> [NT] National Team competitions, Euro qualifying, friendlies, etc

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 8 2018, 09:57 PM
Post #2611

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

The last Azzuri matches under Mancini were IMO dreadful. Hopefully something changes.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 9 2018, 02:55 PM
Post #2612

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 8 2018, 09:53 PM) *
What guys do you think of the current Azzurri line-up? I think they got an interesting bunch of young players mixed with some experience.

Donnarumma, Bonucci, Chiellini, Romagnoli, Caldara and Conti when they're fit to play again, Florenzi, Jorginho, Verratti, Barella, Bernardeschi, Chiesa, Inisgne, Immobile, Belotti etc.

The problem is that a bunch of them have never really performed as good for the Azzurri as they have for their clubs

Case in point Insigne and Immobile who are always outstanding for their clubs but always come up short for the NT

Same with Verratti tbh

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 9 2018, 11:16 PM
Post #2613

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

It doesn't help that Mancini is a pretty mediocre coach.

Line-up for tomorrow: Donnarumma; Florenzi, Bonucci, Chiellini, Biraghi; Verratti, Jorginho, Barella; Chiesa, Bernardeschi, Insigne.

Kinda nonsensical playing Bernardeschi as false nine if you ask me. But other than that it's an interesting line-up.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 10 2018, 02:52 PM
Post #2614

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 9 2018, 11:16 PM) *
It doesn't help that Mancini is a pretty mediocre coach.

Line-up for tomorrow: Donnarumma; Florenzi, Bonucci, Chiellini, Biraghi; Verratti, Jorginho, Barella; Chiesa, Bernardeschi, Insigne.

Kinda nonsensical playing Bernardeschi as false nine if you ask me. But other than that it's an interesting line-up.

It's very interesting that's for sure. But Immobile should be starting instead of Bernardeschi

That being said, those are pretty much all of the brightest talents in Italy, it's a young team but it's surely going to be interesting how all these players integrate. All of them are pretty much having great seasons for their respective teams so I'm curious to see if that can be translated to the NT

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 10 2018, 08:49 PM
Post #2615

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 10 2018, 02:52 PM) *
It's very interesting that's for sure. But Immobile should be starting instead of Bernardeschi

That being said, those are pretty much all of the brightest talents in Italy, it's a young team but it's surely going to be interesting how all these players integrate. All of them are pretty much having great seasons for their respective teams so I'm curious to see if that can be translated to the NT

I rate Bernardeschi higher than Chiesea, so for me Chiesa should sit.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 10 2018, 09:46 PM
Post #2616

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 10 2018, 08:49 PM) *
I rate Bernardeschi higher than Chiesea, so for me Chiesa should sit.

But Bernardeshi is more of an attacking midfielder and Chiesa is better on the wing. Since it's a 4-3-3 it makes more sense to play Chiesa

Anyway, another bad performance, and considering all that talent on the pitch it's really baffling.

Mancini should go for a 4-2-3-1. Verratti, Jorginho and Barella all in one midfield is a bit too much, and I found that they were getting in each other's way most of the time.

Also, another game, another disappointing performance from players like Insigne, Verratti, etc

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Oct 10 2018, 09:56 PM
Post #2617

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 10 2018, 09:46 PM) *
But Bernardeshi is more of an attacking midfielder and Chiesa is better on the wing. Since it's a 4-3-3 it makes more sense to play Chiesa

Bernardeschi's main position is actually RFW, that's where he played at Fiorentina and that's where Allegri usually plays him as well.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/federico-be.../spieler/197300

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Oct 11 2018, 09:05 AM
Post #2618

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

1-1 with Ukraine. Mancini is turning Italy in a legitime second rate team happy to qualify/participate. Unless he’s deliberately tanking this stupid Nations league with youngsters. Because you really can’t play serious NT football with such a bunch of youngsters and potentials. Balance is needed and so far Mancini isn’t getting there.

+Quote Post

175 Pages V  « < 173 174 175
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:11 AM