> Serie A 2021/2022 Season, Serie A Discussion

han2503
post Jul 14 2022, 07:59 PM
Post #2101

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Still think we need another CB R7. Gabbia is just not a viable backup. And no, it shouldn't be just anyone. Either bring in a young player who is promising, or at least an experienced Serie A player. Gabbia should be loaned, we've see him stunted for the past 3 years now because he's not seeing enough minutes. Send him to a mid-table Serie A side to get good time under his belt and then we can re-assess

Midfield we've lost Kessie. And although he was pretty average throughout last season, it's still a big hole to fill, Adli is an attacking mid, at most a CM, he cannot play in the double pivot imo. Pobega I'm still not sold on and we cannot put the entire burden of the midfield on Tonali and Bennacer. The schedule is going to be super tight because of the ridiculous WC in the winter so we need an extra mid. Whether that will be Sanches or someone else, I do not know, but we need another player in there who is just as good as Benna and Tonali

Re the transfer market. I can understand why everyone is getting frustrated. We've already wasted June with the will they/won't they management renewal saga. Now we've been reading "Milan one step closer to X player" for weeks on end with nothing happening. We're a month away from the start of the season and we're still staring at the potential of starting the season with f@cking Messias and Alexis on the right and no AM to speak of while playing a system that uses an AM...

I thought we'd be quick out of the blocks this summer but we've basically done nothing so far aside from a free transfer. It is worrying that we're still haggling over 5m differences as well. How many players are we going to lose because of this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 14 2022, 09:10 PM
Post #2102

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

I think at this point we just have to be patient. We know how this management operates, and as irritating as it can get, we really should give a final verdict to the transfer window on the 31st of August.

And in all honesty, I really don't think we have lost any players by taking too long. Botman was never meant to be because we could have never matched Newcastle's offer of 40m, regardless of how much Botman wanted to join us.

Same for Renato Sanches. Whereas we do have an agreement with Lille, the player just keeps asking too much money, and once there was an interest from PSG he completely botched negotiations with us. The guy just reeks of mercenary if you ask me.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 15 2022, 08:59 PM
Post #2103

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

^^^ agreed. Still sad about Sanches, but what can you do. I can't fault him either, players have to look out for themselves. I really don't thin it's a matter of him being a mercenary. His former coach and management have moved over to PSG. I can't blame him for wanting to work with Galtier again at PSG, not to mention the salary is reportedly more than double of what we offered.

That being said, had the futsing about with the management's contracts not been an issue, I do think we'd have closed the deal out as soon as the season ended, before Campos and Galtier moved over to PSG. The delay made the PSG swoop possible

I've come to the conclusion that no media outlet knows wtf is going on with our transfer market. Stuff is usually announced just as they're about to happen. When these long transfer sagas happen, it usually just media talk and nothing ever comes of it. I wouldn't be surprised if we signed 3 random players we've never been linked with as of yet.

That being said, it is still frustrating that's we're going to waste pre-season with Pioli being unable to integrate the new players into the group before the season starts. Because at this rate, that's looking very likely

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 16 2022, 09:39 AM
Post #2104

Bruh, Sanches has been playing with his salary demands for half a year with us. If he really had any working brain cells, he'd sign for us on that 4.5m offer and be one of the most important players in our team. Sign for PSG and you're simply one of the many in a team fully stacked with midfielders.

I honestly can't stand him anymore and he can go f*ck himself as far as I'm concerned.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 17 2022, 12:41 PM
Post #2105

So we beat Koln 2-1 last night. Saw the match. We were missing almost all starters, but still in the first half we had a good display. Rebic looks really fresh and gritty in these early games. Hopefully injuries don't torment him anymore cos we desperately need him like this. His assist to Giroud was splendid.

I'm also being impressed by Adli. The kid really could turn out to be the trequartista we needed. With Leao and De Ketelaere on the flanks we could have something special.

On a side note, about De Ketelaere, many people seem to think the guy is a #10 AM. But that's not the case. In his entire professional career he has played in that position only 13 times in 113 games. He doesn't like to play centrally but always starting from the flanks. Just check his heatmap from last season:

(IMG:https://i.ibb.co/qssVyhn/Screenshot-2022-07-16-at-15-08-18.png)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 17 2022, 02:58 PM
Post #2106

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 16 2022, 09:39 AM) *
Bruh, Sanches has been playing with his salary demands for half a year with us. If he really had any working brain cells, he'd sign for us on that 4.5m offer and be one of the most important players in our team. Sign for PSG and you're simply one of the many in a team fully stacked with midfielders.

