> Moggi To Duck And Cover In Referee Scandal?

Warchant
post May 5 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

Story

Juventus General Director, Luciano Moggi, is no stranger to controversy in his role as the Vecchia Signora’s ‘Consigliere,' accusations usually washing off the influential exec like water off a duck’s back. The latest reports emanating from Italy would, however, suggest that this particular duck may be in for a roasting if allegations published in Italian broadsheet ‘Corriere Della Sera’ are true.
The whiff of scandal can be sniffed back to the 5th of last month when the Italian Football Federation received a report from the Turin attorney general’s office – also submitted to the Rome attorney general’s office and UEFA, as published in the "Gazzetta Dello Sport."  Said report alerted to the fact that wire taps had been placed on Moggi’s lines to unearth what could be match rigging.

According to the first reports, Luciano Moggi, an Italian Federation VP (Inocenzo Mazzini) and Pierluigi Pairetto – the retired international ref turned referee selector for Serie A – have been exchanging more than recipes for Bracciola.  This heady brew has been stewing for the past month and seems to have cooked up a tasty scandal after the respected ‘Corriere Della Sera’ published (alleged) transcripts of conversations held between the Juve Capo and what could be some willing allies in high places.

The full list of iffy conversations runs to a jaw-dropping 100 pages of chat that is rich with implications that the Bianconeri boss has been using foul as well as fair play to ensure that the Old Lady is helped through the Italian league and shown a sparkling Scudetto.  Explosive stuff, indeed, but before rival fans and incensed fair-play-followers’ heads start exploding in crimson apoplexy, it must be noted that the bulk apparently dates back to last season.  So far.

The case is being excavated by Turin deputy attorney general Raffaele Guariniello with the help of Gianfranco Colace and Sara Panelli. The conspicuous absent face from this list of potential shame is Pairetto’s colleague Paolo Bergamo, actually on the UEFA refereeing panel and – fortunately – not in any of the ‘friendly chitchats’.  Keep your eyes peeled for a Goal.com full transcription of the words that may strangle, pluck, stuff, roast, slice and gobble a rich duck.

Phone Coversation

One of them appears to show that Pierluigi Pairetto arranged a friendly ref for a Champions League match in the Amsterdam Arena – Urs Maier – and was expecting to be ‘remembered,’ something that Moggi guaranteed would happen.

Another (in two parts) introduces a novel form of payment – a Maserati.  It would appear that Moggi turned to Juve supremo Agnelli (of automotive fame and enormous fortune) for a sports car that would be ‘a gift’ for ‘a friend’ who turns out to be Enzo: none other than Innocenzo Mazzini - the Italian Federation VP.

Goal.com encourages readers to judge for themselves if the conversations really are proof of ill-will and wrong-doing or just a friendly conversation between old pals blown up by a wave of anti-Juve hysteria.  Can this blow Serie A out of the water – or is it just a bubble of flatulence in a Jacuzzi?

CONVERSATION BETWEEN MOGGI AND PAIRETTO (11th August 2004)

Moggi and Pairetto (the vice-President of the Uefa Referees Commission) speak on the phone about the Champions League first leg of the preliminary round between Juventus and Djugarden which ended 2-2.

Pairetto: Hello
Moggi: Gigi? Where are you?
Pairetti: We left
Moggi: Oh, what kind of f…. referee did you send us?
Pairetto: Oh, Fandel is one of the first…
Moggi: I know, but Miccoli’s goal is valid
Pairetto: No
Moggi: Why not? (…) But then all throughout the match he caused problems to us
Pairetto: I did not like the assistants overall, no, but I was thinking about someone else, the one that had raised was the one of Trezeguet which I remember in front.
Moggi: That is something else (…) Now be careful in Stockholm, eh?
Pairetto: This surely is a match…
Moggi: No, we’ll win, you know…
Pairetto: But they are poor
Moggi: But with someone like this it’s difficult, understood?
(…)

The conversation shifts to a discussion about some summer friendlies:

Moggi: Oh, at Messina send me Consolo and Battaglia
Pairetto: Eh, I already did it
Moggi: And who will you send us?
Pairetto: I think Consolo and Battaglia
Moggi: Eh, with Cassara, eh?
Pairetto: Yes
Moggi: And at Livorno, Rocchi?
Pairetto: At Livorno Rocchi, yes
Moggi: And for the Trofeo Berlusconi Pieri, please
Pairetto: We have not done it yet
Moggi: We shall do it later
Pairetto: Ok we’ll do it later.

