> Gattuso makes Rangers pledge, 15 Oct 2006

dst
post Oct 15 2006, 04:18 PM
Post #1

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has promised he will return to Rangers before the end of his career.

The World Cup winner and former Rangers favourite claims he has unfinished business at Ibrox and he has now made a pledge to Gers chairman David Murray.

Gattuso garnered cult status with the Rangers faithful after being brought to the club from Perugia, as a 19-year-old by then incumbent Walter Smith.

While his pugnacious displays in the middle of the park brought rave reviews from the stands, he was allowed to leave the club in 1998, when **** Advocaat took over at the helm.

Gattuso, who is married to a Scot, is under contract at Milan until 2011 but that has not stopped him from making a vow to return to the club where he enjoyed his formative years.

"I don't know when it will happen but it will happen," said Gattuso.

"I just have to go back and it's a promise I have made to myself and David Murray.

"I spoke to David in August in Edinburgh and he told me the door was always open for me. There won't be any problems with money.

"I know they are going through a bad time financially, and I won't go there to take a pension either.

"I won't go at 35 or 36, I'll go when I've still got something to offer them, at European level as well as Scottish.

"When I left Glasgow, it wasn't through the main door, I was forced to flee almost like some sort of thief, at four in the morning. That's stuck in my throat since.

"I'm a player who wants people to see how much I put into things, not someone who just runs away in the night.

"I've got a debt towards Rangers fans because of the way I left. They helped me get where I am. I just have to go back."

Planet Football
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post has been edited by dst: Oct 15 2006, 06:49 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 15 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #2

Primavera
Group Icon

... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Portman
post Oct 15 2006, 05:37 PM
Post #3

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

His wife wants to go to UK too... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Oct 15 2006, 05:43 PM
Post #4

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 15 2006, 04:18 PM)
when **** Advocaat

Haha...

His wife wants to go to UK too... rolleyes.gif

I'm sure it's his wife...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 15 2006, 06:00 PM
Post #5

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Bloody wives....

What does that mean he left like a thief in the night? Any trouble?

+Quote Post

mishie
post Oct 15 2006, 06:09 PM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

like it says in the article his wife is scottish so i s'pose it was always a possibilty!

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 15 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Oct 15 2006, 07:43 PM)
Haha...
I'm sure it's his wife...

This always happens ... I think m1ke has a problem with **** !!

+Quote Post

mishie
post Oct 15 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 15 2006, 05:29 PM)
This always happens ... I think m1ke has a problem with **** !!

easy mate you'll get banned!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Oct 15 2006, 06:50 PM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 15 2006, 08:38 PM)

for saying **** ??? what's your broblem with this poor guy **** !!?

+Quote Post

LaPalma
post Oct 15 2006, 06:59 PM
Post #10

Insert cool title here<--
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,792

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 15 2006, 06:50 PM)

Yap, we're only talking about former durch NT coach **** A. . What's wrong with ****? I really don't get it...I mean **** is a really bad coach....but **** is still ****...

+Quote Post

mishie
post Oct 15 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #11

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 15 2006, 05:50 PM)

did you not notice the smile at the end of my post i was having a joke mate chill out! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 15 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) dst was joking too...he's never serious unless he is talking about redono (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Captain Ambro
post Oct 15 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #13

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 608

Good. Go. Right now. Or at least in the summer. Gennaro is not doing anything for Milan at the moment. The only games that he is useful in are those in the Champions League and the derbies against Inter. Those are the only games he even puts in an effort. If you ask me, he's just occupying valuable space in the squad right now, while having a huge salary. We have Brocchi and Ambrosini as defensive midfielders, who actually are able to create something in offense as well, something you certainly couldn't say about Gattuso.

Remember the CL-final against Liverpool? (Idiotic question, I know) Afterwards, he wasn't keen at all on continue playing for Milan. He said he wanted to leave for Man United. Now, when things are going crappy for the team, he says he will leave for Rangers in the near future. Notice that he claims he will not go there when he's 35 or 36, but while he still has something to offer the club. He's 29 now, that means he'll probably leave in a 2 years period if you ever can trust this *******. Just a few months ago he said he would end his career in Milan, now this.
You want a third example? Just about a year ago, Ambrosini was outplaying Gattuso(as he always would be if it wasn't for all his injuries) and after a good 3 or 4 games on the bench he started to moan and threatened he would leave the club. Unfortunately, Ambrosini got injured again and Carlo had to put Gattuso on the pitch again.
He's just a selfish ******* and for god sake don't say he's loyal. A loyal player are the ones who doesn't get to play 90 minutes every game, but still stays because he loves the club. This is not Gattuso. Sure, things might look easy when you always get to play and the team are doing well. However, it's in these type of situations, when the team struggle that the true Milanisti shows its worth. Rhino is not one of those. Ambrosini, Costacurta, Simic and even Rui Costa when he was still here. Those are the ones to charish and love...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 15 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Uh-oh...dst go easy..you too han!!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

Ambro my bro you shouldn't have said that!! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

aLbErTo
post Oct 15 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #15

Best substiton player :)

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,810

It may sound funny but milan without gattuso is NOT milan!!! He's does the job which is not as seen as maybe pirlo's passes or inzaghi's goals...but he's definitly one of the key players !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I don't belive this is true anyway !

This post has been edited by aLbErTo: Oct 15 2006, 09:11 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:35 PM