I honestly can't stand him anymore and he can go f*ck himself as far as I'm concerned.

We're offering him 3.5 last I checked. A lot of matters have played into this though. In June we were basically stuck and didn't complete any deals with the management's futures up in the air. That allowed the Lille people to move over to PSG, which is when the deal got f@cked over imo. At PSG he'll be going to play for a coach that knows him and sees him as valuable though. It's not as cut and dry as you're making it out to be. He won't be just a number there. Plus they're offering him almost 2 times as much as us. And for us on the outside it's easy to say pick Milan but would you honestly choose a job that pays nearly half of what another company is offering you?

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 17 2022, 12:41 PM) *
So we beat Koln 2-1 last night. Saw the match. We were missing almost all starters, but still in the first half we had a good display. Rebic looks really fresh and gritty in these early games. Hopefully injuries don't torment him anymore cos we desperately need him like this. His assist to Giroud was splendid.

I'm also being impressed by Adli. The kid really could turn out to be the trequartista we needed. With Leao and De Ketelaere on the flanks we could have something special.

On a side note, about De Ketelaere, many people seem to think the guy is a #10 AM. But that's not the case. In his entire professional career he has played in that position only 13 times in 113 games. He doesn't like to play centrally but always starting from the flanks. Just check his heatmap from last season:

(IMG:https://i.ibb.co/qssVyhn/Screenshot-2022-07-16-at-15-08-18.png)

First half we had some first teamers (normal rotation players) we looked pretty sharp. Barely watched the s=2nd half as it was a mess with all the changes. Did you see some of the body cam footage? Looked really interesting

As for CDK, I don't know, but if that's the case, why are we going after Ziyech and not an AM in that case? Let's see what happens. I really hope we get both still, but given this info, it would make more sense to get a pure AM

Btw, Pobega and Baka are not going to be up to snuff. Without Kessie our midfield is threadbare. One injury to Tonali or Benna and we are capital F f@cked! We absolutely have to look into getting a defensive mid as well this summer. Which atm I'm really concerned about considering we're not being linked to any and have not concluded a single deal aside from a free transfer and we're passed mid July

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 17 2022, 03:09 PM
Post #2107

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 17 2022, 02:58 PM) *
We're offering him 3.5 last I checked. A lot of matters have played into this though. In June we were basicallu stuck and didn't complete any deals with the management's futures up in the air. That allowed the Lilli connection to move over to PSG, which is when the deal got f@cked over imo. At PSG he'll be going to play for a coach that know him and sees him as valuable though. It's not as cut and dry as you're making it out to be. He won't be just a number there. Pls they're offering him almost 2 times as much as us. And for us on the outside it's easy to say pick Milan but would you honestly choose to a job that pays nearly half of what another company is offering you?

We don't know anything about how much each club is offering. It's all media speculation. For example, I've heard we're offering him 4.5m, not 3.5m. Which proves exactly my point.

And if his old coach values him so much PSG wouldn't be offering scraps to Lille to sign him. If they want wanted they could write a cheque of 20m and be done with it.

But hey, as I said, the guy can do whatever the f*ck he pleases. I've personally lost all hopes and respect for him.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 17 2022, 03:15 PM
Post #2108

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 17 2022, 02:58 PM) *
First half we had some first teamers (normal rotation players) we looked pretty sharp. Barely watched the s=2nd half as it was a mess with all the changes. Did you see some of the body cam footage? Looked really interesting

As for CDK, I don't know, but if that's the case, why are we going after Ziyech and not an AM in that case? Let's see what happens. I really hope we get both still, but given this info, it would make more sense to get a pure AM

Btw, Pobega and Baka are not going to be up to snuff. Without Kessie our midfield is threadbare. One injury to Tonali or Benna and we are capital F f@cked! We absolutely have to look into getting a defensive mid as well this summer. Which atm I'm really concerned about considering we're not being linked to any and have not concluded a single deal aside from a free transfer and we're passed mid July

Because, as I said, with Adli and Brahim we're pretty much covered in the AM department. I have a feeling Adli will surprise everyone this season. I know it's too early to make such a proclamation, but I get really good vibes from him. And maybe Pioli is seeing it too.

When you think about it, the rumours regarding Ziyech have died down considerably. I'm not saying negotiations have fallen, but maybe he's more of a last minute bargain deal if the opportunity presents itself.

