Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serie A - Week 31 - Milan - Inter, Date: 02/04/11 Time: 20:45 CET

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 6 2011, 01:30 AM
Post #391

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

(IMG:http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0f2dfpZeLM0RU/610x.jpg)

Just felt like posting this...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 6 2011, 02:20 PM
Post #392

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 6 2011, 12:30 AM) *

Wow Boateng can jump!!!!

Look at Allegri! He looks like a proud mother hen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

vnata001
post Apr 6 2011, 09:52 PM
Post #393

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,681

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 5 2011, 01:14 AM) *
@vnata, you're basing you etire argument on the attackers' movement, and while I do agree that it is very important that they make runs, the midfield's movement is far more important then their's. The way V.Bommel moves, the way Boateng makes his runs, evn Rino to an extent was making a lot of movement off the ball. We've seen all of those players being static before, you can have Villa and Messi up there but if you have Rino, Amro, Flamini and Seedorf standing around pinging the ball horizontally and backwards to each other then Messi and Villa will look like cr@p I can assure you that. You think Barca's success is because of Villa and Messi's movement? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Watch closely, their midfield is th true star of that entire simphony, no Xavi, Iniest, Busquettes behind those 3 forwards and you have an average team right there.

Also V.Bommel as box to box? No he was playing the holding mid position perfectly, him sitting in front of the defence is the reason why we've been so strong defensively lately, sure when Inter left acres of space to run into he move forward, but that is only natural

You're blaming Ibra for a lot of things, at the beginning of the season Ibra worked his @ss off constantly moving and working for the team, after xmas he hit a brick wall and it really has to be blamed on Allegri for consantly playing him even when there was no need which continued to physically plow Ibra into the ground. Pato and him, physically speaking would be the perfect pairing, they can work together great, and imo the only thing holding them back is a petty competition that is going on between the two of them.

trust me i am well aware of barca's midfield being the star of the show. but dani alves' iniesta's, messi's, pedro's, and villa's movement create the little pockets of space in which xavi and busquets put themselves into a positions to orchestrate. Xavi's and Busquets' movement is much less dynamic than the rest of those players, with Xavi playmaking and Sergio holding. I am well aware that the fluidity of a team's play is not solely based on the movement of the forwards. Its the balanced movement of the entire unit around that midfield core.

In our side, Seedorf and Pirlo can play that deep-lying playmaking role well (at this point in their careers, only one ought to play at a time). MvB is that glue-guy holding player. This leaves room for a destroyer and a player to help the attack (in our 4 man midfield). However MvB's and Pirlo/Seedorf's movement is limited and more based on positioning (like Xavi/Sergio). That requires the rest of the players around them to be constantly moving. Abate, our left back, Boateng, and our two strikers must be making runs so as to avoid wasting some of the effectiveness of our midfield pass masters and helping us play football in the final third. Our CF in particular must be making breaks on goal, so as to keep the opposing defensive line honest, opening up more space for the second striker to slip into the hole and find space for dribbling.

i am well aware that the fluidity of a team's play is not solely based on the movement of the forwards. Of course two good strikers (villa, messi) would look average with a midfield three of holding players. I was referring to the characteristics of our team during the derby, which was not immobile players. We had decent movement around our midfield core of MvB and Seedorf. However, I argue that we played better than we had seen the team play in a long time because of the added boost we had from Pato's pacy, direct play up front, rather than Ibra's more stagnant style.

One parallel i think worth drawing is how Berbatov (who has similar characteristics to Ibra) started superbly for Man United early in their season with a midfield of scholes, carrick, giggs — all of whom i would consider decent technical players without great legs. Meanwhile, Rooney struggled in the system trying to partner Berbatov.

However, some months later, bench Berba. In comes Chicharito. there is no denying the whole team has more attacking impetus. The presence of Chicharito's forward, direct runs up front has created more easy goal-furnishing balls from scholes, carrick, giggs, and rooney. Meanwhile, Rooney is back in top form now that hes finding more space in the hole. Additionally, Chicharito has scored a lot of tap-ins (similar to Patos goals against Inter) and also moments of genius with the ball at his feet from that CF spot.

While in theory Ibra and Pato's characteristics should make for a great strike partnership, like Acid, I don't see Ibra capable of it. He doesn't play to help his team with runs, he plays to get the ball at his feet — kind of like Berbatov in build up play. Pato's runs strike fear into opposing CBs. Where as with Ibra, their content to stay behind him and prevent him from turning. Therefore, you need pacy midfielders making runs to help Ibra's hold up play.

The way I see it is we revamp the midfield with some new box to box players and keep Ibra, or keep the highly technical, relatively immobile midfield core and play with two pacy strikers.

I think the Derby proves that the second system can work well too.

And yea:
Correct, MvB is a holding player, not a box to box. I was referring more to his ability to orchestrate an attacking possession from the top of the opponents final third. Misspoke.

This post has been edited by vnata001: Apr 6 2011, 09:56 PM

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Apr 7 2011, 03:44 AM
Post #394

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (Ry4n @ Apr 4 2011, 10:54 AM) *
damn , wish that had counted aswell !

if you count this, the handball on Maicon, an maybe lower MVB2's shot by 5cms, it's 6-0 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Apr 7 2011, 07:31 AM
Post #395

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Apr 7 2011, 03:44 AM) *
if you count this, the handball on Maicon, an maybe lower MVB2's shot by 5cms, it's 6-0 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Only Don Cesare can produce such a result (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 7 2011, 07:34 AM
Post #396

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 7 2011, 09:31 AM) *
Only Don Cesare can produce such a result (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

rip
post Apr 7 2011, 08:44 AM
Post #397

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,065

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 6 2011, 02:20 PM) *
Look at Allegri! He looks like a proud mother hen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

hahahahah (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

edit: great! now everyone at work is looking at me, cos im laughing like a maniac here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by rip: Apr 7 2011, 08:46 AM

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Apr 7 2011, 09:22 AM
Post #398

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 932

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Apr 7 2011, 06:44 AM) *

i'll take that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Apr 9 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #399

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 5 2011, 04:53 AM) *

Thanks!

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Apr 9 2011, 01:58 PM
Post #400

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=VUrOuTevZZs

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Apr 21 2011, 05:07 AM
Post #401

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

(IMG:http://roma.theoffside.com/files/2008/08/0001milaninter1.jpg)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  « < 25 26 27
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:43 AM