Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Calciopoli trio: We’re innocent

m1ke
post Jul 7 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina have gone on the defensive in the Calciopoli trial by insisting they have no case to answer.

While Juventus this week hinted that they would accept a form of demotion should they be found guilty of sporting fraud, the other three clubs on trial have opted to go down another road.

Lawyers representing the trio have told the sporting tribunal that they should be cleared of all the allegations thrown at them, charges which could see them relegated to Serie B.

Lead prosecutor Stefano Palazzi this week called for Juve to be placed in Serie C with a six-point penalty, while he told the court that Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina deserve to be thrown into the Second Division with a points penalty.

That request has been met with astonishment by the clubs who are suspected of trying to influence the results of matches, with the aid of referees and their assistants, during the 2004-05 campaign.

“Lazio are innocent,” stated capital lawyer Gian Michele Gentile. “We have nothing to admit. Juventus have chosen to do it like that, but we at Lazio have nothing to hide.”

Lazio chief Claudio Lotito, who is one of 25 individuals also indicted, pleaded his innocence and threatened to turn to the civil courts if he was unsatisfied with the verdict that could be delivered on Monday.

Fiorentina have also asked to be cleared and have looked to prove their innocence by providing a dossier to the court with the aim of winning their case.

Milan have been implicated as a result of some intercepted phone calls by ex-Rossoneri official Leonardo Meani with regard to the appointments of linesmen.

As a result, Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has been implicated in the scandal, even if his lawyer Marco De Luca doesn’t understand why. De Luca said: "There is not a single fact in the world that proves Galliani approved of Meani's conduct. Respect for the rules is in Milan’s DNA.”

Former refereeing designator Pierluigi Pairetto is also fighting for justice amidst a variety of claims, including that the weekly draw with regard to the allocation of match officials was rigged. His lawyer Giorgio Merlone has dismissed that theory.

“There was, according to the investigation’s report, only a suspicion that the draw was fixed,” noted Merlone. “But now the prosecutor, as if by magic, has turned suspicion into certainty. But there is no proof.”

The trial, taking place at Rome’s Stadio Olimpico while Italy prepare for the World Cup Final, continues.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

GULLIVER
post Jul 7 2006, 11:59 AM
Post #2

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,214

If Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina get relegated along with Juve, then there will be nothing to watch in Seria A. Nothing.
And I think judges can understand that when Juve admits his fault, and agrees to relagate, it will be a big lesson for others to be careful with such things.

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jul 7 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #3

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 347

QUOTE (GULLIVER @ Jul 7 2006, 10:59 AM)
If Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina get relegated along with Juve, then there will be nothing to watch in Seria A. Nothing.
And I think judges can understand that when Juve admits his fault, and agrees to relagate, it will be a big lesson for others to be careful with such things.

If we cheated, we should be punished. Same for the others.

I would like to know what Galliani and Berlusconi would say if we get relegated.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 7 2006, 09:41 PM
Post #4

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Portugal @ Jul 7 2006, 11:34 PM)
I would like to know what Galliani and Berlusconi would say if we get relegated.

If that was the verdict, then they both would have decieved us. I would be shocked

This post has been edited by Rossoneri7: Jul 7 2006, 09:45 PM

+Quote Post

Portman
post Jul 7 2006, 09:45 PM
Post #5

Berretti

Member No.: 347

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jul 7 2006, 08:41 PM)
I wouldn't; cz they would have decieved us into thinking we were innocent.

So what? Everybody would shut up, and everything goes nice to 'B'?

Are they just relegating us /Lazio and Viola/ because of Juventus?

Cmon... to get relegated we're in deep sh1t. I just want to know if Galliani will stay there... it would be ridiculous.

And, if he's the responsible for all this sh1t.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Jul 7 2006, 09:57 PM
Post #6

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Portugal @ Jul 7 2006, 11:45 PM)
So what? Everybody would shut up, and everything goes nice to 'B'?

Are they just relegating us /Lazio and Viola/ because of Juventus?

Cmon... to get relegated we're in deep sh1t. I just want to know if Galliani will stay there... it would be ridiculous.

And, if he's the responsible for all this sh1t.

My point exactly;Juve didn't deny any of the charges that was brought against them ..

Milan are fighting against the charges, plus making promises that we aren't : if the verdict is that we are to be demoted, then Galliani and Berlusconi would loose there credability in my eyes.

+Quote Post

florenti1
post Jul 9 2006, 01:30 PM
Post #7

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 1,983

Probably thats the reason why prosecuters want MILAN in B
If Galliani will go away MILAN will remain in A
Berlusconi and Galliani will lose anyway
The problem is that the ones who will suffer the most are the club and the suporters

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:59 AM