Agreed about Pobega and Bakayoko. Whilst we knew Bakayoko is trash, Pobega is somebody a lot of people have high hopes for. But to me he's always looked like a very mediocre player. I just don't see how he can fit in our playing style.

We should offload Bakayoko as soon as possible (I read Rino is interested in bringing him in at Valencia), sign a decent backup for Tonali and Benna, and have Pobega be the 4th choice in that midfield.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 19 2022, 07:33 AM
Post #2109

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 14 2022, 10:59 PM) *
Still think we need another CB R7. Gabbia is just not a viable backup. And no, it shouldn't be just anyone. Either bring in a young player who is promising, or at least an experienced Serie A player. Gabbia should be loaned, we've see him stunted for the past 3 years now because he's not seeing enough minutes. Send him to a mid-table Serie A side to get good time under his belt and then we can re-assess

Midfield we've lost Kessie. And although he was pretty average throughout last season, it's still a big hole to fill, Adli is an attacking mid, at most a CM, he cannot play in the double pivot imo. Pobega I'm still not sold on and we cannot put the entire burden of the midfield on Tonali and Bennacer. The schedule is going to be super tight because of the ridiculous WC in the winter so we need an extra mid. Whether that will be Sanches or someone else, I do not know, but we need another player in there who is just as good as Benna and Tonali

Re the transfer market. I can understand why everyone is getting frustrated. We've already wasted June with the will they/won't they management renewal saga. Now we've been reading "Milan one step closer to X player" for weeks on end with nothing happening. We're a month away from the start of the season and we're still staring at the potential of starting the season with f@cking Messias and Alexis on the right and no AM to speak of while playing a system that uses an AM...

I thought we'd be quick out of the blocks this summer but we've basically done nothing so far aside from a free transfer. It is worrying that we're still haggling over 5m differences as well. How many players are we going to lose because of this?

Yes i agree, Gabbia should be loaned out for sure. A decent backup to Tomori/Kjaer/Kalulu, Serie A proven is preferred here.

For midfield, I dont know I think Pobega would do well to get some minutes and European exposure. He is a youth product and a kid I liked what he showed at Torino last season. If Bakayoko leaves then there is room for one more.

For the AM, CDK seems imminent to arrive. However for RW, I am not sure if Ziyech will come on loan or the club will bring in someone else.

The slow maneuvering was due in most part to the renewal of Maldini/Massara as Paolo stated that they will recover lost ground. But the budget is still tight despite winning the Scudetto.

I remain optimistic, but wont dream of a Mr X just yet.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 20 2022, 07:43 PM
Post #2110

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 17 2022, 03:09 PM) *
We don't know anything about how much each club is offering. It's all media speculation. For example, I've heard we're offering him 4.5m, not 3.5m. Which proves exactly my point.

And if his old coach values him so much PSG wouldn't be offering scraps to Lille to sign him. If they want wanted they could write a cheque of 20m and be done with it.

But hey, as I said, the guy can do whatever the f*ck he pleases. I've personally lost all hopes and respect for him.

It is clear by now that no media outlet really has a solid inside source with this management. The BS reports are getting to the point where I'm really ignoring everything right now.

I still want Renato, whether he's been swayed by PSG is another matter. Last week the French media said PSG close for him, now they're saying nothing has happened on that front. It's as you said, if PSG really wanted him and the player is pushing for it, it would have been done. So it is not as cut and dry as you're saying. We're making judgments on this player based on BS reporting. It's always going to be the case that a player and agent wil push for the best for themselves. My issue is that we're currently operating within budget constraints which are worse than Roma/Lazio's it seems, which is seriously worrying and does not bode well for the future under the new management. And under those restrictions you're never going to get your first choice, not in today's market

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 17 2022, 03:15 PM) *
Because, as I said, with Adli and Brahim we're pretty much covered in the AM department. I have a feeling Adli will surprise everyone this season. I know it's too early to make such a proclamation, but I get really good vibes from him. And maybe Pioli is seeing it too.

When you think about it, the rumours regarding Ziyech have died down considerably. I'm not saying negotiations have fallen, but maybe he's more of a last minute bargain deal if the opportunity presents itself.

Agreed about Pobega and Bakayoko. Whilst we knew Bakayoko is trash, Pobega is somebody a lot of people have high hopes for. But to me he's always looked like a very mediocre player. I just don't see how he can fit in our playing style.

