Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OFFICIAL: Milan release Suazo

whoarethepatriot...
post Jun 23 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 782

Milan have officially announced they are pulling out of their contract for David Suazo, as he had already signed for Inter.

After Cagliari President Massimo Cellino admitted that a clause in the striker’s contract allowed him to be released for £9.4m to a club of his choice, the Rossoneri had little choice but to accept the ruling.

“Milan have a contract with Cagliari Calcio for the co-ownership rights to David Suazo,” read a statement on the website.

“However, later taking into account that the player had already signed a contract with Inter, we communicate that we are pulling out of the negotiations.

“Milan also wish to underline that they acted fairly in the affair and in full conformity of the national and international sporting rules.”

So now the only remaining piece of the puzzle is for Inter to announce the arrival of Suazo, which is expected over the weekend.

Originally it had been deemed an illegal move for the Nerazzurri to put pen to paper with a player who was still under contract, but it emerged that the clause released him for both overseas clubs and those within Italy.

“He didn’t even give me time to answer back, he sounded extremely certain,” noted Cagliari President Massimo Cellino. “I can only say that at this point I will leave the player free to make his path.”

This leaves Milan clutching at straws, particularly after news from Spanish paper ‘Marca’ this morning claiming that flop Ricardo Oliveira has requested a move to Real Madrid.

Yet this does all point in the same direction – that all of the European Champions’ funds will be poured into snatching a top star to play alongside Kaka and Ronaldo.

With Thierry Henry going to Barcelona for £16m, that leaves the door open for either Ronaldinho or Samuel Eto’o to walk away.

Milan have made no secret of their interest in the two Blaugrana players, although there are also options such as Chelsea’s Didier Drogba and former San Siro hero Andriy Shevchenko.

Not bothered in the slightest, with Henry off to Barca it means that Ronaldinho or Eto'o are more likely to arrive, with the Fave ronnie

Still a chance for Sheva too
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 23 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #2

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Sheva?!?! that would be a huge step backward.

Let's hope just for Ronaldinho or Eto'o...

I wonder why does this announcement come just hours after Barca-Henry deal?!...

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Jun 23 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #3

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

yeah... i'm not bothered either... after i found out he wanted inter, this was just the best option.. plus now we can go fro Eto' (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Jun 23 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jun 23 2007, 12:45 PM)
Sheva?!?! that would be a huge step backward.

Let's hope just for Ronaldinho or Eto'o...

I wonder why does this announcement come just hours after Barca-Henry deal?!...

He is much better than Olivera, so no it wouldnt be

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Jun 23 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #5

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,792

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Not that I thought Suazo was a superb signing, but we look like idiots now (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 23 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

Yeah. Inter really made us look stupid, more so the fact that we thought we'd made Inter look stupid over the whole thing. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Ah well. I'm not sure which is better Gila staying or Suazo leaving, both superb peices of news.

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Jun 23 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #7

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Suazo risks a six month ban for signing a contract while already contracted to cagliari

Moratti also faces punishement, but he is too well protected for anything to happen

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 23 2007, 03:54 PM
Post #8

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Jun 23 2007, 02:46 PM)
Suazo risks a six month ban for signing a contract while already contracted to cagliari

Moratti also faces punishement, but he is too well protected for anything to happen

I hope Suazo does NOT get a ban. I'd rather it be him playing against us than Crespo or Zlatan, let him play. He's only going to make them worse as a team, maybe he'll improve them as a squad, nothing more.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Jun 23 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #9

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

FIGC: Suazo risks six-month ban

David Suazo risks a six-month ban after signing a contract with Inter before the clubs had reached an agreement, warn the FIGC.

“Both Suazo and Massimo Moratti said that a contract had already been signed,” noted Mario Stagliano, the former Vice-President of the Federation investigative committee.

“If that is the case, then even if it was torn up later, the crime was admitted by both parties and so a punishment is applicable.

“According to the regulations, the player and the President must be suspended or face some form of sanction. The maximum ban is six months.”

The Nerazzurri confirmed that they had penned a personal deal with the striker even though Cagliari had not formally sold him yet.

So when Milan came in and secured a £10m transfer with the Sardinians, they found him already promised to the other side of the San Siro.

This morning the Rossoneri officially pulled out of the agreement with Cagliari because of that personal contract, but the matter could well not be over with yet.

Channel4

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jun 23 2007, 04:10 PM
Post #10

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

I hope Suazo gets banned! three months would be fair enough!

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Jun 23 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

if inter get suazo and we get etoo or ronaldinho, we will definitely not look like the stupid ones

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Jun 23 2007, 08:33 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

hope he gets baned lol it will be just !!!

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Jun 23 2007, 09:53 PM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

hehe this makes me laugh. Galliani knew that eto and ronnie wouldn't be touchable in the current state so he decided to go for suazo whose not half bad. But now that barca signed henry, things are going to change. Thats why milan pulled out, otherwise i think we would have signed him straight up. Baldy saying were doing this and that and respectin is all talk. So its pretty much guaranteed, ronnie or eto will be coming. F*ck yeah, can't wait for the new season.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:27 PM