Reply to this topicStart new topic
> World Cup 2014

kurtsimonw
post Jun 24 2014, 11:11 PM
Post #1006

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

(IMG:https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/858065820.gif)

James GODriguez

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Jun 24 2014, 11:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jun 24 2014, 11:12 PM
Post #1007

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Faryd Mondragon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Surpassed Roger Milla and just became the oldest player to ever play in a World Cup.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Jun 24 2014, 11:24 PM
Post #1008

Allievi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,705

Congrats, dst (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This post has been edited by Jack Bauer: Jun 24 2014, 11:25 PM

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 24 2014, 11:26 PM
Post #1009

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jun 24 2014, 10:47 PM) *
This place is so biased, I'm done.

Marchisio is hard done by? Studs the guy on the knee, whilst walking at slow-motion which is apparently an act of pivoting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Pepe on the other hand when the ball is bouncing, makes same amount of contact? Definite red.

It can't be downright stupidity, it has to be bias.

I really don't see a red card there. He brings his leg up to avoid kicking the guy, which of course he does in the end but with no intent and he's actually stopped moving towards him and is not even launching his leg at him. It's a dangerous, reckless tackle and a yellow card but if that's a red then there should be a red in every game.

Again, I don't see how they are related other than the fact that we have distinctly differing opinions about them.

I don't think you're doing yourself a favor bringing up bias, you're hardly impartial yourself when it comes to Barcelona.

I don't think it's a matter of bias, we just see it very differently. I'm as perplexed as you are, I can't see how anyone would think this is a red card, there's seriously no force and no intent there so that can't be a red in my view. We're never going to agree, let's just leave it at that.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 25 2014, 12:54 AM) *
GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECE!

ALL BOW DOWN TO GOD SAMARAS!

Hahahaha (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Totally undeserving of a last 16 spot but this group was awful. Now we're going to just sit back and be **** again.

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jun 25 2014, 01:24 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Thanks.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 24 2014, 11:27 PM
Post #1010

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (dst @ Jun 25 2014, 12:26 AM) *
Totally undeserving of a last 16 spot but this group was awful. Now we're going to just sit back and be **** again.

Not really. Japan were crap in all 2 games. Head-to-head you deserved to win today. CIV did nothing.

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Jun 24 2014, 11:33 PM
Post #1011

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

CIV wouldve scored that 90th min counter if gervihno was still on.

Anyway congrats dst (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 24 2014, 11:54 PM
Post #1012

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 25 2014, 01:27 AM) *
Not really. Japan were crap in all 2 games. Head-to-head you deserved to win today. CIV did nothing.

It was a crap group overall.

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jun 25 2014, 01:33 AM) *
CIV wouldve scored that 90th min counter if gervihno was still on.

Anyway congrats dst (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I don't get why the ref stopped the game so soon by the way.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 24 2014, 11:58 PM
Post #1013

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 24 2014, 08:01 PM) *
What does that have to do with it? He was obviously trying to provoke Chiellini into either hitting him or putting him off. Something must have gone through his mind for him to think that this is a great opportunity for him to sink his teeth into the competition.

I think you're making some big assumptions here. This has nothing to do with how I view people.

Neither of us is in his head, so neither of us can be right, but I personally think he does it for the same reason that some players make niggling kicks and shoves when the ref isn't looking. He's not doing it to get an obvious advantage in terms of playing the ball like when you elbow someone.

I just think blaming it on some strange mental issue is going overboard to justify his behaviour.

Look up Ivan Pavlov. Behaviourism at its most basic. When it goes wrong, or is guided malevolently, things like tonight happen. All the time.

Not justifying it, just explaining it.

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Jun 25 2014, 12:44 AM
Post #1014

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 24 2014, 07:58 PM) *
Look up Ivan Pavlov. Behaviourism at its most basic. When it goes wrong, or is guided malevolently, things like tonight happen. All the time.

