...ted-tax-evasion

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Oct 26 2012, 03:40 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 26 2012, 03:57 PM
Post #2

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

It will be some time before they actually finalise anything. I'm sure he is guilty but I'm just interested to know how it affects the club.

I really hope he is working on an equity sale.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 26 2012, 04:43 PM
Post #3

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Mafioso...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 26 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

C'mon...tax evasion is hardly a mafioso crime. It's a big business crime.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 26 2012, 05:14 PM
Post #5

He's a mafioso nonetheless.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Oct 26 2012, 05:19 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Don't like the guy so I can't say this surprises or disappoints me.

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 26 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Just like Al Capone... ?

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 26 2012, 11:18 PM
Post #8

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

I don't love Silvio either, but this hardly surprises me. whenever you hear his name in the news you can bet it's something scandalous.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 27 2012, 05:50 PM
Post #9

Berlusconi: "I can't take care of Milan anymore. My aim is to continue the process of modernization and changing of this country. Besides politics, you know my other obligations. I have the Luigi Berlusconi Foundation, which aims at building hospitals for children around the world. I wanted to dedicate more time to the Università della Libertà, and my third obligation is a football club that needs particular care at the moment. However, I cannot dedicate any more time to any of these three things, because I want to devote the maximum of my time to politics".

Link

Well, there you have it. If anyone didn't believe that Silvio doesn't care about Milan anymore, you've got the confirmation from the big man himself. Thoughts?

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 27 2012, 06:23 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

I have a slightly different translation from football-italia.

Milan President Silvio Berlusconi admits the club “needs to be looked after at the moment.”

The patron hit the headlines this week when he was sentenced to four years in prison for tax fraud, but it was reduced to one year due to a legal loophole and he won’t actually have to serve any time until the lengthy appeals process has concluded.

“I wanted to dedicate myself to a football club that needs to be looked after at the moment,” he said in a Press conference.

“As you know, aside from politics I also deal with the Luigi Berlusconi Foundation, whose mission it is to build hospitals for children around the world.

“I will have to spread my attention around all these different directions, because I intend to dedicate most of my time to my country and continuing the process of modernisation and change.”

Some of Berlusconi’s recent legal problems have seen him hit with huge fines, which some suggest is the reason Milan have had to tighten their belts recently.

This week former Prime Minister Berlusconi also announced that he would not be running for office again.

It doesn't mean much either way. As a operational figure his influence has been waning for a long time now. And something like this already happened with Roma under the Sensi family. I only hope we won't go down that same route.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 27 2012, 06:37 PM
Post #11

Primavera

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 27 2012, 10:20 PM) *
Berlusconi: "I can't take care of Milan anymore. My aim is to continue the process of modernization and changing of this country. Besides politics, you know my other obligations. I have the Luigi Berlusconi Foundation, which aims at building hospitals for children around the world. I wanted to dedicate more time to the Università della Libertà, and my third obligation is a football club that needs particular care at the moment. However, I cannot dedicate any more time to any of these three things, because I want to devote the maximum of my time to politics".

Link

Well, there you have it. If anyone didn't believe that Silvio doesn't care about Milan anymore, you've got the confirmation from the big man himself. Thoughts?

Once a politician, always a politician. (IMG:http://www.milanfan.com/forums/style_images/bullet/folder_post_icons/icon2.gif)

My question is, does this mean he wants to sell the club? because as much as I want to believe it does, I don't think so. he ain't gonna let go of "this thing" easily now. and why should he, as long as the club is not in the red which means we will have to suffer for the years to come and sell our valuable players to make ends meet.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 27 2012, 07:11 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

I don't believe that. For someone as egotistical as Berlusconi to have one of his possessions 'suck' all the time makes him look bad and that he won't tolerate.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Oct 27 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #13

Primavera

He can make it stop sucking whenever he wants maybe by selling some of the shares or sth.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 27 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

We already know he is doing that. It's just hard to find someone in this economic climate.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 27 2012, 08:37 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 27 2012, 08:23 PM) *
I have a slightly different translation from football-italia.

LOL, Football-Italia failing at translating a simple piece of text. They should hire me instead. He clearly states that he doesn't have time anymore for Milan, Luigi Berlusconi Foundation and Università della Libertà because he wants to devote all his time to politics. It's on Mediaset, Sky, Gazzetta and pretty much every other Italian sports site.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:46 PM