CONVERSATION BETWEEN MOGGI, MORENA AND MOGGI (24th August 2004 – on the eve of the Champions League second leg match against Djugarden)

Moggi: Hello?
Morena: Mister Moggi, hello. I wanted to announce to you the referee and assistants for tomorrow night’s Champions League match
Moggi: Who’s the referee, Cardoso?
Morena: No, I see Poll Graham’s name
Moggi: Uhm…Where is he from?
Morena: He’s English
(…)
Pairetto: Hello
Moggi: Good morning
Pairetto: Hey there, good morning!
Moggi: Oh, what about Cardoso, eh?
Pairetto: Eh
Moggi: Paul Green (Moggi actually confused Graham Poll with Paul Green)
Pairetto: What?
Moggi: Paul Green
Pairetto: Then something must have happened in the last moment, I have Cardoso, something must have happened… he must have been sick or something like that
Moggi: Inform yourself
Pairetto: Yes yes, I will

Two weeks before the first group match of the first phase of the Champions League (2004/05 season) in program on the 15th of September, Pairetto announces the referee of that match to Moggi (the game ended 1-0 for the Bianconeri)

Moggi: Hello
Pairetto: Hey there, I know you forgot all about me, but I didn’t.
Moggi: Come on…
Pairetto: I placed a great referee for the Amsterdam match.
Moggi: Who?
Pairetto: Meier
Moggi: Great!
Pairetto: You see that I still think about you, even though you don’t anymore…
Moggi: Don’t start, now you’ll see, when I’m back, that I didn't forget you.

CONVERSATION BETWEEN MOGGI AND GIRAUDO (14th August 2004 – the two Bianconeri managers talk about the referee designations)

Giraudo: We see immediately what kind of air there is; you have any news of how the atmosphere is there at Sportilia?
Moggi: Good, good with Gigi (Pairetto)
Giraudo: But it’s not like last year?
Moggi: No, no, with Gigi it’s great
Giraudo: But now we tell him to work hard for this crow, because we cannot go on with this d… head

CONVERSATION ABOUT A CAR FOR AN IMPORTANT FRIEND

Man: Agnelli’s house, good morning
Moggi: Good morning, I’m Moggi. I need Nalla
Nalla: Hello Luciano
Moggi: I need urgently, because we need to do…
Nalla: Yes
Moggi: For an important friend, a Maserati
Nalla: Yes
Moggi: Four-door
Nalla: Four-door?
Moggi: Yes. We give you a week’s time, ten days, ok?
Nalla: Ok

Enzo: Hello?
Pairetto: Enzo?
Enzo: Hello Gigi
Pairetto: Listen, I wanted to tell you that I practically have the car.
Enzo: Which?
Pairetto: So when we want to go pick it up there is practically available the Maserati.
Enzo: Come on
Pairetti: Yes, therefore
Enzo: Madonna!
Pairetto: Now when I’m back home tomorrow I will call directly the Royal House.

Mazzini On Carraro (The FIGC vice-President and Moggi speak to each other on the 6th of September, about the federal elections and a meeting with the referees)

Mazzini: For this ***.... (referred to Carrara), don’t forget that he thinks that, also if he passes like he normally wants, he will win. Instead you must stick it up his a… Don’t forget
Moggi: Ooh if I tell you let me talk to him, then tomorrow I have the appointment
Mazzini: Ok
(…)
Mazzine: On Friday I’ll do the referees
Moggi: On Friday I will come too
Mazzini: I told Anto’ and he told me that he won’t come
Moggi: Let it go, that’s a hybrid environment, the less that someone blends in, the better it is, and it’s not worth it to stay far away: I will make one take part or I will take part, or I will send Alessio

CONVERSATIONS BETWEEN MOGGI AND SON

(10th September 2004)

Alessandro Moggi: …the other day, take it as an information, then I don’t know, I met up with Preziosi (former President of Genoa) lit it always happens
Luciano Moggi: Uhm
A. Moggi: He started telling me how football is changing, you must be careful of this and that, Carraro, Galliani, then he tells me not to trust Montezemoli. I ask him why? Because I overheard a conversation at Juve, they want to kick everyone out except for Giraudo
L. Moggi: Yes, but this is b…..
A. Moggi: I’m telling you what I heard, since many times Preziosi is this kind of environment, he’s in it.
L. Moggi: He’s never there
A. Moggi: Well, dad, I’m telling you because...
L. Moggi: It’s exactly the other way round

(19th August 2004)

A. Moggi: Morabito (agent) called me, in particular Vigorelli (agent), to find out if you wanted to make an exchange of loans for Liverani
L. Moggi: No, no. They work for Lazio now?
A. Moggi: What do I know, that’s what he told me
L. Moggi: Damn it, since that one hooked down there, but I want to talk with him, because they gave them Lopez and they want to give them Marquez, eh?
A. Moggi: Eh, I know
L. Moggi: Therefore it’s certain that they managed to get in a little, because they cannot go in much there, unless Cinquini (former Sports Director of Lazio) does not work anymore for Lazio

(28th August 2004) Talking about Miccoli

L. Moggi: I asked Lotito for 10 million and he told me 5, no? You must tell him: look, I can convince my father to do it for 7.5 million. Tell him some stories at the beginning
A. Moggi: Ok

Luciano then calls a friend of Miccoli

L. Moggi: Tell him to be less stupid, otherwise I won’t let him be called up for the National team, so I pass a judgement on him, because I will send him to the National team.