Really? Until a psychiatrist gives him a diagnosis I think it's ridiculous to excuse the behavior of a grown man by such a flimsy assessment. It's far more likely that's he's just a violent person with a lack of self control.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 25 2014, 12:52 AM
Post #1015

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jun 24 2014, 11:44 PM) *
Really? Until a psychiatrist gives him a diagnosis I think it's ridiculous to excuse the behavior of a grown man by such a flimsy assessment. It's far more likely that's he's just a violent person with a lack of self control.

I'm not excusing it, nor justifying it, I'm trying to shed insight on why he might do it. And thanks for dismissing decades of psychology research as 'flimsy'.

PS: ironic I provide actual evidence and diagnostic possibilities which you dismiss as 'flimsy' while you describe a husband and father with no convictions as a violent person with a lack of self control. If mine is flimsy yours is plain shallow.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 25 2014, 01:13 AM
Post #1016

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 24 2014, 11:58 PM) *

Explaining it?

For me bringing up psychology here is a form of excusing his actions. Are you trying to compare Suarez biting people to Pavlov's dogs? I don't need explanations, I know what the theory is, but I think it's just terrible to try to explain away Suarez's behaviour by even mentioning it.

He knows what he's doing and his comments after the game should tell you enough. He's a cheater, pure scum, plain and simple.

His biting IS a violent action towards opponents, it's violence at it's most basic and animalistic form. And don't tell me that he doesn't try to get away with it. Look at how he acted after he bit Chiellini. Rolling around acting like he was injured and then holding his mouth as if Chiellini was the one to shoulder barge him.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 25 2014, 01:16 AM
Post #1017

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 25 2014, 12:52 AM) *
I'm not excusing it, nor justifying it, I'm trying to shed insight on why he might do it. And thanks for dismissing decades of psychology research as 'flimsy'.

PS: ironic I provide actual evidence and diagnostic possibilities which you dismiss as 'flimsy' while you describe a husband and father with no convictions as a violent person with a lack of self control. If mine is flimsy yours is plain shallow.

I don't think you provided actual evidence Danny, you mentioned a theory used by mental health professional. It's not really anything other than an assumption.

I think Suarez is perfectly fine in the head, he's damn sure in what he's doing.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 25 2014, 01:24 AM
Post #1018

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 25 2014, 12:13 AM) *
Explaining it?

For me bringing up psychology here is a form of excusing his actions. Are you trying to compare Suarez biting people to Pavlov's dogs? I don't need explanations, I know what the theory is, but I think it's just terrible to try to explain away Suarez's behaviour by even mentioning it.

He knows what he's doing and his comments after the game should tell you enough. He's a cheater, pure scum, plain and simple.

His biting IS a violent action towards opponents, it's violence at it's most basic and animalistic form. And don't tell me that he doesn't try to get away with it. Look at how he acted after he bit Chiellini. Rolling around acting like he was injured and then holding his mouth as if Chiellini was the one to shoulder barge him.

Haha, this is actually ridiculous. The study of human behavour, psychology, dismissed as a method for explaining human behaviour.

Next we'll be ignoring gravity as a reason things fall.

I'm done here.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jun 25 2014, 01:27 AM
Post #1019

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 25 2014, 12:16 AM) *
I don't think you provided actual evidence Danny, you mentioned a theory used by mental health professional.

No I didn't, I mentioned proven behaviouristic cause and effect rationale as used by behaviourists.

It's not really anything other than an assumption.

I think Suarez is perfectly fine in the head, he's damn sure in what he's doing.

You're apparently 'assuming' too then.

If I am, so are you.

Like I say, I shall bow out here.

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Jun 25 2014, 01:28 AM
Post #1020

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (Danny @ Jun 24 2014, 08:52 PM) *

You presented zero evidence. The existence of a psychological phenomenon is in no way proof of it being the cause in this specific case. We both know the same small bit of evidence in this case: Suarez bit an opposing player for the third time in his professional career. Without more evidence I think the conclusion that he's a dirty violent player is far more plausible.

+Quote Post

108 Pages V  « < 66 67 68 69 70 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:14 PM