We should offload Bakayoko as soon as possible (I read Rino is interested in bringing him in at Valencia), sign a decent backup for Tonali and Benna, and have Pobega be the 4th choice in that midfield.

We should have cashed in on Pobega of Toro wanted him. I do not understand keeping him and redeeming Messias as well. Neither decision makes sense as we've basically just added 2 bodies to the squad that won't add quality but are just a number. I don't think we can rely on Adli and Diaz. Inter and Juve have improved their squads, especially Juve, 2 kids who are unproven are not going to cut it. We did not replace Hakan last summer and now we're going to p!ss away another summer without signing a proper AM. And we're also seemingly waffling on the CDK front. This summer, is becoming so tedious that I feel myself developing a stomach ulcer!

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 19 2022, 07:33 AM) *
Yes i agree, Gabbia should be loaned out for sure. A decent backup to Tomori/Kjaer/Kalulu, Serie A proven is preferred here.

For midfield, I dont know I think Pobega would do well to get some minutes and European exposure. He is a youth product and a kid I liked what he showed at Torino last season. If Bakayoko leaves then there is room for one more.

For the AM, CDK seems imminent to arrive. However for RW, I am not sure if Ziyech will come on loan or the club will bring in someone else.

The slow maneuvering was due in most part to the renewal of Maldini/Massara as Paolo stated that they will recover lost ground. But the budget is still tight despite winning the Scudetto.

I remain optimistic, but wont dream of a Mr X just yet.

CDK is a winger as x-off rightly point out above, look at any video clip of him, he always starts wide. The Messias signing looks even worse in this case because we'll have put in nearly 6m for him and we're going for another RW, plus Alexis as well. Unless we're going to sell off either Alexis or Messias Ziyech and CDK at the same time are a no-go

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 20 2022, 07:54 PM
Post #2111

Unfortunately this is another slow summer. Nothing has really changed. We just have to bear it and be patient.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 21 2022, 12:01 PM
Post #2112

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Messias and Saelmakers are great options to have when your roster has either CDK or Ziyach or both.

This summer things are rather quiet at the HQ. But I remain optimistic as the club havnt even reacted to either positive or negative rumors. Which means there are moves being done, what we are being fed is media crap that only reveal the tip of the iceberg.

Take Sanches for example, the media keeps spinning things like his preferred destination is PSG, when the player himself has not come out publicly to state that.

I leave this with you to decipher the codes in the media as I give up on reading anything they spit out until Maldini himself comes shoulder to shoulder with the respective player and a contract in hand.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 27 2022, 06:51 PM
Post #2113

This Adli kid, I'm starting to like him quite a lot...

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 27 2022, 08:19 PM
Post #2114

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 21 2022, 12:01 PM) *
Messias and Saelmakers are great options to have when your roster has either CDK or Ziyach or both.

This summer things are rather quiet at the HQ. But I remain optimistic as the club havnt even reacted to either positive or negative rumors. Which means there are moves being done, what we are being fed is media crap that only reveal the tip of the iceberg.

Take Sanches for example, the media keeps spinning things like his preferred destination is PSG, when the player himself has not come out publicly to state that.

I leave this with you to decipher the codes in the media as I give up on reading anything they spit out until Maldini himself comes shoulder to shoulder with the respective player and a contract in hand.

It's been proven over and over again for a while now that there is no inside source with the management in the media.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 27 2022, 06:51 PM) *
This Adli kid, I'm starting to like him quite a lot...

Didn't watch the friendly but people on social media are raving about him. Looks like the RW is going to be the final part of the puzzle for the attack as things stand with Adli in the mix

We're also being linked with that Aston Villa kid and people rate him really highly. I think this is the way to go for us. Adli for 8m looks like it's going to be great business, CDK costs more because he's been hyped for a couple of years now, but we're going to have to make these bargain moves for young players because the budget is clearly not there

At least positive signs have filtered through today re the CDK deal. Hopefully we close that, get a CDM, CB and maybe a LB backup if possible.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 28 2022, 09:06 AM
Post #2115

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Btw R7, re Renato. I find it hard to believe that PSG want a player and wouldn't just complete the deal especially when the price is low because of an expiring contract. I don't know of it is us, them or the player holding up the deal. We'll see how it ends but I haven't completely lost faith that we'll bring him in. If we get him and CDK. I think we're good in midfield and attack. Ziyech would be a luxury signing and would make the messias signing even more of a head scratcher. Especially with Alexis still on the books

+Quote Post

142 Pages V  « < 139 140 141 142 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:11 PM