CONVERSATION WITH BISCARDI (TV PERSONALITY AND JOURNALIST)

Biscardi: Hello?
Moggi: Can I speak with Doctor Biscardi?
Biscardi: It’s me
Moggi: I’m Luciano Moggi
Biscardi: Uehh….Lucia
Moggi: So yesterday I called here our friend from Trieste…Baldas (former referee designator and commentator on the TV program “Il Processo di Biscardi”). I gave him a good talking, but there was no need. He does not have any fault
(…)
Moggi: But if he doesn’t come I won’t get anyone else, why should we kill the league off?
Biscardi: No, you won’t kill f…. anything, maybe you killed it off last season, you should give me 40 million, you bet with me and you lost
Moggi: Aldo, but I…you’re like an insured clock, what can I say?
Biscardi: And where is it?
Moggi: And you know that when I tell you…
Biscardi: And I don’t know. You never send it…
Moggi: F… off, I gave you one, it cost 40 million. 
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Warchant   Moggi To Duck And Cover In Referee Scandal?   May 5 2006, 09:34 AM
- - RD.X   WTF, Juve are pathetic!!!!   May 5 2006, 09:58 AM
- - I_Rossoneri   Unfortunately nothing will happen to Juve as they ...   May 5 2006, 03:54 PM
|- - Nova   QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ May 5 2006, 03:54 PM)Unf...   May 5 2006, 04:56 PM
- - GULLIVER   People, remember that Seria A is Italian chempions...   May 5 2006, 08:43 PM
- - Portikins   Nothing is gonna happen to him or to anybody. In ...   May 5 2006, 10:04 PM
- - I_Rossoneri   Here is an online petition to sign against Moggi a...   May 6 2006, 01:39 PM
- - Warchant   QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ May 6 2006, 07:39 AM)Her...   May 6 2006, 04:00 PM
|- - Diavolo   QUOTE (Warchant @ May 6 2006, 04:00 PM)#1887 ...   May 6 2006, 10:18 PM
|- - GULLIVER   QUOTE (Diavolo @ May 7 2006, 01:18 AM)#2224 ...   May 7 2006, 11:06 AM
- - I_Rossoneri   Italian Scandal: The Rash Erupts Exposure of the ...   May 11 2006, 11:00 PM
- - Portikins   Well... arrest'em all.   May 11 2006, 11:03 PM
- - dst   QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ May 6 2006, 03:39 PM)Her...   May 11 2006, 11:08 PM
- - Nova   Juventus is going down . Alltough I dont think th...   May 11 2006, 11:17 PM
- - dst   QUOTE (Nova @ May 12 2006, 01:17 AM)Juventus ...   May 11 2006, 11:26 PM
- - Bluesummers   I hope so, if juve gets disquallified then milan w...   May 12 2006, 12:07 AM
- - dst   QUOTE (Bluesummers @ May 12 2006, 02:07 AM)I ...   May 12 2006, 12:26 AM
- - LaPalma   Of course Milan would we win the Scudetto. Someone...   May 12 2006, 10:23 AM
- - Rossoneri7   I dont know but a friend of mine who is a zabra fa...   May 12 2006, 02:03 PM
- - .:Ldg:.   also ac milan is involved in this scandal...   May 12 2006, 02:41 PM
|- - RD.X   QUOTE (.:Ldg:. @ May 12 2006, 07:11 PM)also a...   May 12 2006, 03:13 PM
- - .:Ldg:.   Leonardo Meani   May 12 2006, 04:43 PM
- - dst   f@ck ofcourse Milan would be involded..what is Sil...   May 12 2006, 04:46 PM
- - .:Ldg:.   the matchs involved are Siena-Milan 2-1 Milan-Chi...   May 12 2006, 04:50 PM
- - dst   QUOTE (.:Ldg:. @ May 12 2006, 06:50 PM)the ma...   May 12 2006, 04:55 PM
- - .:Ldg:.   I hope is an error   May 12 2006, 05:04 PM
- - RD.X   With Sheva leaving for F@ckin Chelski and This fre...   May 13 2006, 06:27 AM
- - hashkal   Too bad for Juve..... its not the players fault......   May 13 2006, 07:06 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:54 AM