> Sheva gets Rossoneri visit, Sunday 1 October, 2006

dst
post Oct 2 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andriy Shevchenko’s crisis at Chelsea has raised reports he’s considering a return to Milan, especially with his old teammates coming to visit.

“We’ll go to see Sheva after the match as friends to celebrate his birthday,” revealed Vice-President Adriano Galliani.

Shevchenko has been named in Oleg Blokhin’s squad to face Italy in a Euro 2008 qualifier at Rome’s Stadio Olimpico on October 7, so he’ll fly back to Italy this week.

“It’s me, Carlo Ancelotti, director Ariedo Braida and a few of the players. If he ever gets lonely in London, our door is always open.”

The Ukrainian made the move to Stamford Bridge for £30m this summer, but hasn’t hit the back of the net since the second game and is attracting criticism from the British Press.

Milan tried to convince him to stay at San Siro until the last minute, but there are suggestions life in the Premiership is not what he expected.

However, while Galliani would welcome Sheva back with open arms, Ancelotti was not so warm in his comments this weekend.

“There is absolutely no chance of his return,” said the Coach. “I don’t see how that would happen. If it were up to me, I’d happily bring back all the players who did well at Milan, like Sheva, Manuel Rui Costa, Jaap Stam and even Rivaldo.”

The tactician also tried to reassure that Shevchenko just needs time to make his mark at Chelsea this season.

“This is natural, as someone who changes environment after many years has to adjust. It’s up to him to do everything he can in order to enter into their movement and system.”

Football Italia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 2 2006, 01:01 AM
Post #2

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Shevchenko back to Milan .. Haha like it matters (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

berenike_10
post Oct 2 2006, 02:45 AM
Post #3

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,894

i think that for pride , he wont be recived in milan again.. not the same way.. its a dream i think, and if its not i dont want to see him anymore on the rossoneri jersey

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Oct 2 2006, 03:45 AM
Post #4

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

Of course he won't return.

English is the language of his love.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Oct 2 2006, 04:07 AM
Post #5

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

no thanks. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

Portman
post Oct 2 2006, 10:17 AM
Post #6

Berretti

Member No.: 347

QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Oct 2 2006, 02:45 AM)
Of course he won't return.

English is the language of his love.

Ditto.

English is "the language". (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

vaahid
post Oct 2 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #7

Pulcini 99

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,158

Hi guys!

Well, my opinion is....

AC Milan are far much greater than one single player. With all due respect, Sheva's time is over and we have to move on. Milan shouldn't get him back after his betrayal. Milan should focus on getting a better striker....Klaas Van Huntelaar perhaps? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Oct 2 2006, 03:57 PM
Post #8

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (vaahid @ Oct 2 2006, 03:44 PM)
Hi guys!

Well, my opinion is....

AC Milan are far much greater than one single player. With all due respect, Sheva's time is over and we have to move on. Milan shouldn't get him back after his betrayal. Milan should focus on getting a better striker....Klaas Van Huntelaar perhaps?  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Hmm.... a better striker. Well that WILL be a problem, because we can't sign Henry. Huntelaar is good and talented but so far away from what the Ukrainian is.

+Quote Post

GULLIVER
post Oct 2 2006, 04:25 PM
Post #9

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 1,214

IMO again, I'd welcome him for 2$ milion, as a third/forth striker, if he can still do good here, then this should be "the return of sinned son" (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Oct 2 2006, 05:33 PM
Post #10

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (vaahid @ Oct 2 2006, 02:44 PM)
Hi guys!

Well, my opinion is....

AC Milan are far much greater than one single player. With all due respect, Sheva's time is over and we have to move on. Milan shouldn't get him back after his betrayal. Milan should focus on getting a better striker....Klaas Van Huntelaar perhaps?  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Concurrence (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 2 2006, 06:27 PM
Post #11

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Me heard Huntelaar was a goal poacher....what good would that do?

Not Henry either....he's one of the reasons why Arsenal are my number 2 club and I dunno...just doesn't sound right to me, though I'm not disputing the impact he'd have, but I think his relation to Arsenal is almost as strong as Totti's to Roma.

So what striker would we be looking for..umm...I kinda would love to see Oli rock. U know become the striker....kinda like what happened to Kaka...I mean he has the moves right!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 2 2006, 09:54 PM
Post #12

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I would love to see Oli in his Betis days as I would love to se Gila in his Parma days. Gila gave good positive signs against Siena, while Oli has yet to reach his top form after the injury.

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Oct 2 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

i have to give galiani credit

all of us are here bashing sheva for leaving us...but instead of waving his finger at sheva and said "i told you so" he welcomes back his rossoneri son back with open arms.

i, personally, don't want him back and don't think that he will be back...but people learn by there mistakes (i'm sure we can all agree on that)...so hopefully sheva will have learned something through all of this.

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 2 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #14

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Warchant @ Oct 3 2006, 12:41 AM)
so hopefully sheva will have learned something through all of this.

english ?? Nah ... Golf is what he's learnt !! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

misha
post Oct 2 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #15

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

I’m not joining Milan, says Sheva

Struggling Chelsea forward Andriy Shevchenko has dismissed rumours suggesting he may return to Milan as early as January.

The Ukrainian joined the Stamford Bridge outfit in a £31m move this summer, but has not yet adjusted to his new reality – scoring only once in eight games for the Blues – and has been overshadowed by Didier Drogba so far.

Reports in Italy on Sunday suggested that Sheva may be considering a return to the peninsula and could take advantage of Ukraine’s Azzurri Rome clash to discuss details with Milan officials.

“I do not regret my move to England and I am glad I chose London, I am very happy here,” said the player to the Controcampo publication.

“Drogba is living a fortunate moment, but I am sure that things will change and my time will come. There is no chance that I will return to Milan,” added Shevchenko.

Chelsea’s record buy attracted criticism once again after his performance on Saturday in the 1-1 home draw with Aston Villa, but Coach Jose Mourinho and captain John Terry both confirmed their trust in Sheva.

“He is just lacking goals,” said the Portuguese tactician. “When he finally scores that will give him more confidence.

“He is improving physically and I appreciated the work he put in for the team when he was without the ball.”

Teammate Terry agrees with Mourinho and is willing to wait for the Ukrainian to settle in. “Sheva's goals will come, but his work and input are there,” said the England captain.

Shevchenko had already been paired with a Milan return in the past few weeks and Coach Carlo Ancelotti said he would be glad to have him back – but at a reduced price.

His comments however were not as warm on Sunday, after their third consecutive 0-0 draw, when he said there was no possibility of seeing Sheva return to the Rossoneri outfit.

Football Italia

Maybe now the press will stop linking him with a comeback to Milan every week

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:31 PM